Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 557 of 649 FirstFirst ... 507 547 555 556 557 558 559 567 607 ... LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One more quickie: what are your favorite atmacite choices? I'm not using enough hard hitting magic to justify destruction. Should I use skyblaze for CDC?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

10 dex for cdc doesn't even come close to what something like regain or save tp will do for you

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Save TP nerf is coming soon though, so it's time to consider the alternatives.

Looking at them, Valiant, Deluges, and Latitude look to be decent.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably go with the TP Bonus one. That plus TP Bonus Moonshade should net you a total of +75% TP which is probably a substantial crit boost.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Deluges and Latitude are the only two that I would consider.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Is white wind affected by "Increases breath damage" gear? Basically I'm looking at a Glassblower's Belt (hp +30, increases breath damage) vs. an HP+ belt and Jurfu Cloak vs. AF2+2 + some other body w/ HP on it.

Edit: Doing some poking around, apparently the sources I had that said was a Breath spell have been removed, so I'm guessing if it's just magical, HP+ everywhere I can't get cure potency?

Also, and this is more of a general discussion point, but how do you guys use Efflux outside of Abyssea?

In Abyssea, I tend to use it w/ Quadrastrike b/c of the huge numbers from crits, but outside I find Quadrastrike mp-inefficient, and tend to replace it in my set with other spells (normally Benthic for group or easier stuff, Disseverment for big stuff that won't be slept), but they don't tend to get as much of a boost from Efflux.

Thanks!

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It doesn't technically count as a breath, so no. Cure potency and HP only. I use Efflux to extend the duration of spells like Bilgestorm without wasting my actual TP most of the time, otherwise I throw it behind a spell that gets a benefit from the TP on top of the D bonus.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey, had a friend tell me Bilgestorm has the Light WS properties and Bloodrake has darkness too (like relic/empyrean WSs). Tourbillion has the Light SC effect that I've seen myself. The BG wiki only says bloodrake has distortion, but my friend said with 100% certainty, that he used azure lore, did resquiescat > quad. continuum > darkness > bloodrake > second darkness. Thought I'd put that out there if it hasn't been mentioned before.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You're right. Someone posted that a few pages back (Though the Light SC information you provided is new I think?) but BG wiki hasn't been updated to reflect that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah it was all there. All the unbridled physical have lvl 3. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/376...ndings/page512

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah, so bilgestorm is darkness/gravitation, not light, ah okay. I'll go edit this stuff in lol that's what happens when a thread grows to 550+ pages, information gets lost.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I'm looking for good BLU spell list setup at 99 for general use, will usually be with another DD, a BRD and WHM. I looked at lists for DW3 and Triple Attack and realize a lot of spells to get those bonuses aren't too useful alone and are just there for getting those traits. I'm curious what would be set if I subbed WAR and still wanted DW3, and good spell setup otherwise if I'm /DNC or /NIN (situationally). Thanks. Also what is the Triple Attack %?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To append that post, it also depends on whether you have an Almace or not.

Quad. Continuum
    Delta Thrust
    Barbed Crescent
    Animating Wail
    Mortal Ray*
    Blazing Bound*
    Sudden Lunge
    Fantod
    Acrid Stream
    Demoralizing Roar
    Empty Thrash
    Heavy Strike

For /WAR in VW. Rest of the slots for procs. The * indicate optional spells, if you feel losing a tier of dual wield is worth 2 or 3 extra proc spells then by all means.

Blue Mage's Triple Attack is 5%.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Yes, I have an Almace and I don't currently do VW.

If I was becoming unlazy and not just using my WS set to do my spells in, are the spell mods > all?

If STR + DEX/MND/AGI/INT etc are mods, is STR the best to buff; is there a bonus to using more STR for a spell similar to fSTR?

Is there any point in using STR if it isn't a mod?

At what point is using another piece of gear over Magus Jubbah +1 best? What about AF3 legs?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Use the body+1 and AF3 legs. The benefit of STR is the same as that of a WS: fSTR, Possible WSC%, and BLU ATT (Which is difficult to accumulate for BLU spells). The WSC% becomes more significant when using Chain Affinity due to doubled multipliers. Without Chain Affinity, the investment boils down to 25% STR (With a cap based on base damage) versus FLOOR(0.85*(FLOOR(WSC%*STAT))). Which one prevails will depend on how high that WSC% is and how close you come to reaching the fSTR cap. You also gain BLU ATT with STR though, so any "close" cases tend to favor STR.

Aight. Also your spellcast is extremely complex so I have to make my own now, lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Looking at your spell list you provided, why is Winds of Promy there instead of Plasma Charge, wouldn't 3str 3dex be better plus the fact I have an Almace? And with an Almace, which DD spell in the /nin list is used w/o CA and efflux besides Heavy Strike and Delta Thrust, and which is best to use now with CA/Efflux? Thanks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Depends on whether or not Winds of Promyvion is pertinent. AoE Erase is handy to have.