I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The show was better when it was called DBZ.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Okay, so basically I just missed a bunch of random shit like the eps I described in my edit? Nothing about Akatsuki has really been revealed yet? Oh, and is the Save Gaara arc worth watching in your opinion?

Edit again >_>: I didn't read the manga, I always downloaded the full episodes every week, FYI. Don't know if that has to do with where I stopped in the show.
    Yeah, the episodes following 135 up to 220 were all filler and mean absolutely nothing to the real story/manga plot, so no worries there. I caught them on youtube, but I only have 1-135 archives. Can't wait for DB to finish this one to start a new folder.. hoorah. (Goes to buy a new harddrive.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama
    Okay, so basically I just missed a bunch of random shit like the eps I described in my edit? Nothing about Akatsuki has really been revealed yet? Oh, and is the Save Gaara arc worth watching in your opinion?

Edit again >_>: I didn't read the manga, I always downloaded the full episodes every week, FYI. Don't know if that has to do with where I stopped in the show.
    Yeah, the episodes following 135 up to 220 were all filler and mean absolutely nothing to the real story/manga plot, so no worries there. I caught them on youtube, but I only have 1-135 archives. Can't wait for DB to finish this one to start a new folder.. hoorah. (Goes to buy a new harddrive.)
    the fillers basically started after naruto and saske fought at the waterfall. the last 75 episodes are pretty low quality so no worries there.

E. Body
    BG Level

Alright, thanks. Anyone know offhand where the Gaara story starts? Which episode? I'm gonna try to catch up on youtube.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Alright, thanks. Anyone know offhand where the Gaara story starts? Which episode? I'm gonna try to catch up on youtube.
    Like 4 episodes ago?

edit: 216

E. Body
    BG Level

Oh, it JUST began? Thought it was part of that 75 episode-filler. Alright, thanks.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It was part of the 80ish episode filler. It was like.. 3 or 4 episodes. Though there is another arc including Gaara beginning now in Shippuden (Time skip, after fillers of Naruto) so yeah.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah, I've read ahead in the manga a little (got to around 309) and I don't quite get the big theme of the last filler mission. Kinda messes with the first big mission after the timeskip storyline-wise. But whatever, can't wait until it's out!

Less anime more manga. Manga is up to 'new' Naruto vs Akatsuki in SOLO FIGHTS okay? You only watch the anime if you like slow stupid punishment.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I never saw Akatsuki mentioned in 220. What the fuck is that, is it important that I missed that having skipped from like 140-220?

Akatsuki is a group of S-Class missing nin, each from one of the different nations. Orochimaru used to be in it, but he left 'cause he's a huge faggot. Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame are in it (Sasuke's older brother and the shark looking guy).

They become the main focus later on in the manga, which will be like episode 600696474 in the anime. I'd explain it more thoroughly but I'd ruin it for you anime watching bewbs.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Akatsuki is basically what was described and mentioned in the latter half in an episode or few with Itachi and Kisame. (The wierd fishhead guy, and Sasuke's brother.) So yeah, we'll find out lots more up with the new episodes.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Umm...I may be confused but the rescue gaara arc Saga wants to know about is probably the part 2, not the ones from the filler. Although I'll admit, it's one of the better filler arcs.

At any rate, the REAL rescue Gaara arc will soon start.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I never saw Akatsuki mentioned in 220. What the fuck is that, is it important that I missed that having skipped from like 140-220?

you didn't miss much 140-220. in 220, there are two akatsuki members heading over to the sand village. you will be really shocked by what the lizard shape guy is underneath that cloak. you will find out in about 10 episodes if not later. it's fucking unbelievable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer
    Umm...I may be confused but the rescue gaara arc Saga wants to know about is probably the part 2, not the ones from the filler. Although I'll admit, it's one of the better filler arcs.

At any rate, the REAL rescue Gaara arc will soon start.
    *Spoilers Maybe.*

The Rescue Gaara Arc will probably be the first main thing in Shippuden. It's not the last filler story in Naruto, but the first major arc in Shippuden / Post Time Skip.

Akatsuki was mentioned quite a few times in the anime, there was quite a bit on it too right before/during the Tsunade part when Itachi and Kisame go after Naruto.

In the Manga, the Time Skip takes place right after the fight between Sasuke and Naruto at the waterfall. When Jiraiya talks to Naruto when he is at the Hospital, in the Manga he goes off to Train with him. But in the Anime he didn't, and they proceeded to fill with with Fillers. Then during this last filler story, he ended up in the hospital again, and Jiraiya returned to take him away. So if you missed all the fillers, it's ok cuz they weren't really anything special anyways.

I'm not really too pumped about the Anime since I already know what happens, but it'll still be nice to see the animation and stuff like that. The Manga is good to see though, and for those of you who keep up with it. It seems like during the last few mangas there had been quite a bit of Foreshadowing that is somewhat bringing this to an end. At least that's how it felt to me, not that it's gonna end right away, but that there isn't really much further to go.

Only anime episodes I watch are the ones that show the Sasuke vs Naruto fight in that valley of whatever. :O Animation is sexy during those few episodes.

90ANG/45MEX IMO
    BG Level

Well, what I was trying to point out was that the last filler arc of the anime involved the konoha genins backing up the sand genins (repaying the favor). I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any misconception but I probably worded it wrong and blah.....
    anyway Naruto Shippuuden will be great...The manga is just getting insane..

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by finale23
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

you didn't miss much 140-220. in 220, there are two akatsuki members heading over to the sand village. you will be really shocked by what the lizard shape guy is underneath that cloak. you will find out in about 10 episodes if not later. it's fucking unbelievable.
    Yeah, I personally can't wait for that. It's awesome to say the least.

Either way, I personally can't wait. I'm completely caught up on the manga as well, but I still would like to see the fights animated, it's always enjoyable.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah, I'm not very good at visualizing things so I'm just waiting for the anime to see it all. As well, there should be no way Naruto is ending anytime soon, maybe the current arc, but the fillers were that long because Naruto has a planned out story for quite a while. It's supposed to be 1.5 mangas per anime episode and the manga has about 100 chapters on the anime atm. So by the time the anime catches up to the current manga, it'll be over a year and yeah, basically by the time the anime catches the manga again (i.e. when fillers have to come in) is in like 3 years. So there shouldn't be filler for quite some time.

Most of the fillers are nothing special, especially 170-215, but I enjoyed the first 20-30 fillers overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Only anime episodes I watch are the ones that show the Sasuke vs Naruto fight in that valley of whatever. :O Animation is sexy during those few episodes.
    ep 134 was it? god that was the best anime fight scene i have ever fucking seen.... ive redownloaded it 3 time lol