BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 637 of 649 FirstFirst ... 587 627 635 636 637 638 639 647 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'd like to see them boost all the spells that are grossly inefficient, particularly the ones that are somewhat contemporary.
    they said they wont touch old spells but rather implement new ones.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    They already went back on this and update older spells durations.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    Which is why I said contemporary, as in ones that came out as recently as last Tuesday. I don't expect them to tweak even the Abyssea era ones, much less the 75 era ones- although frankly there aren't really any good reasons why they shouldn't.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Interesting to see which spells unlock through job points in the near future. I'm hoping for the following:

Refresh III(whm and sch get regen iv/v, why cant rdm get refresh iii?)
    Jubaku ni
    Might(attack/acc boost for RUN)
    Faith(magic evasion boost for WHM)
    Tier vi nukes for BLM
    Banish iv
    Poison iii
    Stun ii for drk
    Adoloquiem II
    Reflect(in the dats)
    Wall (also in the dats)

As for JA's
    War-A ja for WAR that makes next attack or ws deal non elemental damage like formless/requiescat

Drk- ja that takes 25% of your hp off instantly, doubles it, and adds it on to your next hit or ws

Drg- a jump that reduces your wyvern's hp to 1 but deals critical damage and grants quadruple tp return

Sam- a ja that forces zanshin to proc on your next miss(forcing a DA if hasso is up)

Thf- stance that increases attack gradually when attack from behind like impetus, does not reset when attack is delivered from anywhere but front but wont increase unless rear hits are landed

Rdm- allows certain enhancing spells to become aoe(works on everything accession works on plus gains/temper/refresh ii/enspell 2's, basically everything except hastes/flurries, to be fair to smn.

Blm- your next nuke deals increased damage and accuracy but mp cost is increased

Brd- next single target song becomes aoe,opposite of pianissimo i.e threnody/elegy/finale/nocturne become aoe'd

Pld- stance that when activated records total blocked damage over the course of 30 seconds then when used again delivers 100% of it all back to the target as a hate tool.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And a pony.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you are haveing too high hopes ophannus, the only thing reasonable I can see happen is Banish IV, because lulz banish nukeing ¬.¬

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

why is that even in the blu thread

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    why is that even in the blu thread
    I especially like the fact that none of the "buffs" mentioned involves BLU. =D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wonder if they'll give us spells through job points or just JA. A "lancet" spell would be cool. Drains some hp/mp/tp and a chance to learn blu spell from the target, though the chance would be lower than just killing the mob. Would give an extra opportunity to learn spells, could be an unbridled spell too. Cant imagine they'd give us any mob spells from job points but maybe unique spells like that would be kind of cool.

A ja through JP that maximizes physical and magical accuracy for the next spell would be fantastic. Would maximize the accuracy of physical spells landing and secondary effects landing, 10min recast. Kind of like a mix between ES and Sneak Attack(but without the crit). Could use it to assure tourbillion's def down lands, or makes sure all hits on sinker drill land, or that sudden lunge hits and stuns for full duration, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shit you'd need something more powerful than ES +SA to make tourbillion land... you'd need that and like stymie. Kinda funny that would actually be a good spell for stymie much better than ay rdm spell but blu onry

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Well is it that Tourbillion's macc is low, or is that Tourbillion has a fixed rate of landing def down, like 5% regardless of m.acc? If it's the former then the JA would help, but if it's a fixed rate of landing then it wouldnt matter i guess. Supposedly has a low rate even on low level mobs so i think its a fixed chance.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's unknown and probably untestable with certainty. But if it is macc it's so low that ES doesn't help because that's been tried. And while ES hasn't been defined it's know to be huge enough to let you land things naked that are hard in full ilvl sets. So we are talking several hundred macc penalty at a minimum if that is the case

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

already tested years ago. lands perfectly fine on things lv 55 and below (at time of testing), anything higher resists start happening. so it isn't a capped land rate, it's an macc penalty or broken macc mechanic. my theory has always been that it only uses ACC from INT/MND/whatever its macc dSTAT is and ignores skill.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven't been up to date on BLU lately. And there have been a lot of changes. I wonder if someone able to answer some of these questions. Thank you so much in advance! /bow

1) +Magic Damage
    Does this affect physical blue magic damage? And if it does, how so? Say it is a 3 hit attack, does it mean it applies 3 times? And is it only +magic damage on the main hand weapon counts, while +magic damage on all other pieces of gear does not count?

2) physical attack
    I remember physical blue magic now uses both physical acc and physical attack for calculation. So does blue magic skill still affects physical attack in anyway (beside the base damage, and the additional effect)? With this formula, is it better to stack attack or better to stack blue magic skill for physical spells? (assuming acc is capped)

Thank you!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1) No it only effects magical dmg

2) Yes not sure though I think someone put a full blue physical spell attack equation in here you can look for if you use the search function

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thank you so much!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys

I've been searching for advice on how best to gear myself for casting physical blue spells. Essentially I don't cast physical blue spells unless I am multistep SCing, however, I thought it was time I geared myself correctly for those occasions.

I have seen posts about stacking STR and swapping in secondary stats but I haven't seen any specific sets for particular spells.

I've just been taking a look at Proth's Physical Spell Attack Equation and notice that it only mentions STR as a mod (or does it? I'm starting to think I have misunderstood it).

For spells like Sinker Drill where I think I saw a post stating it was a 100% DEX mod, would it be better to stack DEX in this instance? Or is it better to stack STR everywhere, then look at gear that has both STR & DEX and use those instead? Obviously a lot of gear as both STR & DEX, so I guess for those pieces, do I go for the ones that favour higher STR or higher DEX?

Apologies if this has been answered before, I have searched and more than likely I have misunderstood and confused myself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

@Jaegar

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30...-to-blue-mage/

Pretty much every job has a thread like this at ffxiah forums. most kept updated as well as more gear is released.

Edit: Im by far no math genius but i think str is in the formula as it relates directly to attack and its an "attack" formula.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thanks Trumpy - Though I should add I have been using that guide as the Blu Bible for over a year.

I have searched within that thread but I haven't been able to find what I am looking for. Plenty of posts about Sinker Drill for example and I remember some talk about how what to do about physical damage. However, from what I understood it was "Stack STR unless the secondary mod is 50% or more" but then I didn't see much detail after that.

Obviously Dex is going to help Sinker Drill, however, I'm still confused as to what I should concentrate on over the other. For example...

Lets say there's a ring with Dex+10 & Str+5 and a Ring that has Str+10 & Dex+5... you can only wear one of them... which one to use?

Bad example I know - I've just used it as an example to help illustrate my question... if there was any confusion in the first place.

I'm going to do my own tests soon anyway, but if anyone has an answer, that would be awesome