1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If the dungeons weren't so damn boring I'd probably consider playing again. Also, what ever happened to the world being "dangerous" in 3.0? I couldn't believe Yoshida claimed it was going to be harder. He must think the entire playerbase is made up of brain-dead retards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

People legit saw HW areas as deadly because they couldn't braindead their way through it. But all you literally needed was a chocobo.

Unless you were a tank, then it was the same as before.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Vertical progression just wore me out. I realize this is the current paradigm for AAA MMOs, but it just doesn't work for me at this age anymore. It was just disheartening to constantly be throwing away gear that you put a lot of blood and sweat into obtaining. I think I realized that I couldn't do the hamster wheel again while cleaning out my retainers ahead of Alex Savage; that was the last time I logged on and I think I'm likely done for good now.
    Have a friend who sank millions into Pentamelded stuff for his FCoB clears. I asked about the new gear that was in HW and I could see him die a little inside when he told me how easily it was all replaced.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    '

Arguably this was my problem and I can see how non-tanks might have a bit more trouble, but the fact you could still avoid everything on a mount was a bit saddening too.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Only way I found the world to be more dangerous is trying to kill lv59 hunt bills as a lv 50-52 MCH/AST.

So basically if you're playing as the devs intend (undergeared DRG spamming 123 only), then sure it's more dangerous.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I figured this out when 2.2 was released. I spent weeks and weeks trying to farm BiS Aiming gear from BCoB, only to throw them all in the trash shortly after 2.2 came out. Why bother?

Say what you want about XI, but at least in that game I spent more time actually using a piece of gear than I did trying to obtain it.
    thx to windower and spellcast

You can still outrun everything on foot (sprint optional), mount and flight aren't necessary.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Having to zone agro was more of a headache than the immersion was worth, IMO.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Having to zone agro was more of a headache than the immersion was worth, IMO.
    Eh, I'm of the opinion that if it's not going to do anything then it might as well not be there. I find the open-world monsters in XIV far more of a nuisance than they ever were in XI. In XIV the monsters literally exist to annoy you as a player and serve as fetch quest objectives. Otherwise they randomly drop a laughable amount of materials, which as a crafter wasted my inventory space 90% of the time if it wasn't something I was in need of.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Only way I found the world to be more dangerous is trying to kill lv59 hunt bills as a lv 50-52 MCH/AST.
    If you have a bird with Choco Cure then it's not even that dangerous. I was killing LV59 hunt bills as 52MCH with my bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    thx to windower and spellcast
    TBH, there's a lot of gear that I never would have bothered getting if not for Windower.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    People legit saw HW areas as deadly because they couldn't braindead their way through it. But all you literally needed was a chocobo.

Nah not even needed... the only "dangerous" part I see of lvling... was (through fates) tagging everything before anyone else did... you know how scary having 20+ ranged mobs target you is when your near naked+under lvled) >.>

Actually died a couple times from the elemental fate...

As for question.. did it on sch so it was effortless. Job quests were easy enough to do near naked (because I did do them near naked)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    because I did do them near naked)
    I wonder why...

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I wonder why...
    things are always more fun, with naked women! (or in this case catgirls)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Have a friend who sank millions into Pentamelded stuff for his FCoB clears. I asked about the new gear that was in HW and I could see him die a little inside when he told me how easily it was all replaced.
    What the hell did he expect? It's not like he didn't do it fully aware that there was an expansion coming that would raise the level cap coming. I spent a shitload perfectly pentamelding all my NIN gear, too, but I knew full well it would be invalidated the next update. It's beating a dead horse at this point, but there's nothing else to spend the money on.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    things are always more fun, with naked women! (or in this case catgirls)
    Yeah but Miqo'te look like boring-ass generic anime catgirls where 90% of the playerbase all make their cats look the exact same.

As for continuing to play, it's mostly due to my static, and because I like progression content, despite everything this game does to make content progression as inconvenient as possible, despite the crazy JPs on Chocobo server managing to make pugging shit work.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    That's always been the game once you complete the MSQ.
    Well I suppose that's true for almost all MMOs. Though yeah, I just feel like XIV doesn't have much of a middle ground for EG. Tomestone farming is mind numbingly easy, and anything more difficult with PUGs always seems to be a migraine.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

In 2.0 I felt like I had way more to do, but I also started from level 1. 1-50 was a lot of fun, because it was my first time experiencing so many dungeons and the story was entertaining. I also had friends. Get to endgame, yeah the point grind sucked, but I'm used to grinding in other MMOs. Doing fights like Titan HM and Coil were fun, challenging, and SORTA felt rewarding. Each patch after that felt like recycling the content, new battles got old quick.

Nowadays, I just keep hoping it gets better in a future patch. Yoshi-P mentioned before wanting to make gear more interesting...will he ever follow up? Also said that we'd have more "new" types of content because of how easy it is for them to make filler content like 2 dungeons/patch and stuff. Will that work out to give us more fun content?

I hate capping Esoterics is because I'm not logged into the game if I'm not capping Esoterics, Scrips, or doing Savage -- because there's no reason to otherwise, I have jack shit to do. I also don't feel like the esoteric gear is very valuable. Especially as a Healer, not much changes. I get very slightly better, the most noticeable thing is probably my DPS but even that is small changes.

On the bright side, even the casual communities are getting tired of this shit. Official Forums and reddit are full of posts complaining about not having anything to do (majority doesn't do savage, if you're at "endgame" there is no endgame). If they start losing enough subs will they do something about it?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The ones making these threads on OF are getting slamed into the ground by White knights

Like this retard

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3317520

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The ones making these threads on OF are getting slamed into the ground by White knights

Like this retard

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3317520
    I still can't believe people use that as an excuse for the lack of content.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The battle they struggle with in order not to fall into the claws of common sense is real. They think constructive criticism and honest feedback is being negative and purposeless positivity is better.

A: "I'm sorry but I don't like how vanilla flavour is tasting at the moment"
    B: "How DARE YOU not like this vanilla flavour? It's my favourite! gosh you are so negative, If you didn't rush eating vanilla flavour ice cream, you'd probably enjoy it better!"
    A:"Well, maybe if they did it like this, for example, it would help improve the flavour"
    B:"NOPE you are wrong that's impossible, it will never work"
    A:"Well why not try it and see first? We don't know that"
    B:"I said NO! it's impossible, stop already okay? This is the way vanilla is and if you don't like it go buy another brand"
    A:"Oh.. you don't want the brand behind your favourite vanilla ice cream to make more money for their benefit? Oh Okay..."

*Some time later, said brand stops selling vanilla ice cream because not enough people were buying it due to not liking the flavour*

B: "What... what happened to my vanilla ice cream?" *goes hop to some vanilla ice cream from another new brand* "Oh well, whatever, got my new shiny here." *process repeats*

PS: Actually, I take it back, this is not overexagerated, it's exactly how their stance looks like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast