+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Player (NBC)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Player (NBC)

Anyone checked this out? Lots of action. Kind of a copy of that Korean Movie Big Match.

Wesley Snipes yo! and Philip Winchester from Strike Back, he was great in that.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4474310/

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I saw it last week, the gambling lines they gave Snipes are a bit cheesy, but it looks like the show has some potential.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It's one of the shows that has premiered that has met/exceeded my expectations, but I'll watch anything with Wesley anyway. Ratings were nothing to sing about last week, but I could see it performing better with it following Blacklist instead of it being after 2 hours of Heroes.

I am liking this show a lot!

E. Body
    BG Level

So watched this, didn't watch the trailer before. Totally thought it was gonna be Wesley with a gambling addiction or something.

Pretty entertaining so far.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

wow, I like this kind of films.

Man this show made me realize how much I missed snipes being a bad ass. So good.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, it's been canceled. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...at-nbc/480108/
    (An episode cut, esp. this early, is pmuch guaranteed cancellation.)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Unfortunately, it's been canceled. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...at-nbc/480108/
    (An episode cut, esp. this early, is pmuch guaranteed cancellation.)
    I wonder if they are ever going to move away from the archaic Nielsen Ratings system, since it is only a small sample size of 20,000 households that have the Nielsen Boxes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

As outdated as they are, Nielsen are the numbers that networks give to advertisers & advertisers take from networks, so that's where the money is and money is what makes things run.

Cable providers have their own internal metrics, but with how massively pissed consumers are at them, those metrics aren't going to improve, only degrade over time. So a switch/bundle with them is stopgap at best.
    Internet networks (YT, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc.) have an issue similar to MMOs, where accurate and unbiased Nielsen-like data is basically never going to be shared because of business dickery (like how game subscriber/player numbers are never regularly, unambiguously put out there.)