BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 635 of 649 FirstFirst ... 585 625 633 634 635 636 637 645 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    After waiting a minute yeah I walked away and then it said it wore off. I knew about it wearing off if you go too far away but I thought it was supposed to kill in 60 sec
    Maybe a resist? I remember there was talk of some doom effects being partially resistable with geomancer macc-/meva+, where the doom counter would start higher than normal.

Well, I think I've learned everything but G.Dart and the Naakul spells. Next question would be where's a decent place to grind some JP with just eminent gear? Otherwise been trying to farm -1 and Limbus mats to 109 the more useful AF/Relic.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    where's a decent place to grind some JP with just eminent gear?
    I would say it's a waste of time to farm CP anyplace outside Woh Gates, especially without a double CP event. You need 55 job points at 30k capacity points each to cap a category, and outside Woh you'd be lucky to get 200 per mob on something you could kill in eminent. Inside Woh it's more like 1k in a party of 6, but those mobs are Lv.125ish and you won't be hitting them in sparks gear.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh no I meant I tried. no arts and light arts gave me the same amounts
    That spell is mega fail imo.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

costs too many set points, otherwise it'd be pretty good.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah, exactly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The mp cost is way too high as well imo considering it's self only, and how powerful sanguine blade is. I mean it's only 18mp cheaper than white wind.

I was expecting restoral to be a super budget spell like delta thrust, subduction, etc.

Maybe it's got some kind of enmity mod to it? Dunno. If self-only, I'd want to presume it for those of the tanky persuasion, but for anything you'd "want" it for, PLD would probably be better hands down.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone have a good gearswap file? I looked at the two in the sticky but there's so much stuff to sift through that I couldn't keep my eyes from glazing over x.x

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku_Asura View Post
    Anyone have a good gearswap file? I looked at the two in the sticky but there's so much stuff to sift through that I couldn't keep my eyes from glazing over x.x
    no such thing as a simple BLU lua, we are too complicated!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karizo View Post
    no such thing as a simple BLU lua, we are too complicated!
    Well you can make some relatively simple stuff for like specific purposes. Like I used to just make separate spellcasts for different roles my blu was in basically tailored around what spells I was using/setting. So like a cleaving one, fodder one, pt stuff one etc

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So sounds like Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction are getting wsc yay!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So quick test of subduction with BA shows that yes there is a bit of a wsc... however since it only took my dmg from 2970 to 3171 it's not exactly a lot and probably wont change any gearing. Appears to be str mod

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So quick test of subduction with BA shows that yes there is a bit of a wsc... however since it only took my dmg from 2970 to 3171 it's not exactly a lot and probably wont change any gearing. Appears to be str mod
    Retinal Glare seemed to get the best WSC. I think it was 30% MND

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by doctorugh View Post
    Retinal Glare seemed to get the best WSC. I think it was 30% MND
    Hmm is there testing somewhere?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So has there been any further testing on these spells since they were altered in Oct?

Attribute adjustments have been added to the following spells.
    Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I've been reading forums for hours. Seemed like the best place. Note I've barely read 3 pages of this thread so sorry in advance if this was answered farther back here goes.

Ok so I'm coming back to playing after a three year break. Been doing alot of reading lately to catch up on new contcontent. Was hoping to get some advice on a few things. First I was capped on skills at blu 88 when I left. I cleaved to 99.ive been having all sorts of trouble learning new spells and getting blu magic skill ups. My blu Magic is floating around 344 with af+1 body and relic head. I'm going to guess I'm having problems learning new high level spells due to low skill. Would anyone be so kind as to affirm my assumtpion? Second even with the lvl 99 ilvl gear for skill ups I'm getting almost no skill ups while getting sword skill ups at similar level on the same mobs. Could anyone suggest good mobs with zone to un gimp myself? Also what Stat mods if any have been discovered to aid spell learning or is it still just relic head af body and hands and cross fingers kind of deal? Any help would be gravely appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes skill has always mattered when learning spells. Not only learning rates but you can't even learn spells if you are too much lower. Magic skillups have always seemed slower since you hit a lot faster than you cast so that's probably part of it. Any mob that is high end DC you can hit should be fine but don't expect it to be fast. You can cap solo in abyssea if you want. For a lot of magic skills I'll just level a worm up to 99 and then spam non or low dmg spells on it. Fairly quick that way. Also skillup food helps. Or you could just use skill up books. Only things that aid learning are skill and af gloves there are more pieces of gear with skill of them if you want to go for them

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Awesome thanks for the info. I luckily learned about RoE already and have plenty of points. What are these skill up books yield? Also skill up food? That's new

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depends on how far away you are from the cap. Forget the exact values but at far away from the cap I believe it ranges between .1 and .5 with the average is about 3. per use. Getting closer it's more like .15 average and the last 10 levels they are all .1. People often sell them for like 40-50k a stack

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Skill_Up_Foods