BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 639 of 649 FirstFirst ... 589 629 637 638 639 640 641 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Well damn.

It seems that with the level 100 gift, you can unlock the first tier of most traits with only 1 spell. It doesn't work with the traits exempted from the gift (auto refresh, double attack, treasure hunter) or with the "killer" traits, zanshin, or rapid shot, but it works with everything else. Now we can set dual wield for subduction builds with only 2 points, or unlock sTP for only 1 points.

We also have access to the same tier of dual wield as ninja, now. I know DW4 was widely considered not worth the set points, but with DW5 at the same cost, is it worth setting now?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I bet the way it works is this: for every trait you have at least one spell set for (that isn't exempted in the description or cap at tier one), it gives you +8 trait points.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

^Yes that's what i suspected as well

Does that mean we can cap Attack speed while dropped shetal stone or suppa? I've had my eyes on Tripudio/Brutl for a while.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Shetal stone DW earring set sombra tights +1 haverton ring , setting DW 4 with spells, and getting DW5 from the new gift @ 100 JP = capped delay reduction while solo w/o trust by only casting erractic flutter.
    Man is it ever sexy for getting AM3 up for Tizona!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also looks like the new skirmish set can get dual wield augments on all the pieces and feet start with some so you wont even need haverton or set as many spells etc

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, question for all the Blue Mages out there: how much damage do your subductions output, and (since I'm presuming they're higher than mine) how are you getting them so high?

It is only a matter of having a lot of MAB augments on a hagondes set? Are there particular support spells to set for traits? Buff spells required?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Mine does about 3k. This is my gear set:

Gabaxorea - path A
    Gabaxorea - path A
    Snow Sachet
    Hagondes Hat -- 13 MAB Aug
    Eddy Necklace
    Hecate's Earring
    Friomisi Earring
    Vanir Cotehardie
    Hagondes Cuffs -- 22 MAB Aug
    Shiva Ring
    Shiva Ring
    Cornflower Cape
    Aswang Sash
    Hagondes Pants - no augs yet
    Mavi Basmak +2

I have MAB IV set but I don't have the gift yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The I'm usually on blm if nuking but blus I see doing skirmish are doing 2-3k iirc. But yeah get as much int and mab as you can. So set full traits, standard mab for accessory slots, as far as visible dual wield augmented Gabaxorea's, mab hag +1 was best in every slot I think but now helios wins in feet and hands and it's close on body/head. Close enough where the other augments could make a difference (tons of occult acumen on them is nice). /sch Windstorming yourself can help too (also let you effectively T1 some down if there are too many around to safely AoE or ones resistant to wind)

Well damn, they fixed it. Now you need 8 points again to unlock the traits like before.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So, I read through the guide posted a few pages back, and also saw the comment on how it was now outdated. Anyone care to give an explanation as to what's changed in the mean time? I hear BLU is all the rage for cleaving with magic-type spells. I'd also like to be able to play the physical side for general-purpose stuff too, though.

Also, do you have any tips as far as a priority of spells to get first, and which relic/artifact/empy gear to 109 first? All the stat vomit on the gear makes it a bit overwhelming to parse.

I'm back after having been gone since late 2011, so I'm missing pretty much everything 95+. I've got about 8.5m gil (and no idea how to make more at this point), if that matters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The blu guide on ffxiah I feel is pretty good, the only thing it seems to be missing is the new augmented stuff from skirmish- so you can replace most of the hagondes gear with helios now, or the melee sets with taeon. There's also a thread specifically about AoEing skirmish stuff where people have shared their current sets and spells they find the most useful. I'd check those out!

Anyone happen to know how to get to elementals in Ra'Kaznar inner court, or if there are better camps for them?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure what you mean how to get to them but they are in H-12/13 and I-12 and I-11 and probably best camp since always up

Thanks! I was having trouble getting around since apparently I had never gotten the KI for colonization reives there (already taken care of), and something about a KI to operate the elevator.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you have done missions you can use the warps. Those happen to be near the lair reive I farm so I can say the foret warp is fastest

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Some quick info on the nukes:

They each cost around 116MP and deal a bit more damage than something like Charged Whisker. They cost 8 points each to set.

Searing Tempest: Fire damage + Burn. Attack Bonus trait
    Blinding Fulgor: Light damage + Flash (12s). Magic Evasion Bonus trait
    Spectral Floe: Ice damage + Terror. Magic Attack Bonus trait
    Scouring Spate: Water Damage + Attack Down. Magic Defense Bonus trait
    Anvil Lightning: Thunder Damage + Stun. Accuracy Bonus trait
    Silent Storm: Wind Damage + Silence. Evasion Bonus trait
    Entomb: Earth Damage + Petrify. Defense Bonus trait
    Tenebral Crush: Dark Damage + Defense Down. Magic Accuracy Bonus trait

Incredibly interested to find out the values for Tenebral Crush and Saurian Slide's defense down effects, but I'm ignorant on how to go about testing, if anybody would be willing to help out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Melee a light Limule so it has TP. Use Tenebral Crush or Saurian Slide on it so it drops below 25% HP in non-iLevel gear that has no evasion. With any luck, it'll bounce the debuff you just inflicted back onto you. After that, math.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yea thats the method I had normally used for a few years. honestly I wouldn't expect them to beat Sweeping Gouge, but if Saurian Slide matches it it replaces simply due to having a better trait, same for Tenebreal if the AoE is necessary, but longer cast time etc

the ziz NM in aby altep works for debuff transfer too. more reliable than the limules are these days