Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Logging off / shut down really can erase hate?

I'm pretty sure that logging off then logging back on doesn't clear your hate.

my ls usually has people log into a mule then back to main char.

some other LS's do /shutdown.

does anyone know a concrete method to erase hate if it possible?

sorry if this is a noob question.

Re: Logging off / shut down really can erase hate?

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    does anyone know a concrete method to erase hate if it possible?
    reduce your HP to 0.
    you'll be hate-free

oh and ZAM

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If you're at the top of a mob's hate list and you become unreachable (take a spatial displacement in riverne, etc.) when it next looks for you (read: wakes up after being slept) then your hate is automatically reset. Of course, this doesn't help us in HNM situations.

Back in 2004 when my LS was first trying to log hate at Fafnir, we quickly came to the conclusion that simply logging off and then immediately logging back on wasn't clearing hate. Mages who did this would pull hate shortly after logging back in. Staying logged off for a greater amount of time seemed to work, though. I personally use /shutdown but I don't think it matters as long as your character stays out for a certain amount of time (~1 minute?). Maybe the server removes characters who aren't in zone from the hate list every so often?

How's the medicine data compilation coming along?

roly poly
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

besides death, /shutdown or logging onto a mule for 5 or so minutes does the trick for long duration stuff (for me at least)

instantly logging back in after logoff does jack for hate reset :/

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

been lazy on the medicine compilation ><;; i was hoping someone from ffxiclopedia would take over or at least help me out.

recently ive been doing tests for rdm tho, testing slow II and bio etc.

if i have the money i will work on the medicine thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito
    besides death, /shutdown or logging onto a mule for 5 or so minutes does the trick for long duration stuff (for me at least)

instantly logging back in after logoff does jack for hate reset :/
    Even zoning isn't fail proof. I was trio'ing Overlord Bakgodek with WHM, NIN and BRD once. The BRD started getting a lot of hate, so we had him zone out. After zoning out and then zoning back in, the HNM took off and started running back towards the direction of the BRD, nearly linking half the zone.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Switching regions is 100%, tele-mea at tiamat for example.

Zoning doesn't cut it, maybe relogging for 10m helps idk, never tried it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

While fighting Tiamat, we had the rdm&whm do a LogOut chain. A few brought up the fact that it didnt work so I guess the time it take while logging off was enough time for the tank to build up hate since they couldnt do any actions. (For the ones that thought it worked atlease)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Death is not a complete removal of hate either.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ive usually logged out and stayed out for the duration of the the first march song. Seems to last about two to three minutes. Seems to work fine for me.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ponskun
    Ive usually logged out and stayed out for the duration of the the first march song. Seems to last about two to three minutes. Seems to work fine for me.
    Yeah, but you have to realize if you spent those 2-3 minutes in a corner not attacking anything, youd prob reset your hate level to the same as when you were logged off.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Yeah, but you have to realize if you spent those 2-3 minutes in a corner not attacking anything, youd prob reset your hate level to the same as when you were logged off.
    Heres the thing, once we break 2.5k dmg on lets say tiamat, we usually log out to avoid keeping up the hate levels on the blms. Constant SC +MB on lands add up quickly. Call it what you want, we do it to play safe.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Yeah but the difference is, if your group wipes, the mob will come after you and find you even if you just sat there for a while because you are still on the hate list. For me, logging off and logging on to a mule for a min or two is the only way for me to reset hate. Well besides death that is.

It's pretty simple, and has always worked for me:

You have to stay logged out long enough for the game to register you as not there any more (like someone can /sea you and find you even though you logged). There's a bit of a lag between when you logout and when the server processes that logout in terms of removing you from the hate queues. Generally, it's something like 2 minutes. When that's done, bam, you can log back in and have zero hate.

I've seen plenty of people logout, then log back in and still have hate (because they don't wait). But it's never happened to me.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Its my belief after doing some marathon long Kirins back in 05 and some long Tiamats since then that Hate is shed as if you were in zone but not doing anything.

Logging onto a mule just increases the amount of time a player spends away from his primary character. I've actually seen a war/whm on fafnir cure the tanking crew and then log. Once he came back, he runs to the "safe" spot and starts resting. Faf decides he wants a war/whm sandwich and goes to munch him.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby
    Its my belief after doing some marathon long Kirins back in 05 and some long Tiamats since then that Hate is shed as if you were in zone but not doing anything.

Logging onto a mule just increases the amount of time a player spends away from his primary character. I've actually seen a war/whm on fafnir cure the tanking crew and then log. Once he came back, he runs to the "safe" spot and starts resting. Faf decides he wants a war/whm sandwich and goes to munch him.
    I agree with you Gatsby... death appears to work this way also.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Best thing is to log on a mule for 7-10mins and coming back, this will erase your hate 100%. Teleporting to Mea crag and coming back to Tiamat erases hate too but warping to Tav. Safehold and coming to JoL doesn't lol.

7-10 minutes? good luck with that when you are the only whm or bard at a late night tiamat O_O

doesnt need to go over board, logging to a mule and back is enough, or shut down (out of pol), by the time you are back you will be fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    7-10 minutes? good luck with that when you are the only whm or bard at a late night tiamat O_O
    Don't fight Tiamat with 1 WHM solves your problem

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii

doesnt need to go over board, logging to a mule and back is enough, or shut down (out of pol), by the time you are back you will be fine.
    I disagree. I've done this before when curebombing a PMSing tiamat and pulled hate rather quickly. I've seen WHMs and BRDs pull hate after a long log as well.