BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 638 of 649 FirstFirst ... 588 628 636 637 638 639 640 648 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Pretty much every job has a thread like this at ffxiah forums. most kept updated as well as more gear is released.
    Most have plenty of wrong/outdated gear sets. They really aren't very helpful.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The ones i have checked were updated at least up to november or so updates. again most doesnt mean all. Being this is the blu thread and i was pointing mainly to the blu ah forums one that is kept pretty much up to date, its a moot point.

@Jaegar but i wasnt talking bout reading thru the thread really. i mean sure you can find info on that kinda stuff but i was generally pointing to the equip sets devised by the authors. In general most all ilvl (at least stuff at the same ilvl) stuff has the same junk stats like str dex, so other than the few here or there that have attributes that stand out I think the basic sets prothescar gives will work for ya. At least its a start. He gives a physical blu spell set. if its a dex spell switch in some dex rings, ect...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    @Jaegar but i wasnt talking bout reading thru the thread really. i mean sure you can find info on that kinda stuff but i was generally pointing to the equip sets devised by the authors. In general most all ilvl (at least stuff at the same ilvl) stuff has the same junk stats like str dex, so other than the few here or there that have attributes that stand out I think the basic sets prothescar gives will work for ya. At least its a start. He gives a physical blu spell set. if its a dex spell switch in some dex rings, ect...
    Great stuff, thanks Trumpy. I've been working on that specific gear set from Proth already so I'll continue with that and have a play with some dex rings / other accessories like you suggest.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

100%DEX means every point of DEX is worth .85 base damage. For STR, you get 1 point of attack for every 2 STR in addition to some base damage via fSTR, unless fSTR is capped. DEX will be worth considerably more base damage, and the value of attack from STR has been devalued greatly due to attack changes for physical blue magic, so treat STR for Sinker Drill as a bonus rather than the primary stat to aim for. This is even more important to note with Chain Affinity up (which, for all intents and purposes, should be up nearly every time you're casting Sinker Drill anyway unless you're using Azure Lore) since WSC is doubled, meaning you get 1.7 base damage per point of DEX.

Skill isn't terribly valuable anymore either by itself as most spells worth casting have lofty WSC bonuses in addition to the attack from skill being less valuable than ever before; additionally, some pieces that have attack or accuracy on them may be more valuable simply based on those stats (while not sacrificing DEX or STR due to ilvl spread). Mavi tayt +2 are still excellent when you're using Efflux, and Assimilator's Jubbah should still be best if you don't need the accuracy from Luhlaza and don't have many Enchainment merits/aren't casting with CA. Skill head/ammo/whatever else are all obsolete for the most part.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Has anyone tested the caps for MAB, magic burst bonus, skillchain bonus, or MDB traits? I've been updating the blu job traits section on the wiki since it's way out of date. I can check MAB later when I have time but the others seem annoying to test.

Resist traits, killer traits, counter, and conserve mp I assume no one is ever going to test.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Are the burst affinity pants/legs worth it, or better off using hagondes pants/umbani boots.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Umbani boots are always worth using on blu.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

BLU can't use Umbani boots, last I saw it was worth it to use the pants/feet for Burst Affinity.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey guys messing around with my gear sets got a question, how much DW needed for tp sets for haste2 and haste2 + Marchs, bis slot please, assume all gear, got fast cast ring from soa mission so no DW ring, can post sets or just numbers fine also, sets easier Ofc lol, thx

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Yamoman View Post
    Hey guys messing around with my gear sets got a question, how much DW needed for tp sets for haste2 and haste2 + Marchs, bis slot please, assume all gear, got fast cast ring from soa mission so no DW ring, can post sets or just numbers fine also, sets easier Ofc lol, thx
    Instead of giving you the fish, I'll teach you how to fish.

The attack delay formula is as follows:

(1-DW%)*(1024-MagicHaste-GearHaste-JAHaste)/1024=FinalDelay

Magic Haste caps at 448. Gear Haste caps at 256. JA Haste caps at 256.

For BLU, Erratic Flutter (aka Haste II) gives 307 Magic Haste. You should have capped Gear Haste. BLU natively has no access to JA haste, except Haste Samba when /DNC, which is about ~50.

Plugging in the number, you get the formula:

(1-DW%)*(1024-307-256)/1024=FinalDelay. Final Delay caps at 20%, so put in 0.2 in its place, plug in the formula at wolframalpha.com like following:

(1-x)*(1024-307-256)/1024=0.2

It will solve for x for you automatically... and you get... find out yourself =P

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    100%DEX means every point of DEX is worth .85 base damage. Skill isn't terribly valuable anymore either by itself... ...Skill head/ammo/whatever else are all obsolete for the most part.
    Can we tell already if this will still be the case after Feb -- with todays (yesterdays) job adjustments announcement? ...or is it still wait-and-see?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sinker drill doesn't have any additional effects so not sure what you are asking

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Blue Mage

The accuracy of the additional effect of blue magic spells will now vary based on blue magic skill.
    Skill isn't terribly valuable anymore either by itself... ...Skill head/ammo/whatever else are all obsolete for the most part.
    Pretty sure he's talkin bout this part, and not about sinker drill specifically. Although I dont really know how we would know anything until the update obviously. Naturally Skill would do something if they say it will though, To what degree, we will have to see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh well if you mean certain spells with certain additional effects that you really want to land and don't care about dmg ie troubillion then maybe... but most things that use macc use some kind of dstat factor (though we wont know what they are or if it's true of them so hard to say) and then there is just putting in macc so I'd say doubtful...

But let's look at individual pieces/slots.

Ammo= talthum 5 skill. Aureole would still be higher but you might not want to switch to throwing so might be worth it assuming you are capping regular acc easily but remember you have to land the dmg first then it decides about macc

head = Luh. Keffiyeh +1- 13 skill and a bunch of random stats but no acc or macc so Assim. Keffiyeh +1 has 18 macc so it probably better or hagondes with macc augments

neck = Mavi Scarf- Only 4 skill so any number of macc pieces should win. Voltsurge Torque has acc too

body = Assim. Jubbah +1- 20 skill and lots of ilvl stats. Probably will actually be the best outside of macc hagondes

hands = Khepri wristbands- not ilvl but does have 8 skill and 6 macc.... but unagumented hagondes have 20 macc already so nope

fingers - Renaye Ring 10 skill is probably tied for best if you got it... but it's tied with the 10 macc on the better Weather. Ring. Antica Ring not even close to any macc option

legs - Hidalgo Slops +1- 10 skill or 15 on af3+2 if base stats don't matter. But Mes'yohi Slacks have 20 macc and then again there is always augmenting skirmish. Also Luhlaza Shalwar +1 has 13 macc and 13 acc with tons of ilvl stats so should be better of the easy to do

feet- Luhlaza Charuqs +1. 8 skill and ilvl stats. But Shned. Boots +1 has 17 macc....

So in conclusion on spells that you are really going for the additional effect most choices of skill aren't the best outside of ammo though reforged body is close enough and even then it kind of depends on how good your acc is while in a macc set. And for most spells nothing changes really

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The issue with the following blue magic spells wherein the accuracy of their additional effects was incorrect.
    Wild Oats / Sandspin / Hecatomb Wave / Maelstrom / Barbed Crescent / Tourbillion

m.acc for Tourbillion has been increased from 1 to 2.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

33% defense down is gonna so good....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They also upped the tier of some traits you can set

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol lets hope it works this time.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The maximum level of the following job traits has been increased from three to four.

Attack Bonus / Defense Bonus / Evasion Bonus / Accuracy Bonus / Magic Attack Bonus / Magic Defense Bonus / Conserve MP
    Unless something else got ninja updated, this only affects Attack Bonus and Magic Attack Bonus. We don't have the trait points to raise the others beyond tier two/three.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Unless something else got ninja updated, this only affects Attack Bonus and Magic Attack Bonus. We don't have the trait points to raise the others beyond tier two/three.