FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Thinking about it, this is probably Square's solution to ending RMT.

If you ban all the legit players for no reason there'll be no one left to buy shit from RMT and they'll move on to another game!
    What's legit about flee tool and MrArgus? I'll be honest, i'm thrilled to death about this announcement. I have a tough time finding sympathy for those people in this thread who got banned or suspended. Everyone I know who only uses Windower is fine. Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone interpreted this announcement as meaning Windower in the first place. It's very obviously talking about FleeTool and warping programs.

Score 1 for SE, this announcement is fantastic.
    It's obviously not about windower, whoever posted about this "phone call" was obviously wrong. Still pisses me off they can't get the goddamn RMT's.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Tons of RMT gone on Ramuh at least.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And even if you do see entire groups of RMT not on your server right now, they probably only have a 72 hour suspension and will be right back.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Thinking about it, this is probably Square's solution to ending RMT.

If you ban all the legit players for no reason there'll be no one left to buy shit from RMT and they'll move on to another game!
    What's legit about flee tool and MrArgus? I'll be honest, i'm thrilled to death about this announcement. I have a tough time finding sympathy for those people in this thread who got banned or suspended. Everyone I know who only uses Windower is fine. Frankly, I'm not sure how anyone interpreted this announcement as meaning Windower in the first place. It's very obviously talking about FleeTool and warping programs.

Score 1 for SE, this announcement is fantastic.
    As I said in my post before, I know a few people who seem to genuinly have been banned for no reason. Of course, I'm just taking their word for that but at the end of the day, I'm not banned and Bluetonberry isn't banned so I don't really give a shit.

Anyway, that was firmly tougue-in-cheek, don't take it so literally. Of course, anyone who has been banned probably deserves to be but when I log on and still see RMT, the real problem with this game, warping around sky, I care a lot less.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Lol @ those who say "No windower, no customers" Or "SE will lose a lot of money because of this" blah blah blah...

Obviously you guys have not thought about how much they make in a month, year, in the 3-4 years FFXI has been released in the USA.

Lets estimate that there are roughly 2,500 people on all servers. Paying $12 a month. That's 32 servers (Excluded Test server.) each having 2,500 people paying $12 a month. So, whip out your calculators because 32 x 2,500 x 12 = $960,000 a month that SE is recieving from the players. So, what would 2,000 accounts being banned show? 32 x 2,500 - 2,000 x 12 = $936,000 a month that SE recieves already. SE does not loose money for anyone they ban. Simply because they already make an incredible amount monthly.

And judging by what I see, those who quit this game, tend to come back given a few months or a year. So lose customers? Maybe. Lose money? Hell no.

I wonder if people using FFAssist got banned/suspended. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Good job SE.

I just did a search for 18 straight known RMT accts, 16 of em were on. I stopped searching at that point and realized SE completely missed RMT on my server.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fenrir's RMT still alive and kicking

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Of course, anyone who has been banned probably deserves to be but when I log on and still see RMT, the real problem with this game, warping around sky, I care a lot less.
    Agreed, if this doesnt even effect RMT than its pointless bs and Im not impressed.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    I wonder if people using FFAssist got banned/suspended. Can anyone confirm/deny this?
    FFAssist does even less to modify the game than windower does. I can't believe they would even bother with it.

I'm sure this is just "we took 2000 people with speed limit errors and banned them".

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Here's a screenshot (from Windower forums) of suspended account:

http://ic35.mixi.jp/photo/diary/12/98/180771298_111.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

carbuncles rmt still going strong in sky ftmfl

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    So Phlux, honest question...

who from Osiris got suspended ?? I'd tell you who from Emerald, but its still too early here, dont know whos actually gone or still asleep.
    I don't know, I'm at work and there's nothing on our forums about it. I logged onto my own character briefly this morning so I know that I'm fine, but I don't use anything other than windower. I'm not even really that concerned about the fullscreen thing because I have multiple PCs, but the distance plugin is like crack. Don't start doing it, kids, because you won't be able to stop!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ok.

I am leaving for work now. 8 hour shift, 8 hours straight of making sandwiches for old jewish people. Since I woke up, I ran to the Al'Zhabi AH on my cor/nin, only to find out its closed, and then sent these seer crowns to my mule, and ran back to MH. I am now hiding in my mog house.

Who wants to bet that [GM]Patchoulie will burn me for something, and I'll come home from work suspended ??

Quote Originally Posted by IBTL
    Lets estimate that there are roughly 2,500 people on all servers. Paying $12 a month. That's 32 servers (Excluded Test server.) each having 2,500 people paying $12 a month. So, whip out your calculators because 32 x 2,500 x 12 = $960,000 a month that SE is recieving from the players. So, what would 2,000 accounts being banned show? 32 x 2,500 - 2,000 x 12 = $936,000 a month that SE recieves already. SE does not loose money for anyone they ban. Simply because they already make an incredible amount monthly.
    You obviously have no idea what the monthly cost is for their servers o.Oa Gaming companies buy a hosting service from big companies, they don't provide it themselves, and me working for a provider company, let me tell you that shit is EXPENSIVE (yes, prices getting close to $1mil/mo for the entire package). if SE keeps up the gayness like this, they will lose a lot more then just 2000*$13/mo, and eventually they'll end up that keeping their servers up will become a loss instead of a win

You'll have to start dealing damage to your moogle or you're fucking banned.

(edit: @nynja)

Quote Originally Posted by IBTL
    Bad math
    If you really think $0 and $24,000 (aka ~300k per year) are no different you have a strange concept of numbers and/or money. Remind me not to let you run my business and I hope for your sake you don't craft.

People are saying "if they banned everyone who used windower they wouldn't have anyone left to play", which is probably true. I wouldn't go so far as to say I would quit if they did that because I'm lucky enough to have a PC and a laptop but as you can see there are plenty of people who would.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Who wants to bet that [GM]Patchoulie will burn me for something, and I'll come home from work suspended ??
    Can you put the gil you are betting on an escrow character so we can collect it after you get banned?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

owned, fuck all you cheating fags thats what you get. to wafik i believe it was, i've never used anything other then windower. never removed files removed files/ things of that nature, but i do use hermes quenchers quite often and my account is still here, so apparently it's not just the act of running fast when you dont have thf main or sub like you had asked

Edit!

Banned.

BG Level

Almost all of the RMT on Kujata just now disappeared (I saw them online earlier) Either China had a large (Connection Lost) or they got banned I guess.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast