Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Today, a number of accounts which were confirmed to have violated the user agreement by using unauthorized third-party software tools within FINAL FANTASY XI to enable abnormal in-game movement were discovered and have been permanently suspended.
    POS.exe?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Just a Q to anyone who did get suspended, so we can clear it up.

Did you speed hack? Reply only if you have the balls enough to be honest. At least we can see who is safe and who isnt.

Did you speed hack even the slightest, even if it was to try it for a min because it was fun? Did you use Flee or such recently?

If you did hack and dont want to admit it, dont reply.
    I'm suspended and yeah I have a few speed limit errors (which is I think the only way they know).

Although there are others I know with many speed limit errors that aren't so lawl

edit for above: not pos.exe

editedit: I've never been suspended before, I like the "please contact the playonline information center" message and a logout button, nice directions!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

The Playonline Site states "Abnormal in game movment" There are no statements regarding being able to detect windower (not that they would probably admit that anyway) But their standing has always been that 3rd party programs are illegal. Maybe the people that were banned had used flee tool or other in game hacks and were only now caught.

lol banned for windower

i dual box on my machine all the time, all 3 accounts i use occasionally are perfectly fine.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I use windower (logged in FFXI now actually) and didn't get banned, so you probably need other tools than windower
    (I'd quit too if they ban all people for windower only)

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In truth, many tools and bots require you to have a windower...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I have used flee tool in the past to save time, but generally play on PS2 so don't use it much... And I haven't used it at all in months. My accounts were fine this morning. Maybe the fleetool usage had to be recent?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok, how about this theory.

Azaril said that windower is completely undetectable and I think he is smarter than SE programmers. So could it be that maybe SE is just playing a bluff. They know that 90% player base use windower. So if they point at 1 person out of 10, there is a really good chance that s/he is using windower. So maybe all they did and bluffed and just pointed to random 2k pc accounts and suspended them.

Some of you did say that most of people just got 72 hour suspension. Enough to stir shit up.
    But yea, SE are idiots but they are not complete ones. They don't want to stop making money.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

heh, ive sped up cutscenes by putting my clock ahead before, does that count? my accounts say temporarily suspended, not 'closed' like the one above.

edit; wafik i've used pos to get through banishing gates before. this was months ago.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Just a Q to anyone who did get suspended, so we can clear it up.

Did you speed hack? Reply only if you have the balls enough to be honest. At least we can see who is safe and who isnt.

Did you speed hack even the slightest, even if it was to try it for a min because it was fun? Did you use Flee or such recently?

If you did hack and dont want to admit it, dont reply.
    i tried a program out one one acct but the other 2 accts certainly never. the only thing they had in common was played on the same PC from same IP address. one of the accts had <50 hours play time and never left logged city (talking about a whole acct, not just a character). i'll call s-e in a few hours and find out what's up, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coephoros
    They didn't even imply Windower, they're pointing right at fleetool.
    "We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities."

"If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be."

I think this implies it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Well, they specifically mentioned about movement speed or alteration of activity in game, so that would be fleetool and pos, and I guess argus too? Did not seem like it was just because of windower... Well, if thats the only reason, then lol at speedhackers getting banned, hopefully they also nail the gs in sky, I have seen them speedhack and pos to get claims...anyone on Asura can check sky?

Edit: Damn when I typed my reply I would have been the next message after Dezzimal's post...sweet mother, 2 pages before my reply...I type way too slow, lol.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    They didn't even imply Windower, they're pointing right at fleetool.
    "We would like to take this time to remind our players that the use of any third-party tools will not only destroy the in-game balance, but will also encourage RMT (Real Money Trade) activities."

"If you come across a third-party tool over the Internet, we ask that you please refrain from the download of such a tool, no matter how minor it may appear to be."

I think this implies it.
    It implies that using third party tools is bad, but it didn't imply that any accounts were suspended for using windower. It strictly implied either pos.exe or fleetool

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by othellojr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    Well, they specifically mentioned about movement speed or alteration of activity in game, so that would be fleetool and pos, and I guess argus too? Did not seem like it was just because of windower... Well, if thats the only reason, then lol at speedhackers getting banned, hopefully they also nail the gs in sky, I have seen them speedhack and pos to get claims...anyone on Asura can check sky?
    I don't think the gilsellers will be banned, as I believe you can warp all over a zone and the game doesn't care. It's when you try to zone too fast to the next zone you get "cannot zone to the next area"

I think this implies it.
    I was referring specifically to the cause of the banzor stick, which I thought is what you were doing as well.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

which can be fixed by logging out and/or using the flee+++ by shorts periods of time.

I was referring specifically to the cause of the banzor stick, which I thought is what you were doing as well.
    LOL, I don't know what I'm talking about anymore. Too early...need caffeine.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden
    Ok, how about this theory.

Azaril said that windower is completely undetectable and I think he is smarter than SE programmers. So could it be that maybe SE is just playing a bluff. They know that 90% player base use windower. So if they point at 1 person out of 10, there is a really good chance that s/he is using windower. So maybe all they did and bluffed and just pointed to random 2k pc accounts and suspended them.
    I wouldn't give them that much credit. It sounds more like taking a bunch of PC POL accounts, throwing them up on a dart board and having the employees toss a few. No matter where you hit, chances are the person's using Windower.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Like I said, I play mostly on the ps2, but I have POSed and I have used the windower. I still have my accounts. Eitherway, I'm not worried. A ban stick would make me go play some other game. As for people who say it's not detectable, you are aware that they just don't have a memscanning in the client.

AFAIK, all windower does is hook the calls that FFXI would normally make to Windows. There's no interaction there, FFXI can't exactly poll your Windows and see what it's doing in the background (that, as SOE found out, would be illegal).

I'd guess that the only way SE can figure out if you're cheating is if you've got something injecting into FFXI.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast