Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

so what are the stats and skills of the new jobs?

for those (lucky sobs) who have the expansion and have unlocked the jobs already, what are the base stats and skills of the jobs?

BLU have any other magic skills beside Blue Magic? What else can they use besides swords? how much MP/HP do they have?

COR+PUP have any magic skills? what are primary stats?

etc.

Cor has no MP at all.

The rolls are ok, but kinda hard to notice a difference other then the Corsair's Roll (Xp bonus)

Still not sure what is the lucky number on each roll either. Only 11 but having a good time leveling it up.

look in the dataminers thread. I think i saw there lucky and unlucky numbers for each one in there

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Re: so what are the stats and skills of the new jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by neighbortaru
    for those (lucky sobs) who have the expansion and have unlocked the jobs already, what are the base stats and skills of the jobs?

BLU have any other magic skills beside Blue Magic? What else can they use besides swords? how much MP/HP do they have?

COR+PUP have any magic skills? what are primary stats?

etc.
    BLU so far has a decent MP pool to work with. 31 MP starting /rdm sub, 32 /whm. Sword skill wise, word was they had A- skill... I can check the current caps tonight after I get off work to confirm that. As for stats, I think (least so far), BLU is fairly well rounded across the board.

Subjob wise, probabbly /whm for the initial soloing. From there, I see a potential for a lot of subjobs. Really will depend on what sort of builds your looking for... I can see them, with the correct abilities being a very viable (and survivable) tank.

Now if only I can get some spells.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

god, meleeing mages...it's like the NA launch all over again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Are there any low level Hexaguns? Kinda don't want to level Corsair without one if they exist <.<

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

*Supposedly*, you can obtain a lvl 1 hexagun during the process of unlocking the job quest. ;o

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    *Supposedly*, you can obtain a lvl 1 hexagun during the process of unlocking the job quest. ;o
    the job quest gives you the Corsair Die.

there's no COR equippable gun on Somepage till Lv 15

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zhila Zelena
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tape
    Still not sure what is the lucky number on each roll either. Only 11 but having a good time leveling it up.
    COR "Roll" Effects

Fighter's Roll
    Improves "Double Attack" rate for party members within area of effect.
    Lucky Number: 5. Unlucky Number: 9.

Monk's Roll
    Enhances "Subtle Blow" effect for party members within area of effect.
    Lucky Number: 3. Unlucky Number: 7.

Healer's Roll
    Increases the amount of MP recovered while healing for party members within area of effect.

Wizard's Roll
    Enhances magic attack for party members within area of effect.

Warlock's Roll
    Enhances magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.
    Lucky Number: 4. Unlucky Number: 8.

Rogue's Roll
    Improves critical hit rate for party members within area of effect.

Gallant's Roll
    Grants a damage reflection effect to party members within area of effect.

Chaos Roll
    Enhances attacks for party members within area of effect.

Beast Roll
    Enhances pet attacks for party members within area of effect.

Choral Roll
    Decreases spell interruption rate for party members within area of effect.
    Lucky Number: 2. Unlucky Number: 6.

Hunter's Roll
    Enhances accuracy and ranged accuracy for party members within area of effect.

Samurai Roll
    Enhances "Store TP" effect for party members within area of effect.

Ninja Roll
    Enhances evasion for party members within area of effect.

Drachen Roll
    Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy for party members within area of effect.

Evoker's Roll
    Gradually restores MP for party members within area of effect.

Magus's Roll
    Enhances magic defense for party members within area of effect.

Corsair's Roll
    Increases the amount of experience points earned by party members within area of effect.

Puppet Roll
    Enhances pet accuracy for party members within area of effect.

BTW, how much of an EXP bonus are you seeing with Corsair's Roll?

It is difficult to obtain any blue magic for the first several levels of blue mage. Everything simply dies before they could do anything you could learn.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The Automaton itself seems to have skills.

I tried it just once, did Deploy on a mob and saw : Comedie's automaton magic skill rises 0.3 points.

Didn't find the skill anywhere in the menus after that... :/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

On a roll of 10 as COR5, I was seeing a 20% gain in base XP, or possibly a 13% gain in overall xp, depending on how it's calculated.

Killed a bunch a of mobs that would give 20xp, while ring was in effect, giving me 30xp. With the roll of 10 on, I got 34 xp, meaning I either got (20 x 1.5) + (20 x .2) = 34 or
    (20 x 1.13 x 1.5) = 34. I was going to see if the roll affected magnitude of experience bonus or duration of bonus given, but I passed out at the keyboard 2-3 minutes later.

Also, COR's 2hr seems like it could be an issue if CORs start showing up in Dynamis. On my random last night, I got what I believe to be a full party Revitalize (All moves except this 2hr recharged) and full party TP fill to 300. This, in the hands of certain mobs, could be... well... very, very bad news if handled improperly.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

lol or a heck of alot of fun :D

nice info about the automaton having it's own skills. how are the stats of the PUP like? geared for DD, backline?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Without XP Ring....

Roll of 11 was giving 24% (oddly...I got 124 for unchained EM with an 11 on)

Roll of 10 and 5 (5 being lucky) was around 20%, actually a little less.

Numbers from 1-8 (excluding 5) ranged from 5% upto 16% ish.

Roll of 9 (unlucky) seemed to do nothing, maybe a 2% loss of xp. Hardly noticable.

Busting was like a 7% loss I think. (I only busted once, killed 1 bee, then was raped by a Goblin Digger and HP'd)

I play on PS2, so I had to do the math in my head. I know the 11 is definately 24%, and 10 and 5 are close to 20%. My numbers might be off on the others...but not by too much. Regardless...COR lvl's fast in these early levels because of this. You can milk 15% avg xp out of a mob, meaning you can fly through EP-DC very fast for good xp. Adding XP rings makes it even more insane. Because of this, I am going to solo to 15, at which point I can use a gun.

The buff stays on for a long time, and cannot be clicked off. Busting sucks, and I think this is a balancer since you cannnot cancel. You can keep rolling until you bust or stop and Double Up is no loner an option.

DEX and AGI seem to be our highest base stats. STR and VIT just slightly behind, with the mage stats brining up the rear. This leads me to beleive COR was meant to fight some, but only time and the player base will decide. Also, we seem to have no A rated weapon, including gun. Sword, Dagger, and Gun are all equal at early levels, and could be C to B, wont know until lvl 51 when the formula shifts again. We definately have melee-ish stats, very RNG-esque, with possibly more STR, and less AGI. I would be very shocked if mage stats (INT, MND, CHR) plays a role in our ability, considering they are low to begin with. BST has melee stats...but CHR is jacked up due to their ability to charm. Not so with COR. MND, INT, and CHR are the lowbies. Being Hume and average, it makes it easy to notice what stat is high, and what is not.

Being that we are Pirates....our Best Skill, and possibly only A skill (B+ at the lowest) is Parrying. Yes, thats right, everyone's favorite skill to skill up is the COR specialty. Being that it has lvl'd from other jobs...having capped Parry for an A skill when soloing low levels is nice. COR parries alot....and it is very noticeable.

If you wanna DD with gun, I suggest you lvl RNG to 15 using x-bow, or your MArksmanship will be severly gimped. Obviously, it is unknown if Marksmanship playes a factor in the accuracy of Quick Draw. It uses a bullet, so one can assume that accuracy rules apply. Hence, if your bullet misses, no debuff.

MY OVERALL IMPRESSION OF COR:

Basically, COR is another type of BRD. It has some common buffs (Acc Up, Attack Up, AoE Refresh, etc), some unique buffs (Double Attack Up, XP Up, Magic Attack Up), and it lacks some BRD abilities (mostly the debuffs). The major downfall of COR is the lack of a Dispel type move. Both RDM and BRD have it, but COR does not. If you are fighting something that requires it, COR will not suffice, unless you have a BRD or RDM with you. Having said that, I think the combo of COR and BRD could be deadly. Seeing as you can have songs and dice on you....one could have attack, accuracy, double attack and XP bonus at the same time....sick.

We may be able to add some DMG to a party where a BRD could not, but this all depends on our gun. More to the point...can we use Ranged Weapon Skill. The video showed the COR using Slug Shot...but no indication if he was subbing RNG. Once someone can equip a gun...then we will know, which I am sure will be in a few days. If so, then a COR could pop bullets into the mob during down time. Later on...an extra Slug Shot couldn't hurt when taking down the mob. If its COR/RNG only...I fear COR will be nothing more than a back-liner.

If Quick Shot actually works, this could be very helpful end-game. The description says it my enhance a debuff of the element of the shot on the mob. Example: Elegy. This is earth based, so if a COR lands Earth Shot when Elegy is on...it could enhance Elegy. What does this mean? Who knows? Maybe it just increases the duration...not too bad. Maybe it enhances it...making the mob even slower. This would be sex. Maybe Ice Shot will make paralyze from RDM proc more often. Again...sex. I am leaning to duration, because thats the way SE is....but I am hoping for enhancing. If the latter, a COR could really aid in HNM battles, by making RDM and BRD debuffs even better than before.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I heard PUP has a C rating in hand to hand? (not confirmed)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Cleveland, which sub you using in the early lvls? /thf /rng /whm?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I am using WAR...and here is why:

WHM at these early levels is crap with a job with no inherant MP or magic skills. I tried WHM, and I had enough MP for 1 cure until lvl 7, then 2 at lvl 8. Heals for 10 HP each. 20 HP might be able to milk 1 more mob before you rest, but at the lack of dmg from your sword. I could eat a pie for MP, but I would be giving up alot of dmg I get from meat for the sake of curing myself with crappy cure 1. This is my opinion anyway. Many people love /WHM for the early solo lvls....I thinks its crap.

RNG is out until at least 15. No gun...no need.

THF is a choice, but I am not sure what I would gain from it early on. SA is 15, and so is TH. Steal...maybe, but not really beneficial.

WAR adds more STR and Attack....and since you are basically hitting things with a sword mindlessly, this is my choice. MNK would also be good I presume. Fast Blade as COR/WAR does respectable DMG at this lvl to EM mobs...especially goblins.

No sj really helps until 10 at least. It's just a choice of stats. Go with whatever gives you best str+dex.

I'll be levelling cor on Saturday I think.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For those early levels I'd suggest BRD, WHM (for BLU), or WAR subs. BRD for paeon, WHM for DUH, WAR just for stats. Possibly BLM sub, since you can land the nukes that early. The MOST important thing are regen drinks and good food. Cooks can make a killing off pear au lait right now.

Drk sub has the same stats as war sub to 10, as well. And you get spells zomg!
    At 10 I'd start subbing mnk for the occasional counterattack.