Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 649 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Blue Mage: Best thread ever

I figure we could start up a topic for BLU only, including all of the new things we've learned about the job. Basically a compilation of good levels to get specific abilities, a list of all of the abilities and where they can be obtained, and any little things that you can find on the job.

A HUGE finding me and my friend discovered, apparently if you use an ability that is strong against the mob (Plantoid > Vermin) you get that killer affect against the mob. He was using Sprout Smack and Wild Oats and intimidating the Rabbits. Now Im assuming it was the actual use of the ability that added that, perhaps it was just equipping it in one of the slots, not so sure about that. One thing is sure, BLU can intimidate in some shape or form.

One other thing I think we should look on, is how exactly abilities are obtained, whats the minimum level you need to be in order to learn it, if a mob needs to be EP. So far I've gotten an ability 5 levels above mine, which means we can go from there and see if 6+ level abilities can be obtained.

Note to others...MANY abilities are next to impossible to get triggered. I sat through 50 Pollens before I got it, sat through more then 50 Sheep Songs and still dont have it. It's like getting a fucking drop off an HNM, I just hope the higher level mobs arent even worse.

Ok well just post any findings here, I think we can get a nice list going.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Re: Blue Mage: Job Findings

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    A HUGE finding me and my friend discovered, apparently if you use an ability that is strong against the mob (Plantoid > Vermin) you get that killer affect against the mob. He was using Sprout Smack and Wild Oats and intimidating the Rabbits. Now Im assuming it was the actual use of the ability that added that, perhaps it was just equipping it in one of the slots, not so sure about that. One thing is sure, BLU can intimidate in some shape or form.
    Ah! so that's what the devs meant when they said monster vs monster weakness will come into play at the fan festival.

One other thing I think we should look on, is how exactly abilities are obtained, whats the minimum level you need to be in order to learn it, if a mob needs to be EP. So far I've gotten an ability 5 levels above mine, which means we can go from there and see if 6+ level abilities can be obtained.

Note to others...MANY abilities are next to impossible to get triggered. I sat through 50 Pollens before I got it, sat through more then 50 Sheep Songs and still dont have it. It's like getting a fucking drop off an HNM, I just hope the higher level mobs arent even worse.
    Heh maybe they want you to slow your way up to 75

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It *seems*, and I say seems since I haven't actually verified this myself yet, but I was told physical blue mage spells stack with Sneak Attack for the critical damage, as well as healing blue spells stacking with Divine Seal. Would be great if anyone could test this out and confirm it.

I'm so not looking forward to learning abilities like Body Slam later on. Camping Shadow Dragon for hours on end for one freaking ability

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just learned Pollen.

The bee never used Pollen, his 1st and only TP move was Final Sting but I still learned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    I just learned Pollen.

The bee never used Pollen, his 1st and only TP move was Final Sting but I still learned it.
    I sure as hell hope you're wrong, for the sake of my sanity.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just learned Pollen.

Nope, Sorry. Don't feel bad though, I spent over an hour trying to get that damned thing.

Screenshot here

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

lol that's completely messed up.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Can someone post a link to the Monster Family chart ._.

I can't find it anywhere for some reason

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I just learned Pollen.

Nope, Sorry. Don't feel bad though, I spent over an hour trying to get that damned thing.

Screenshot here
    I want to hear a secondary confirmation. I've never learned battle dance and I've killed tons of orcs. I killed a bunch of mushrooms but the one that used queasyshroom on me taught it.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm thinking stuff like Pollen and Healing breeze don't require the mob to use them for you to be able to learn them, but the aggressive abilities require you to eat it before being able to learn. Who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    I just learned Pollen.

Screenshot here
    I want to hear a secondary confirmation. I've never learned battle dance and I've killed tons of orcs. I killed a bunch of mushrooms but the one that used queasyshroom on me taught it.
    Only explanation is that that was the second TP move he used...not likely at that level though. >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

.phail

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just learned Pollen.

Why? Its not like you have to actually see an ability used before you can kill the mob to learn it.

Were you actually waiting for the mob to use those abilities?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I found out that if you spam spells you can do enough
    damage to kill a Tough mob in 10 seconds

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

explanaiton = someone got killed by that mob earlier and it used pollen then.

Maybe?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I'm thinking stuff like Pollen and Healing breeze don't require the mob to use them for you to be able to learn them, but the aggressive abilities require you to eat it before being able to learn. Who knows..
    i have somewhat come to the same conclusion. i was with a friend, both of us were lvl 5. he was fighting a bee and i was trying to get wild oats from a tiny mandy, which is never got... ><

anyways, we were partied and we both learned pollen when he killed the bee. the conclusion i came to was on buffs you dont need to be the one to kill it, just as long as your in the party and most likely in a specific range of the battle youll learn it. we were both under the assumption that you need the mob to use the ability to learn it, so he waited for it to use pollen, then killed it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

BLU gets Beast Killer at 11, I wonder if we'll end up with the entire line. Anyone ever read anything about that before?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Who started the rumor that the mob had to use the ability before you could learn it, anyway?
    ...Square?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

BLU gets beast killer @5