Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Alla pics!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

it's a shame rdm can't wear any movement+ gear aside from 'powder boots', that would at least make rdm pulling feasible; oh well maybe someday SE will release movement+ gear other than powder boots, maybe they will call them... crimson cuisses?

alla added blm AF quests to their database recently, now i finally can complete those darn quests!

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by mikazuki
    it's a shame rdm can't wear any movement+ gear aside from 'powder boots', that would at least make rdm pulling feasible; oh well maybe someday SE will release movement+ gear other than powder boots, maybe they will call them... crimson cuisses!
    This was even after I had explained that I would death-pull all the NM's and time extensions... It was a max of usually 8-9 deaths per xarc, all with RR2. How freakin hard is it to pull with FC utsusemi, crimson cuisses, and death

laugh out loud @ guy whining about not getting Warrior's Calligae

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Some idiot named CellyO
    Red Mage/Ninja can't endure a single Xarcabard pull without Powder Boots, and he expects me to believe he's the main puller in his shell?
    Someone needs to tell him of Crimson Cuisses. I help out pull Dyna-Xarc on WHM when we have enough people to keep the pace up. I read that entire post as "Nun-uh! You can't! Play right! You lie!"

The best part about that thread was that "I've cleared Dynamis-Bastok with 24 people" isn't evidence that its possible, but "Clearing Dynamis-Bastok with 24 people isn't possible" is evidence that its not. I just wanted to slap so many people in that thread.

i necroed the alla topic just to remind the powder boots guy of his stupidity^^ also because it's alla and messing with their forums is fun

On Suppa Vs Knghtly for PLD, guy called Reij:
    100% Knight's Earring. I wont even consider Suppanomimi. PLD/NIN? lolpld/nin. I wont play PLD/NIN. I wont even unlock NIN. I will not degrade this holy knight job with some far-eastern cheap trick called utsusemi.
    Suppanomimi is a far-eastern sounding name and is meant for NIN and SAM while "Knight's Earring" is a very western name and is very suitable for Paladin.
    the name of the earring is what win Knight's Earring for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    The best part about that thread was that "I've cleared Dynamis-Bastok with 24 people" isn't evidence that its possible, but "Clearing Dynamis-Bastok with 24 people isn't possible" is evidence that its not. I just wanted to slap so many people in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by CellyO
    I've won Beaucedine with 25, so don't try to pull any weird, made-up experience card here.
    Way to read... this person said they got the win on the zone, not a full clear

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

lol.... I hope someone asked him what his thoughts are on playing "far-eastern" games like final fantasy

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvanis
    I've won Beaucedine with 25, so don't try to pull any weird, made-up experience card here.
    He was trying to say that he's won glacier with 25 so he has the experience to tell me that I can't do a full-clear of a city with 25. He also says that BLM/NIN is a terrible setup to kill statues and RDM/NIN is a terrible puller and people can't survive 100 fists and Wrath of Gu'dah. What exactly are you defending?

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvanis
    He was trying to say that he's won glacier with 25 so he has the experience to tell me that I can't do a full-clear of a city with 25. He also says that BLM/NIN is a terrible setup to kill statues and RDM/NIN is a terrible puller and people can't survive 100 fists and Wrath of Gu'dah. What exactly are you defending?
    Defending? Maybe just another person's opinion.

This person obviously likes to go with a traditional, safe, and effective way of clearing cities, to obtain coins/relics for those people in his/her LS.

And you obviously enjoy a radical approach to a traditional routine in Dynamis areas, to further push the boundries of what a person says can or cannot be accomplished.

Whats the point? Meh, maybe there is no point, and I just felt like posting. But in the end, I believe the both of you are right in your own ways. Both of you obviously have people who trust you in your respected LSs, to complete runs as you see fit, and do so to the best that you can.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shinjaku
    **No STUPID!! You dont know what the hell your talking about or understand what is so simple and plain before you, you know what Nor!! I'm gonna make you look so stupid now for opening you gaddam mouth.

I want you to post link please from mysterytour ----> skill cap chart ---> Skill cap view.

Fact and simple example:

Lv60 = 203 guard skill "A" rating.
    Lv60 = 159 guard skill "F" rating.

**Versus lv60 mob mnk with 159 guard skill base will not do so good vs mnk with 203 guard fighting same mob, plus Mr. STUPID!!! You do know your guard level goes up every level right? So Why dont you get your head out of your arse and get it....Jezz how stupid can you be that simple chart is hard for your educated ass can understand.

That dear mnk naysayers is your test:

Mnk (A) with 203 guard will do alot better than Mnk (B) with 159 guard, its a fact and thats why we that preach guard skill is not useless bother to keep training it. That is also the reason we take the time to keep this data collected from our experiences down for others to see, ant one that bothered to solo train their guard from "F" rating to "C" rating versus the same mob same lv will know that.

You cheat your way to gain levels before truely understanding this basic fact are just wasting your time, if you dont still get it GTFO guard is a waste to you period.
    Shinjaku is one of the Alla MNK forum's resident trolls. He proclaims himself the master of all things Guard, and the above is his explanation of how the skill rating system works. We've all been doing it wrong for years.

He has the basic principle of "Higher skill = more effective" down, but his reasoning for that principle is quite interesting. An A rating for him means that you have a certain level skill against a particular mob, rather than referring to what that skill caps at.
    all i have to say is holy shit LOL

This guy was in my LS, no joke. I had no clue he was a resident alla troll. This self proclaimed guard attitude made him the ass end of ALL jokes whenever someone announced a guard/parry/shield skillup level in /ls. I wasnt an officer at a time so im not sure why he is part of the LS but Im sure his inactiveness/absence due to his l33t guarding adventures was a big part.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

considering Celly o is accusing him of lieing, because it's 'impossible' to do something that most people in this thread know is possible, I'd say he's pretty wrong.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And you obviously enjoy a radical approach to a traditional routine in Dynamis areas, to further push the boundries of what a person says can or cannot be accomplished.
    Calling clearing a city "radical" is beyond me.

I never (personally) killed DL with 25 people but I know others have (in fact my old LS did it several months after I left.) I don't post on people's threads that it is impossible though...since I never even attempted it.

I'm sorry that some guy thinks it takes 64 BLM's to fully clear a city, it's not my fault that someone in his LS never stopped to look at what was effecient and what wasn't. I didn't really have to "lead" our dynamis though, most of the people were plenty intelligent and all-around not clueless. When I did catch people slacking it was addressed to ensure that our focus was on spending 3 hours of our lives clearing the fuckin zone and not skilling up archery.

After the discussion started I spent alot of time explaining how you do it and what hints/tricks/whatever can be done. The thread is full of RDM's who thought that standing around refreshing was boring as hell and did nothing else. That should tell you right there that they didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing. I agree the "traditional" approach is to stand around and pick your ass while everyone else does the work, and in that respect everyone is a "traditional" retard. When I did dynamis I never stopped casting for 3 hours, whether it was sleeps/debuffs/cures/refreshes/whatever.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alla has its uses but it has a lot more stink then rosy fields. If you can sift through the ton of BS you might find some decent info, especially on items with mystery effects. User provided information needs to be scrutinized but I dont dismiss it as a last resort. It still is humorous seeing the grade A+ lawn rotting horseshit like in these posts. Another win thread XD, keep it coming.

Masterofshade

Clearing with 25 shouldn't be too hard. Several well geared/merited people, a healthy dash of BLMs... I've personally never done it, I've lceared asstok with like 50 and 40 mins to spare in my old LS, but a lot of them weren't geared/merited well (I wasn't back then either).

If I could get into an LS where everyone actually tried (seeing a WAR unlocking hid Dagger Latent for Evis... >.>; ugh) were well merited and geared maybe.

Sadly 90% of the people on Pandy are either retarded, unmerited, badly geared, assholes, or a random combo of each (all in the case of a certain BLM/RDM that frequents these forums).

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Clearing with 25 shouldn't be too hard. Several well geared/merited people, a healthy dash of BLMs...
    Doesn't really take too much, no more than 4 for cities. The problem I saw with most shells is they put BLM's on sleeping duty. Have them sub /NIN and each take 1-2 statues as they are pulled (90% of city pulls in a 25ish group need to be less than 4 stats unless it's forced), good BLM's can easily solo stats. They stay alive with Aspir/Drain, should rarely need heals. Also since they don't touch normal mobs they just rest if they need (in my experience they rarely needed to with utsusemi and Aspir available.)

Leave the sleeping to RDM's, done.

Statues don't even cast in bastok; you don't need to be /nin as a blm. Quadavs don't have any AoE ws either, so it's not like you're getting flak from the main group.

We've cleared to the 30min extension @ zeruhn and wiped/timed out with 12 people after popping the mobs that give 10min each. Could have done better if we had run sac pulls instead of plowing pretty much everything.

Banned.

BG Level

Can someone find that huge wall of text I wrote about a Galka DRK, with Sep raping multiple Galka and belair at the end? I really want to show a friend who plays this game, I told him about it, but I can't find it.

Anyway, this is a good thread.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjaku
    **No STUPID!! You dont know what the hell your talking about or understand what is so simple and plain before you, you know what Nor!! I'm gonna make you look so stupid now for opening you gaddam mouth.

I want you to post link please from mysterytour ----> skill cap chart ---> Skill cap view.

Fact and simple example:

Lv60 = 203 guard skill "A" rating.
    Lv60 = 159 guard skill "F" rating.

**Versus lv60 mob mnk with 159 guard skill base will not do so good vs mnk with 203 guard fighting same mob, plus Mr. STUPID!!! You do know your guard level goes up every level right? So Why dont you get your head out of your arse and get it....Jezz how stupid can you be that simple chart is hard for your educated ass can understand.

That dear mnk naysayers is your test:

Mnk (A) with 203 guard will do alot better than Mnk (B) with 159 guard, its a fact and thats why we that preach guard skill is not useless bother to keep training it. That is also the reason we take the time to keep this data collected from our experiences down for others to see, ant one that bothered to solo train their guard from "F" rating to "C" rating versus the same mob same lv will know that.

You cheat your way to gain levels before truely understanding this basic fact are just wasting your time, if you dont still get it GTFO guard is a waste to you period.
    Shinjaku is one of the Alla MNK forum's resident trolls. He proclaims himself the master of all things Guard, and the above is his explanation of how the skill rating system works. We've all been doing it wrong for years.

He has the basic principle of "Higher skill = more effective" down, but his reasoning for that principle is quite interesting. An A rating for him means that you have a certain level skill against a particular mob, rather than referring to what that skill caps at.
    all i have to say is holy shit LOL

This guy was in my LS, no joke. I had no clue he was a resident alla troll. This self proclaimed guard attitude made him the ass end of ALL jokes whenever someone announced a guard/parry/shield skillup level in /ls. I wasnt an officer at a time so im not sure why he is part of the LS but Im sure his inactiveness/absence due to his l33t guarding adventures was a big part.
    I've always thought that was because of his reluctance to sub anything beside /SAM on his MNK...

Fucker probably thinks hasso and seigan works on H2H