+ Reply to Thread
    Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Possibly heading to Boston for Unite

Provided the approval goes through, I'll be heading to Boston for the Unite conference. If I have some free time, I'd like to maybe hit some places of interest but I have no idea what's in the area. The only thing coming to my mind at the moment that I'd like to stop at are a hobby stores and I don't even know what's in the area.

If I could get some ideas, that'd be great. Thanks.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

what's Unite?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Never been myself, I know my boss went a couple years ago and visited Salem, said it was pretty cool and was worth the visit. Catch a game at Fenway. Guess it depends what is of interest to you

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sapporo Ramen: Porter Square Red Line stop, head towards the mall. There's a whole section of the mall which can best be described as someone taking a slice of Japan and dropping it into a Boston Mall. The ramen sold there is amazing.

Take a Duck Tour: Go to the Museum of Science (Red Line to Park Street, Green Line to Science Park), and the ticket window is near the back of the Museum. It's about $35 and it's a great tour of the city, as well as a trip down the Charles River. Hell, check out the museum afterwards also. They have one of the largest Van de Graaff generators in the world there.

One of my favorite greasy spoon restaurants is on Beacon Hill. It's called the Fill A Buster and it's located right next to the State House. The Spinach Pie is great.

Just sit on the Boston Common and have some roasted nuts.

Check out the Public Gardens for a ride on the Swan Boats. Red Line to Park Street, Green Line to Arlington. They're closing soon, but it's worth at least trying to get a ride in.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    what's Unite?
    Oh, sorry, it's the annual Unity conference put on for game creators that use it to create games for various platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Sapporo Ramen: Porter Square Red Line stop, head towards the mall. There's a whole section of the mall which can best be described as someone taking a slice of Japan and dropping it into a Boston Mall. The ramen sold there is amazing.

Take a Duck Tour: Go to the Museum of Science (Red Line to Park Street, Green Line to Science Park), and the ticket window is near the back of the Museum. It's about $35 and it's a great tour of the city, as well as a trip down the Charles River. Hell, check out the museum afterwards also. They have one of the largest Van de Graaff generators in the world there.

One of my favorite greasy spoon restaurants is on Beacon Hill. It's called the Fill A Buster and it's located right next to the State House. The Spinach Pie is great.

Just sit on the Boston Common and have some roasted nuts.

Check out the Public Gardens for a ride on the Swan Boats. Red Line to Park Street, Green Line to Arlington. They're closing soon, but it's worth at least trying to get a ride in.

Cool, I'll keep those in mind. The hotel appears to be in Cambridge and the conference itself is at the John B Hynes Veteran's Memorial Convention Center. I've looked at a map, but I can't seem to work out if there's public transit routes that may make getting around a little easier. If they hadn't left booking the trip so late, we could have possibly gotten something within walking distance of the conference. Oh well, we'll have to work with what was booked for us.