Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Glitch??     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Item Glitch??

Ok, so here is my problem. I log into my account today, and when switching jobs from RDM to MNK, i notice that i can't find my Osode. It is not in my inventory, not in my Mog House, not in storage and not in my mog locker. I spend about 30 minutes re-looking making sure i'm not just overlooking it.

Someone in my LS said that it'd happened to them before and they just had to relog cause it was some glitch and it'd return, so i re-log, to no avail, it is still missing.

Before anyone asks, no i did not accidentally bazaar, drop, desynth or otherwise remove this item from my possession, also it would be impossible that i sent it to a mule. Under normal circumstances i wouldn't care, however this happens to be one of, if not my 'best' item, which also seems sort of fishy.

Anyway, what i'm asking is, has this ever happened to anyone, where an item just vanished. I tried contacting the GMs, however it seems that the GM service is unavailable until the 13th, so i have no way of contacting them at the moment.

Basically i'm just hoping that someone else has had this happen with a happy ending, and i'm not screwed out of months worth of hours of work i put in obtaining this item.

Thanks in advance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hey whered my keyboard go?

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Re: Item Glitch??

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    i'm screwed out of months worth of hours of work i put in obtaining this item.
    yea i agree

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It was Briste!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It is early so i'll be sceptical, this unfortunate glitch creates sympathy in your ls and you are offered the next osode. You don't rush to say yes, staying modest but politely accept their kind offer. Meanwhile your 2nd char is sat in Rolanberry with osode in bazaar. Huzzah !

(for the sake of balance or to be nice), No i've not heard of this glitch.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Error 742: Untrusty friend.

Assuming you didnt do anything to it, someone stole it from you. I bet it's the guy who told you to relog to make fun of you

well, nobody has access to my account, not even my brother. so nobody logged on and took it. And even if that were the case, they wouldn't have just taken that and left other more valuable items.

Unfortunately i got the Osode with an LS that no longer exists, and the people i'm in an LS with now basically don't give a shit. So unless i can get any help from a GM...yeah right. I'm probably proper fucked.

But, i just talked to a friend who had the same thing happen. Same item, same server, just vanished into thin air. so i don't know, it seems kind of odd that the same item can disappear from someone on the same server.

Kirin is a god.
    Kirin was cold.
    Kirin reclaimed his wooly jumper.

Kirin came to besieged and took your osode instead of a shitty lightbulb in some hall.

Either that or I came to your server and ninja lotted it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Item Glitch??

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    Ok, so here is my problem. I log into my account today, and when switching jobs from RDM to MNK, i notice that i got hacked.
    fixed.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

When that happens zoning will fix it, if zoning doesn't fix it then you got hacked.

I've heard of the glitch that has happened to your friend, though if it doesn't show up in your inventory/mog safe/mog locker/storage after you've freed at least one spot in them and then relogged, then its not that glitch. Best to wait for GM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I've never heard of an item simply "disappearing" into thin air without a trace, there's a 99.99% chance that someone who has your account info decided to swipe it at a time where you wouldnt notice. One time long ago, some idiot WAR tried to do this to my former LS by saying that the ulli stone he was keeping got "glitched" and just didnt exist anymore, but the night before he was rolanberrying it and alot of people confirmed this, seeing as how he's a total fucking moron (melees in full heca gear on WAR/NIN to HNMs), and told the LS leader about it. LS leader tells him he's full of shit, if he doesnt give the stone back he's gonna get his pearl broken...about an hour later, the stone miraculously appears and he still has his pearl, but he was kicked a few weeks later for doing similar douchebaggery.

By all means, i could be wrong and your Osode did indeed get swallowed up by the game somehow, but if it did then someone who has technical knowledge about this game would be able to tell you if it did happen. No not GMs, people who actually worked on the game or people who manage server status, debug the system...etc. If you could find a way to possibly get ahold of one of these people i would advise you to do so, if you believe someone with your info didnt just find an Osode a little too tempting.

my friend lost like 80 kindred's seals that way :(

Items don't miraculously disapear from your inventory.

If you can't find it, then someone stole it.
    If you think no one has your account info, you are wrong.
    If you think a GM can do anything about missing item, you are dreaming.

Your item has disappeared, who have access to your PC? Did you write down your account informations somewhere on a book, or a sheet of paper, that a friend, familly, anyone, could have found? Did you download anything that could contain a Keylogger?

Don't fool yourself, someone stole it, and this someone has your account informations right now. Most of the time, it's someone really close of you, like a friend, someone from your familly. This someone is probably waiting for the good time to steal more item and money. So change your password NOW, don't write it down anywhere, keep it in your mind.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Items don't miraculously disapear from your inventory.

If you can't find it, then someone stole it.
    If you think no one has your account info, you are wrong.
    If you think a GM can do anything about missing item, you are dreaming.
    After exiting dynamis-tavnazia (shaddup >|) my adaman hauberk was actually not in my inventory. Flat out gone, I flipped massive shit then klades told me to zone just to be sure. Luckily after zoning it was there but I'd have shit a brick if it were gone.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

mmmmno

I was doing chlevnik on blm once and my jupiters and dark staff were just gone, and I had them while we were outside the BG. We won, got spit out, zoned and they were there. Like Raineer said if zoning or logging doesnt fix it, you are fucked. You were hacked or something.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kid Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

lol, I remember like 3 items were missing from my inventory once when I was in sky and I didn't even realize it. Lotted Seiryu's Sword or something when I was "57/60" and it dropped to someone else. Relogged and the items were back and I was 60/60. =(

edit; typo >(

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

in Dynamis-Qufim 1 time after a sacrifice pull, and got reraised, 4 items disappeared from my inventory (worth 20m+) but my inventory space didn't change.
    So it was 59/60 before I died, and 59/60 after I died, but only 55 items would show up in my inventory.

Ofcourse I also got very scared, but after I came out of Dynamis-Qufim gladly there were on me again.

But as for OP.. 95% tells me you got eighter hacked or secretly sold the Osode yourself, pretending it is gone now.

Changing your password isn't good enough if you were hit with a virus..

You also have to format your computer and reinstall windows and ffxi, unless of course you just play on ps2/xbox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast