BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Questions for Galka WHMs and BRDs.

Now that Atumre is over level 50 on WHM and BRD, I have questions for the Galkas who have taken up the casting arts.

But it all boils down to one question- how do you balance MP gear with stats or skill? For example:

Healer's Mitts
    level 60 DEF 14 WHM
    MP+10 STR+5 Healing magic skill+15 Enmity-4

Dune Bracers
    level 62 DEF 11 All Jobs
    HP-35 MP+65 VIT-5 INT+2 MND+2

Healing skill +15 is great for the efficiency of Cure V, but it is hard to give up a delicious 65 MP. (Almost half of the cost of Cure V.) Do you have different cure macros for different MP situations that equip skill gear as your MP goes down? The same thing goes with Astral/Ether Rings instead of +CHR rings for BRD?

Also, how long did you wear RSE? Is there nothing better than Elder's Braguette until Blessed Trousers at level 70?

PS. Don't try to Zam me, because you can STFU and GTFO my forums.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Screw Healing Magic, MND, all that. MP, and the ability to get it back, is all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

prob go for mp on whm and stats on bard. figuring end game bard you'll either be /nin in merrit parties or at hnm you'll have enough support you won't need to cure.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spungy
    Screw Healing Magic, MND, all that. MP, and the ability to get it back, is all.
    That's what I would get too. Enmity is nice but only shitty parties have you spamming cures and getting hate.

Well, I'm not a Galka but I'm an Elvaan bard so I feel you.

As Bard you want to make sure you can land everything first and foremost. After you get a reliable land rate, and only then, you can start to take off peices of gear for MP. Just play around and take off parts, try to cast, put some back on etc.

With my standard XP setup I have around 350 MP as Elvaan BRD/WHM. I rarely need that much, but it mostly comes from merits and bardly gear.

/lick
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Srs Bsns
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Make an "MP gear" pregear macro and a "Cure potency" (i.e. Healing Magic/MND) pregear macro and toggle between them based on current MP?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'd say for BRD and WHM, they sort of have inverse EXP and HNM functions. WHMs (or at least galka ones) tend to have a lack of MP up until, as you said, the early 70's with the blessed gear and such, making +skill gear a little benine. In HNM fights that last a bit, you'll tend to want more bang for your buck, so to speak, with the +skill and -enmity effects. Wouldn't want some random WHM draw ins at wyrms @_@; so -enmity and +potency sound optimal for HNM galka, but +MP for EXP.

Re: Questions for Galka WHMs and BRDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    PS. Don't try to Zam me, because you can STFU and GTFO my forums.
    That made me smile.

On topic, I'd suggest going for the best rest macro possible. Spam those assaults, farm those euvhis, whatever it takes to max your +hmp.

Re: Questions for Galka WHMs and BRDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Healer's Mitts
    level 60 DEF 14 WHM
    MP+10 STR+5 Healing magic skill+15 Enmity-4

Dune Bracers
    level 62 DEF 11 All Jobs
    HP-35 MP+65 VIT-5 INT+2 MND+2

Healing skill +15 is great for the efficiency of Cure V,
    News to me. 15 healing skill is 5 more healed.

Blessed Mitts
    * MP +15
    * Mind +7
    * Haste +5%
    * Enmity -3

7 MND is 11 more healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amastacia
    Make an "MP gear" pregear macro and a "Cure potency" (i.e. Healing Magic/MND) pregear macro and toggle between them based on current MP?
    We have a winner. As a Galka whm, MP is important when my bar is full. At any other time, it doesn't matter whether I'm 20 MP from full or 200, I'm not full. Once I use up MP from my gear, I change to a more MND-heavy setup. Which do you use? The answer should be obvious: both.

WHM:

The only spells my WHM ever casted were Haste, Flash, Regen, and Banish (and obviously Paralyna, etc). I rarely ever had to cast Cure, unless we were fighting something with bad AoE or something. MP was never a problem, unless the party was full of idiots. As long as you've got a decent tank and melees who understand that pulling hate = bad, max MP won't mean anything 2 minutes after you start.

Invest in anything that makes you more efficient. +Cure Potency, +Refresh, +hMP, +Regen Potency, +Skill, -Enmity. Because in EXP and HNMs, you will very rarely (if ever) have your MP full. It's all about Functional MP and healing efficiency.

MP gear is the sort of thing that you use because there's nothing else out there. Just about the only valid use for MP gear is a RDM Convert set, and Zenith/HP->MP gear to utilize the level 50 "rings of death" that trigger on Yellow HP.

BRD:

BRD is broken. You can level it to 75 naked using only Instruments and a Light/Earth Staff. The only reason BRDs buy other gear is because they have nothing better to do with their time/money. Buy enough +Skill/+CHR to land your songs, then fill the rest with whatever you want.

I guess ideally you'd wear a full set of MP Gear and have some sort of tiered macro system that slowly replaces your MP Gear with Functional gear as you consume MP, but I don't think anyone is OCD enough to go that far.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Max mp doesnt mean much of anything. hMP, max HP, cure potency and -enmity.

i wish i rolled my taru as a galka to be honest. i hardly ever need to burn my whole mp pool and if you do than youre doing something wrong. max hp is good for aoe fights, the less you need to cure yourself the more you can focus on the tank (enmity too). fafnir for example, stoneskin is good but you still take damage from aoe. if you have 700hp like a taru you need to cure yourself, 1100 as a galka and you can just toss a regen and forget about it.

if you have a good hMP setup and the obligitory refresh and/or ballad you wont have to worry about mp.

-enmity is self explainitory.

if this is xp party situation use highest regen on tank before resting. depending on the mob i always rest until tank is 1/2 hp then i stand, flash, pop cure v, regen, rest. on hnm i generally alternate cure 2 and 3's and reserve v for the "oh shit crit". conserve mp kicks in a lot

brd doesnt need a shit load of mp either, you need enough to cast stoneskin, paralyna/silena, curaga once. i do fine with 200 mp on brd, its not like youre the main healer or even a reliable backup healer due to singing songs and or pulling consistantly

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Agreed, heavy on the +mp early on then switch over to +skill/+mnd once that initial pool is used up. Also, a good +hMP set is an absolute must. If you can push to around 60 mp recovered on the first tick, you should be good to go regardless of the situation.

galkan BRD on sylph has like 1300 mp when subbing smn or something name is Crawd

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme
    galkan BRD on sylph has like 1300 mp when subbing smn or something name is Crawd
    Think you mean WHM.

No i mean bard

edit: he subs smn just to see his max mp capabilities

Sea Torques
    BG Level

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

If you could get +1000 MP in gear your claim wouldn't sound as retarded as it did right now.

Having played a WHM at fafnir once I feel unqialified to make any recommendations, but max MP only matters... when you are max MP. Cure Potency, -enmity, and +refresh are always in effect when you are casting a cure spell.

no way a brd, even /smn, even taru got 1300mp's. And don't post besieged or ballista drinks crap.
    Hell i'm not even sure Galka whm/smn can touch 1300mp's.

I refuse to believe that as well, On my taru whm the most i can ever achieve is 1658 MP. Maxed out, with food. etc. Non besieged.

Now take that with a grain of salt, apply it to w/e you want on this GLK brd you speak of.

Full merits.
    vivian
    Serket
    Mp earrings
    heirarch belt
    Blue cape +1
    RSE feet hands

You're maybe already pushing an additional 300-400 mp. And galka's have a base of around 100-250. (That's including normal gear, so thats even above the shadow of a doubt)

So i find it rather hard. But anyways.. to continue onto my real reaso for posting. to stay on topic

To be honest, for a galkan whm or brd, the real ability comes in to truth for skill, A galka WHM doesn't need to be a taru. having 1300 mp isn't going to show anymore than having 900 mp, other than a set for buffing. To be honest, Regen Merits, Cure % timer, and Cure + potency Merits, and gear will make the whm, not an additional 600 mp (or the other claim of +1100 mp (to make the 1300mp claim). Just my say.