Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Thanks, I'll add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    Sage Sundi sez that ToAU will be mostly solo content! Solo zones!
    http://web.archive.org/web/200601110528 ... _sundi.php
    I was wondering where that nugget of gold had gone.

That is a very nice and definitive list.

Thank you for making this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Reading this now, with more knowledge of CoP, is disgusting. Nothing has been improved...Most of the stuff he talks about has never been tweaked or even implemented :/

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I dunno about you, but I loved soloing Colibri (for real exp) on Drg. So there is some truth to that even if it is very situational.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine
    Thanks, I'll add it.

I was wondering where that nugget of gold had gone.
    Considering you can level PUP and BLU to 30+ solo.

Considering the first 12? missions are all CS.

Considering the requirements to getting a ferry to AlZhabi.

Considering half the introductory quests took place in-town.

Considering the AF for the new jobs didn't require key hunting.

Considering... well...that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but that's quite a bit of stuff you can solo.

Plus if you consider that Besegied, and Assault are OK for small 3-6 person groups that's pretty awesome.

and if you remember when CoP was released... you climbed the promivions with an ALLIANCE (before it was nerfed). That's a HUGE contrast to ToAU.

Im gonna agree with Sage on this one, the new expansion is very solo-friendly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

LOL no its not.... soloing a blu or pup to 30+ is inefficient. Thats not real solo content. any job can get tp 30 solo but it will take 100x longer to do it. Just because BST was able to lvl solo doesnt mean the original ffxi was "solo friendly". Just because teh eraly missions are Cutscenes is not solo friendly. The key for the boat is not the definition of solo content.... The AF didnt require key hunting, but it required other fights with Nms. Besieged is not a "solo" event, and neither is Assault. Youre using semantics to define solo content, so by your definition of solo conetnt, solo content has been in the game since day 1.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

and if you remember when CoP was released... you climbed the promivions with an ALLIANCE (before it was nerfed). That's a HUGE contrast to ToAU.
    I've done everything pre nerf, and we never used alliance to climb promyvion. And yes, I'm talking about the buffed stray, and 30sec teleport added to the shitty anima drop rate with 1h wait

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

WOW, Ninjiz... did you even READ my post before you decided to disagree with all of it??!

Im not saying you can solo Besiged Captain Obvious, I'm saying you DONT NEED a PT to go to besieged, you can walk right on in, wack a few monsters, cure a few poeple, ect. -ALL BY YOUR LONESOME- If you had acutally read my post you would have seen that I said "...Besegied, and Assault are OK for small 3-6 person groups..." and in no way mentioned that you will solo besieged.

and if soloing pup and blu to 30 was inefficent for you then you didn't really understand the jobs Im afraid. I made at least 100 exp of EVERY monster that I took out from 1-30 on both jobs, this (for me) was way more efficent then waiting for a PT invite, going to loldunes or qifum just to find out the pt wasnt all that great.

"The Dolphin Crest" was the first mission that required help from friends, it's mission 14. How far did you get in the orginal... probably Mission 2-3 Dragon. Zilart? Mission 4. CoP? 1-2. Consdiering their are 24 missions in ToAU (at this very moment) you could have SOLOd half it's missions already (and thats not even counting all the solo stuff AFTER mission 14).

as for AF, Im speaking on personal experience, BLM, SMN, RDM, and BST AF's are not as solo friendly as BLU, COR and PUPs were. The first NM for EACH of these I was able to solo. For BLM, SMN, and BST I needed help with Keys, I needed help with Dark Spark, I needed help with the final NM. However, with PUP COR and BLU, I solod the first NM, -didnt- need help getting keys so the next THREE AFs were all me, and then in a grounp of 3 people (not even a full PT) was able to get the 3 new jobs hats.

Maybe my definition of solo is skewed?? Anything that doesn't require a PT I consider solo.

and Kaylia, good for you, the Alliance made it way more difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2