Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

So yeah I been having this discussion on KI

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=102280

and since the discussion there seems to going toward a stalmat, I think maybe it can be continued here.

Old Merits
    BG Level

STFU Muze

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    STFU Muze
    Panty?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I was reading the KI thread, seems pretty through, I don't know if there is anything else to go on about.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    The more 'fair' you get about relic upgrades the less likely it is that anyone gets it done.
    that's all there is to it really. be fair or actually get one. it's up to the LS to choose one of the other.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

meh, i'm kinda against ls's fully upgrading 1 weapon at atime...

keep currency in house to a few ppl seriously upgrading and bam!

how'd u get ur currency muze? i assume u had enough gil to purchase outside of your dynamis shell as well.

edit -

yay for pussies on KI. probalby won't ever see king abj, much less a relic weapon.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd
    meh, i'm kinda against ls's fully upgrading 1 weapon at atime...

keep currency in house to a few ppl seriously upgrading and bam!

how'd u get ur currency muze? i assume u had enough gil to purchase outside of your dynamis shell as well.

edit -

yay for pussies on KI. probalby won't ever see king abj, much less a relic weapon.
    I split sponsor, bazarr, shout, and blackmail the rest.

Was it a discussion about people using bad thread titles? >.>

Seriously though, relics are the epitome of SE design philosophy: many people spend a huge amount of effort for 1 person's benefit. If you're going for fair, keep currency in LS, and allow anyone in the LS to buy it from a pool at the current publicly traded rate (on Garuda that'd be about 50k each), and have the profits evenly distributed to all attending LS members.

If your LS happens to be a fairly tightly nit group of friends, then you don't worry about fair, so much as how you can help friends upgrade as quickly as possible, and not worry about them quitting before finishing and wasting the currency. Some people will end up waiting so that others can finish first. It's up to the LS how many you try to upgrade at once, but people who spend the most effort buying out of LS are probably the most deserving. As for the last issue, my LS requires getting the currency for the Dynamis level upgrade before trading any of it in, and any currency you don't use must be sold back to the LS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by amlaruil
    Seriously though, relics are the epitome of SE design philosophy: many people spend a huge amount of effort for 1 person's benefit. If you're going for fair, keep currency in LS, and allow anyone in the LS to buy it from a pool at the current publicly traded rate (on Garuda that'd be about 50k each), and have the profits evenly distributed to all attending LS members.
    Hmm... There's something wrong with that statement.

Seriously though, relics are the epitome of SE design philosophy: many people spend a huge amount of effort for 1 person's benefit, so that person can quit the game therefore nullifying the time and money spent by that entire linkshell. If you're going for fair, keep currency in LS, and allow anyone in the LS to buy it from a pool at the current publicly traded rate (on Garuda that'd be about 50k each), and have the profits evenly distributed to all attending LS members.
    Now that's more like it.

I smell drama

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus

Seriously though, relics are the epitome of SE design philosophy: many people spend a huge amount of effort for 1 person's benefit, so that person can quit the game therefore nullifying the time and money spent by that entire linkshell. If you're going for fair, keep currency in LS, and allow anyone in the LS to buy it from a pool at the current publicly traded rate (on Garuda that'd be about 50k each), and have the profits evenly distributed to all attending LS members.
    Now that's more like it.
    Yeah if all the dynamis currencies went to someone who upgraded an excalibur just for them to say "It's crap lol" and then play wow, i'd be pissed too.

I whore alllllllllllll the coins in my LS. After being in like 3-4 other dynamis LS's where people are "upgrading" and get it to lvl2 (after you trade in 4x 100) and then quit when they see it's 16x100 for next upgrade, just wasting coins, is pathetic. I've seen it happen over 10 times, and while im running my LS that's not gonna happen. True I might be very nazi about the coins, but im not forcing people to come to dynamis, it's up to them to compensate for the lack of coins, I allow them to lot on 2x AF2s.

I'd rather have 1 person getting level 4 or 5, than 14 people getting lvl2 and quitting, or having 19 people be like "Im upgrading slowly^^" who think they'll upgrade it within a few months, and not realize you cant just get lucky with stage 4 and 5.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I whore alllllllllllll the coins in my LS. After being in like 3-4 other dynamis LS's where people are "upgrading" and get it to lvl2 (after you trade in 4x 100) and then quit when they see it's 16x100 for next upgrade, just wasting coins, is pathetic. I've seen it happen over 10 times, and while im running my LS that's not gonna happen. True I might be very nazi about the coins, but im not forcing people to come to dynamis, it's up to them
    lol I'm the same way in my LS dynamis, personally I'm not upgrading anything and if the currency goes anywhere I want it to go to someone that is actually *working* on this stuff. If you get to around the 3200/6400 point then you can start to be taken seriously.

I get the feeling people are ignoring my second paragraph. Don't let anyone upgrade at all until they have the attestation and enough currency to get to the Dynamis WS stage (when the weapon starts to become useful). If they decide not to upgrade at some point, they sell all their coins back to the LS.

Of course, deciding the relic weapon's useless and quitting without giving your character to someone in the LS is pretty lame too.

New Merits
    BG Level

Now that's more like it.
    Yeah if all the dynamis currencies went to someone who upgraded an excalibur just for them to say "It's crap lol" and then play wow, i'd be pissed too.

I whore alllllllllllll the coins in my LS. After being in like 3-4 other dynamis LS's where people are "upgrading" and get it to lvl2 (after you trade in 4x 100) and then quit when they see it's 16x100 for next upgrade, just wasting coins, is pathetic. I've seen it happen over 10 times, and while im running my LS that's not gonna happen. True I might be very nazi about the coins, but im not forcing people to come to dynamis, it's up to them to compensate for the lack of coins, I allow them to lot on 2x AF2s.

I'd rather have 1 person getting level 4 or 5, than 14 people getting lvl2 and quitting, or having 19 people be like "Im upgrading slowly^^" who think they'll upgrade it within a few months, and not realize you cant just get lucky with stage 4 and 5.
    Wafki we need server migrate, i'll come to your LS subbing my gimped lv19 blm sub

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Muze

Now that's more like it.

Wafki we need server migrate, i'll come to your LS subbing my gimped lv19 blm sub
    Or, start levelling bard, and when I open Manaburn on the new server we'll have a special spot just for you.

New Merits
    BG Level

Now that's more like it.

Or, start levelling bard, and when I open Manaburn on the new server we'll have a special spot just for you.
    How about I sub rdm and give out Dia?

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

*snip*
    How about I sub rdm and give out Dia?
    Fear Muze.. The Spharai Wielding BRD

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I whore alllllllllllll the coins in my LS. After being in like 3-4 other dynamis LS's where people are "upgrading" and get it to lvl2 (after you trade in 4x 100) and then quit when they see it's 16x100 for next upgrade, just wasting coins, is pathetic. I've seen it happen over 10 times, and while im running my LS that's not gonna happen. True I might be very nazi about the coins, but im not forcing people to come to dynamis, it's up to them
    lol I'm the same way in my LS dynamis, personally I'm not upgrading anything and if the currency goes anywhere I want it to go to someone that is actually *working* on this stuff. If you get to around the 3200/6400 point then you can start to be taken seriously.
    Well not exactly. I believe Wafik actually keeps all of the currency for himself if I'm correct. It doesnt go to his LS, or to someone upgrading beside himself. Correct me if Im wrong though.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wafik just got Stage 3 on his Dagger <_< If that answers the question

Old Merits
    BG Level

Generally I think that first of all, fee lotting coins for people that *want* to upgrade is quite frankly retarded. Even if your bringing back 20 coins a dynamis it will take you several years to get to any viable stage where it useful.

If someone in the ls is willing to give up on lots for other items and is spending a good deal of their own money (or all of it) on a relic upgrade, then an ls should support him/her via sponsored runs or similar.

However, if you want a relic and don't want to give up anything, just claim that your horn is good for everyone :/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast