+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

NFL Playoffs Thread

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's time for NFL playoffs and this is the thread for playoffs discussion. Lets start this thread out with the upcoming first round Wild Card matches.

That matches are as follows with my take on who will win each one.

AFC:

Chiefs vs. Colts

Both of these teams are my AFC favorites. Trent Green and Peyton Manning are two of my favorite quarterbacks, but the terrible rush defense of the Colts is going to bite them in the ass once again as Larry Johnson will run them down. The KC Chiefs are my pick for this match.

Jets vs. Patriots

I pick a Jets win over the Patriots. They've done it before and I think they can do it again. Mangini knows how the Pats' offense works and he'll disect the Patriots play by play. Leon Washington and Chad Pennington will run the ball right down their throats.

NFC:

Seahawks vs. Cowboys

Tony Romo? More like Tony Romoverrated. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good QB, but he's not the Troy Aikman so many people claimed is. He's too mistake prone and I think Lofa Tatupu and the rest of the Seahawks will pressure him as much as possible and cause him to turn the ball over. The Dallas defense is top notch, but it's nothing Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander can't handle. I pick the Seahawks for this match.

Giants vs. Eagles

Another matchup where two teams I really like are playing each other. The Giants have stunk as of late but we know that the offense can play well when they are in a good rythm. I think that this game will be a game where the underdog comes out on top. I'm picking the Giants for this match. It's unlikely because Jeff Garcia and crew are going to rip the Giants' defense to shreds.

Colts-Patriots-Cowboys-Eagles. Thread over.

I like anyways AFC picks, but I like Dahaans NFC picks.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Colts/Pats/Eagles for sure imo. Colts might be up in the air though, they ended the season quite poorly.

Dallas and Seattle are both on horrible skids to end their seasons (Losing to the Lions to end the regular season is not the way to go out that's for sure), and the Seahawks took a bit of a hit on their defense last game. I see it as more of a game of who fucks up the least more then who plays better.

My guess atm is Eagles and Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Cheifs- same reasons

Patriots- I can't go against them in the playoffs, have they proven that they deserve to win this game this season, no. but to me the patriots are like the old shaq and kobe lakers, regular season means jack to them

Cowboys- I want to be more confident in this pick, but Romo has been so bad, that being said I think the Boys D is good enough, and I think Parcells is smart enough to do what he needs to do to win this game, Run Marrion Barber III about 35 times.

Eagles-Hottest team in the NFL right now, mabye a weak scedule but whos the Giants to put the breaks on this.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Colts
    Patriots
    Seahawks
    Eagles.

Chiefs are playing good, but not good enough. Jets have done it before, but wont do it again. Tony romo is ok, but the seahawks fucking own and are going to the superbowl. Giants play like shit time and time again, they come out strong for the first 5-15min of a game then just go downhill severely after that. They cant hold other teams back, and the eagles even though I dislike them, aren't a team you can can score really early then afk the rest of the game on like the giants like to do.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

WOOT GO COWBOYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Colts/Pats/Eagles for sure imo. Colts might be up in the air though, they ended the season quite poorly.

Dallas and Seattle are both on horrible skids to end their seasons (Losing to the Lions to end the regular season is not the way to go out that's for sure), and the Seahawks took a bit of a hit on their defense last game. I see it as more of a game of who fucks up the least more then who plays better.

My guess atm is Eagles and Chargers in the Super Bowl.
    My guess is Saints-Chargers. I have a weird feeling about the Saints, they've looked good all year. Also, it would be a fantastic game which rarely happens for the superbowl...

edit: don't count those damn patriots out though... bastards

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

E-A-G-L-E-S
    EAGLES!

But it hurts to admit that the Saints are probably going to the super bowl out of the NFC.

Edit: also, Colts Pats and Seahawks in the other games. Picking the Colts just because everyone seems to think LJ is gonna run all over them. I think the Jets will have the old "just happy to be here" disease and will not beat NE at home twice, not against Brady/Bilichik (sp) in the playoffs. And just picking the Seahawks based on they seem less-worse than the Cowboys.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Colts vs Chiefs
    I think LJ is gonna shred the Colts D, but I don't know if their defense can keep up with the Colts offense. Colts in this one.

Pats vs Jets
    I wonder if the Jets can pull it off again. The Pats haven't played well lately so I'm going with the Jets in an upset.

Cowboys vs Seahawks
    Both really backed into the playoffs here. I think the Cowboys are stronger and Romo will bounce back.

Eagles vs Giants
    Eagles here. Garcia's gonna pick them apart again I think. Giants are just too weak in my opinion.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

colts/pats/seahawks/giants

I think LJ wont even get the chance to own the colts D if the colts offense can jump to a quick big lead and force them chiefs to pass all day

Pats cause its just dumb to ever bet against them D:

Romo hasnt looked so hot the last few weeks but i think he'll play pretty well this week. cowboys lose due to at least 2 missed fieldgoals though

and giantsss cause i just have a hard as hell time believing jeff garcia can keep playing as good as he has been

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    Colts-Patriots-Cowboys-Eagles. Thread over.
    can I get an aaaaamen?

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Chiefs are playing good, but not good enough. Jets have done it before, but wont do it again. Tony romo is ok, but the seahawks fucking own and are going to the superbowl. Giants play like shit time and time again, they come out strong for the first 5-15min of a game then just go downhill severely after that. They cant hold other teams back, and the eagles even though I dislike them, aren't a team you can can score really early then afk the rest of the game on like the giants like to do.
    As you can all see, I bolded the retarded part of this post.

Seahawks are going to the superbowl? lol?

It awes me how you talk about the Giants always comming out strong when 15 of Eli's 24TD passes have come in the 2nd half. Whats funnier is werent the Giants the ones who came back from a 17 point deficit to beat the Eagles (in philly) this season? Everyones talking about Jeff Garcia like hes not the same Jeff Garcia that sucked ass in cleveland.

I mean think about it. Tiki Barber/Plax/Shockey/(Manning)

vs. Jeff Garcia?

Problem is Plax isn't good, Shockey can't catch passes that smack him in the hands and Eli is just a god awful QB. I give you Tiki, he's a guaranteed 110 yards.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay
    It awes me how you talk about the Giants always comming out strong when 15 of Eli's 24TD passes have come in the 2nd half. Whats funnier is werent the Giants the ones who came back from a 17 point deficit to beat the Eagles (in philly) this season? Everyones talking about Jeff Garcia like hes not the same Jeff Garcia that sucked ass in cleveland.

I mean think about it. Tiki Barber/Plax/Shockey/(Manning)

vs. Jeff Garcia?
    E. Manning 28/40 282 70.0 7.1 1 12 0td 2int
    T. Barber 19c 75yds 3.9 1td (including a 14 yd run in the fourth quarter)

Yes the eagles blew a 17 point lead in week 2.

Unfortunately they played three weeks ago, and those would be the offensive stats of two players you mentioned, and this was at home. With Jeff Garcia at quarterback. If 11 Jeff Garcia's played defense then you'd be on to something.

Not guaranteeing an eagles win or anything, but you should look at the season as a whole, not just a game that happened 4 months ago.

Edit: I'm not much of a Jeff Garcia fan either, but I loves me some Brian Westbrook.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Dont get me wrong im not saying that the Giants are something special here. I just think its retarded for someone to say that "you cant go afk" on the Eagles as if its impossible to come back against them. Tiki Barber just rushed for 250 his last game, and im sure he'll do fine against philly and their 25th rated rush defense.

The last meeting between the Giants and Philly, Garcia threw for 237 with 1td, 1int, and a lost fumble. Those numbers arent amazing by anyones standards so why the hell are people talking like hes good?

One thing about the NFL is that everyone loves to hype the shit out of backup QBs. Harrington, Huard, Garrard, Brad Johnson, lolRomo, etc etc all got their dicks sucked by announcers/espn analyzers for their first few weeks in starting roles.

Point is, theyre all backups for a reason and Tiki & co. will prove that this weekend.

Demosthenes11

Dont get me wrong im not saying that the Giants are something special here. I just think its retarded for someone to say that "you cant go afk" on the Eagles as if its impossible to come back against them. Tiki Barber just rushed for 250 his last game, im sure he'll do fine against philly.

The last meeting between the Giants and Philly, Garcia threw for 237 with 1td, 1int, and a lost fumble. Those numbers arent good by anyones standards so why the hell are people talking like hes good?

One thing about the NFL is that everyone loves to overrate backup QBs. Harrington, Huard, Garrard, Brad Johnson, Romo, etc etc all got their dicks sucked by announcers/espn analyzers for their first few weeks in starting roles.

Point is, theyre all backups for a reason and Tiki & co. will prove that this weekend.
    Will prove it like Manning has been proving the second half of the season? The guy looks like absolute shit. The Giants have been playing like a steaming pile of shit lately as well. There is NO reason to think they will win this game, especially with Philly not losing lately and them being at home. Garcia has never really had OUTSTANDING numbers, even when he was a pro-bowl QB with SF. He is efficient as hell though, and that's the best thing to have in the playoffs. I'd say 27-10 Philly

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Dont get me wrong im not saying that the Giants are something special here. I just think its retarded for someone to say that "you cant go afk" on the Eagles as if its impossible to come back against them. Tiki Barber just rushed for 250 his last game, im sure he'll do fine against philly.

The last meeting between the Giants and Philly, Garcia threw for 237 with 1td, 1int, and a lost fumble. Those numbers arent good by anyones standards so why the hell are people talking like hes good?

One thing about the NFL is that everyone loves to overrate backup QBs. Harrington, Huard, Garrard, Brad Johnson, Romo, etc etc all got their dicks sucked by announcers/espn analyzers for their first few weeks in starting roles.

Will prove it like Manning has been proving the second half of the season? The guy looks like absolute shit. The Giants have been playing like a steaming pile of shit lately as well. There is NO reason to think they will win this game, especially with Philly not losing lately and them being at home. Garcia has never really had OUTSTANDING numbers, even when he was a pro-bowl QB with SF. He is efficient as hell though, and that's the best thing to have in the playoffs. I'd say 27-10 Philly
    Dude, Aaroon Brooks was in that same probowl lol. Look where he is now. Hell, Tony Romo is a pro-bowler this year. That shit means nothing as far as im concerned.

I agree Manning is shit, but he shows up when he has to. Philly is hott, no doubt about but both teams matchup well against eachother. This game is up in the air just like the Seahawks/Boys game. I just think its stupid to bet on a backup QB just because hes not playing that bad.

Its not like anyones beating the Saints in the NFC anyways so in the end it all doesnt matter lol. (iunno, maybe the bears have a chance...)

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Washington was even worse against the rush than philly (not by much but still), and Barber still only rushed for 3.9yds a carry at home against the Eagles. Edit: In week 2 at philly, Barber ran 21 times, 2.7yds a carry.

But in the end its a division rivalry with two teams familiar with each other, and all that other cliche jazz. I don't think the Eagles win by more than 10 and I expect both teams to rush the ball often, and I'll take the Eagles O-line and Westbrook over the Giants O-line(lol) and Barber. Westbrook is way underrated, and with Garcia at the helm I think he shines in the playoffs.

And I am, of course, biased.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast