1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 16 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 17 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    teaching a new pickup person the mechanics of a fight twice a week for 2 months is not fun.
    Imagine doing that 10+ times over a year.

Best part is, repeating same 5-8 minute content after a big(ger) mistake.
    Really tired of it.

Yes I am against that circle shit too. I enjoyed T1 boss and T2 / T5 way more.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just level an alt, and you'll get new content

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by bercus View Post
    Imagine doing that 10+ times over a year.

Best part is, repeating same 5-8 minute content after a big(ger) mistake.
    Really tired of it.

Yes I am against that circle shit too. I enjoyed T1 boss and T2 / T5 way more.
    Some people just can't handle the struggle of harder content (the learning of not only yourself but others, getting down the strats, overcoming laggy people issues, router issues, real life issues, poop issues) and give up. It may seem like the easy way out, but it just makes tit that much harder for the others ;/

Its kind of rare to find people that will really stick with you to see things through to the end no matter the struggles.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    but it just makes tit that much harder
    From anyone else, this would just be a typo.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Its kind of rare to find people that will really stick with you to see things through to the end no matter the struggles.
    This is certainly true; however, I believe that part of the problem is the rewards for beating such content. At this point it's hard to keep players interested when raid content essentially drops more of the same with no variation except for meaningless stats and the potential for glamour. For me this is one of the main reasons I quit raiding midway through A2S. I lost my desire to get the new gear because I had realized how useless it would be in six months anyways.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I stopped caring for gear once I got my relic and realized how easy it was to replace it. I only care for glamour and min-maxing at this point.

And I don't particularly mind this If the journey was more of an experience. I wouldn't be with the "only online for friends" crowd if that was the case.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm bored. I login to level our airships and to get done esos. I'm slowly leveling my crafters to 60, with only weaver done. I love gathering but can't face scrip grinding. I'm the only person I know who still tries to do some Alexander each week. Dunno. If 3.1 doesn't deliver I think my friends will quit. If they quit, there's little point in playing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    I'm really sorry that a lot of you guys don't have many of your friends still online. But I'm seeing an awful lot of "I don't want to do statics" and "Playing with random people is frustrating." I understand the posts where friends stop playing and you're the only one who still logs on, that really does suck. But then again, in an mmo, I really think some people(posters here included) need to tear down some walls.
    I just experienced this over the past 2 weeks myself after stepping down from my old group that I had been in since 2.0. A couple players were making raiding a really miserable experience for me, so I bowed out. All of the people I already knew either had full groups or weren't looking for my jobs, so I joined a group of almost entirely strangers. Figured it would mostly just be a symbolic act, that I would hate it, get bored, and quit. Turns out they're all totally chill, grounded individuals and I've been enjoying raiding more than ever.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    I'm really sorry that a lot of you guys don't have many of your friends still online. But I'm seeing an awful lot of "I don't want to do statics" and "Playing with random people is frustrating." I understand the posts where friends stop playing and you're the only one who still logs on, that really does suck. But then again, in an mmo, I really think some people(posters here included) need to tear down some walls.
    Problem is though...

In XI, that'd be no problem. It's an MMO, it's community focused and while true people stuck with their own cliques for the most part..interacting with your community was vital much like your reputation. With FFXIV though? No fucks given. There's nothing that forces me to interact with the community immediately and nothing to make me give a fuck about generic miqote#702 passing me by. PF only content is EXTREMELY shortlived to the point if you do have a good LS/FC/group of friends to spam it through you can exhaust the content and not even touch a PF'd group ever. If you lose that group though..heh, good luck my friend.

Hye now just open up the PF and look at all the great stuff to do:

-FATE parties
    -Crafting advertisements
    -Static recruitment
    -Occasional pony farms
    -Occasional Bismark/Ravana clear party
    -Extremely occasional Ravana farm party that generally times out with 2 DPS and no healers or tanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Hye now just open up the PF and look at all the great stuff to do:

-FATE parties
    -Crafting advertisements
    -Static recruitment
    -Occasional pony farms
    -Occasional Bismark/Ravana clear party
    -Extremely occasional Ravana farm party that generally times out with 2 DPS and no healers or tanks

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If it weren't for that churning mist fate party I would've thought you were on Hyperion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Plenty of FATE parties to help out on your level 60 character, can't see how you have nothing to do.

I quit the morning Alex normal was released. I woke up an hour after the servers were up and people had already beat 1-3. I did the quest to unlock it and logged out.

I had already seen a lot of peoples complaints coming and wasn't personally interested in fighting against a weekly upgrade to beat content, rather than skill or clever use of strategy.

Grats to Yuglbros and all though, it would have been fun but I would have been mad the whole time because we needed 1500 more HP or 5 more weapon damage to win.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

all of you who shunned 1.0 are the cause of this, tanaka never forgets and neither do I

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    all of you who shunned 1.0 are the cause of this, tanaka never forgets and neither do I
    1.X was terrible, the only thing I miss about 1.X...

is the miqo'te butt

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    PF only content is EXTREMELY shortlived to the point if you do have a good LS/FC/group of friends to spam it through you can exhaust the content and not even touch a PF'd group ever.
    IIRC, I never joined a single SCoB PF party and I only joined FCoB PF parties after my static had went on break until HW (after clearing T13).

The only PF parties I've joined since HW's release were for FATEs and hunts.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Weren't people bickering about a lack of shit to do in 1.X also? Post six-month launch clusterfuck. Wtf was there near the end, Skirmishes, Behest, three Primals (three difficulties each also?), and White Raven.

I don't know, I feel ARR could use some busywork like XI/1.0 employed to gain access to stuff to do until the timer runs out as midcore content or some shit. Give you reason to do farm shit while it's not your raid day.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Weren't people bickering about a lack of shit to do in 1.X also? Post six-month launch clusterfuck. Wtf was there near the end, Skirmishes, Behest, three Primals (three difficulties each also?), and White Raven.

I don't know, I feel ARR could use some busywork like XI/1.0 employed to gain access to stuff to do until the timer runs out as midcore content or some shit. Give you reason to do farm shit while it's not your raid day.
    hamlet relics dd/av melded-gear-breaking farming coffers in beastmen strongholds

missions that required people to actually play their jobs

af quests that required people not to suck ass

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post

the only primal w/ 3 difficulties was Ifrit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast