Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 649 FirstFirst ... 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No Idea I've seen dozens of explanations of evasion skill vs evasoin vs agi all of them saying something different

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    This. Got the limules to check right on the border of low and neutral evasion within 1 accuracy, put the effect on them, molting burst, /checked and I was neutral, put on accuracy until it was low again. Evened out at 30 ACC. I did the same thing for the DEF and ATK down effects.

Okay so, done with the physicals that I care about testing.

Currently looks like:

Quadrastrike - 25% STR, 1.25 fTP
    Amorphic Spikes - 20% DEX/INT, 1.0 fTP (possible attack boost)
    Barbed Crescent - 50% DEX, 2.0 fTP (possible attack boost)
    Bloodrake - 30% STR, 1.1875 fTP (possible attack boost)

Numbers aren't exact, only reasonably close estimates based on the data I have. Will do more when the spells are in their final forms.
    A quick check on amorphic attack bonus would be to put it up against disseverment on higher level mobs. If the damage on amorphic is higher then it definately has an attack bonus, since its mods and ftp are worse.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Yeah, I know what you're referring; that's hot. Hopefully, they both land on worthy NMs for some amazing tank situations.
    While testing out damage, I've had the acc bonus land on Hahava and Kaggen. Haven't tried on anything else yet, and not like the -ACC is much use on those, but if it lands there I doubt it resists in many places.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VZX01 View Post
    I thought that's not how you calculate evasion total ?
    Evasion skill contributes virtually zero to your total evasion; Unless there's a better explanation to evasion skill since this testing were conducted.
    The link from this page abuses Abyssea to test the question and come up with an answer.

tl;dr, 1 evasion skill = .9 evasion (at least over 255 skill).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by doctorugh View Post
    A quick check on amorphic attack bonus would be to put it up against disseverment on higher level mobs. If the damage on amorphic is higher then it definately has an attack bonus, since its mods and ftp are worse.
    From what Prothescar has written they have the same ftp and same amount of mods (though int instead of dex would mean less dmg most likely) I could be wrong but I believe he wrote possible dmg boost on those because they all say att varies with tp

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Disseverment has .25 more fTP than Amorphic, but still the damage would be very similar. Testing for an attack boost would need to be in a more controlled environment than I'm willing to simulate at present.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bleh wish blu spells on BG wiki would all actually have the info like skillchain elements ftp/stat mods on them. Makes finding info hard sometimes. And yeah totally understandable given all blu spells came with the note they are subject to change lol

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well if you assume -acc is equivalent to +eva nin still wins if /thf or /dnc. And thf still wins with no buffs/debuffs lol. At least with lvl 95 caps. dnc and pup are pretty high up there but without debuffs/buffs wont be as good. Can you force your auto to blind a mob?

nin- 389 skill + 22 evasion bonus + 30 from Kurayami: Ni = 441 (no clue on how much yonin gives so didn't bother but it does help)
    blu- 340 skill +10 evasion bonus (has there been testing to determine if it's as strong as normal since we keep finding blu traits are actually weaker?) + 30 from cresent +60 from drape = 440
    thf - 396 skill +60 evasion bonus = 456.

Evasion doesn't calculate that way.

According to wiki: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate

Hit Rate = 75% + (Accuracy - Evasion)*0.5% + (Attacker's Level - Defender's Level)*2%

Assuming this formula works on both sides, not just hit-rate of player character.

Also if the info on BG-wiki is correct, evasion skill contribute less than evasion bonus itself. BLU can also gain additional evasion bonus by subbing DNC.

Yonin gives additional 30 evasion when it's used, then decrease after certain time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

He's showing the evasion people would have, not calculating their hit rates (which require an attacker).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bleh wish blu spells on BG wiki would all actually have the info like skillchain elements ftp/stat mods on them. Makes finding info hard sometimes. And yeah totally understandable given all blu spells came with the note they are subject to change lol
    We need more people to help. I try to keep up, but there is just too much to do and I don't understand the mechanics of BLU very well. (Once more, on the off chance that I do get the chance to use Atum's BLU, it is mostly point and mob and fire off heavy spells until dead.)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The link from this page abuses Abyssea to test the question and come up with an answer.

tl;dr, 1 evasion skill = .9 evasion (at least over 255 skill).
    Interesting... I wonder what causes the discrepancy of the result between the 2 tests.

Then... recalculating dasva's point again:
    nin- 389 skill + 22 evasion bonus + 30 from Kurayami: Ni = 441 (no clue on how much yonin gives so didn't bother but it does help)
    389 skills = 370 eva
    370+22+30 = 422

blu- 340 skill +10 evasion bonus (has there been testing to determine if it's as strong as normal since we keep finding blu traits are actually weaker?) + 30 from cresent +60 from drape = 440
    340 skills = 326 eva
    326+10+30+60 = 426

thf - 396 skill +60 evasion bonus = 456.
    396 skills = 376 eva
    376+60 = 436

We're actually very close at the top.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's yonins minimum amount though or at least lowest it will go if you keep refreshing it? Also yes blu could /dnc. But then that would allow a whole bunch of hits to get thru from no utsesmi.

Also I seem to remember some crazy dnc that made a macc set to land kurayami... so who knows maybe other jobs can too

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If there's a build where a DNC can effectively land kurayami ni, then I don't see why BLU can't make a better one. We have better options for our macc gear.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh no I didn't mean blu. Mostly meant thf or something. Blu has little need to land kurayami when it already has a more potent blind lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, I'll revise my statement. We're in the top three. Better? @@

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's yonins minimum amount though or at least lowest it will go if you keep refreshing it? Also yes blu could /dnc. But then that would allow a whole bunch of hits to get thru from no utsesmi.
    +30, decays to around +10.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

what is warm ups eva boost

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

+10 for 3 minutes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really a shame Feather Barrier has such a rediculously short duration. It's always been pretty useful when up

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Palides View Post
    +30, decays to around +10.

From what I've heard is +5 minimum, I can't find any info on wiki or BG-wiki about it though.