BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Full Metal Panic

Ok so I'm nearing the end of watching FMP: 2nd raid (starting EP 9 now) and I just read that the series ends with it at 13 episodes.

It feels like with only 4 EP left no matter what they do the series will end too abruptly.

Are there any plans to continue the anime itself or did they abandon it and just leave the story to only be told in the manga?

I really really enjoy this series, I think it's one of my favorites in a long time, but it feels like 13 episodes will be rushing to the end of what so far has been an incredible series.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

There might be a 4th season, but don't worry I felt the second's raid ending is sweet. It's one of my most favorite series ever, and definitely my favorite out of the 3 FMP series so far, including ending.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It doesn't cop out or rush into the ending, it's actually very, very well paced all the way to the end.

No filler FTW.

FMP is consistently tops my all-time favorite anime lists.

Be sure you check out the 2nd Raid OAV: Tessa's Day Off.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

It's a good ending that suits it pretty well actually.

Fumoffu > Second Raid though... Haha.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i soo wish a new season of fmp one of my favs

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FMP is based off a series of novels, which is still ongoing. I read the next season's worth already (someone translated the novel into English). I'm guessing it'll be made into anime sooner or later.

According to the author, the season after The Second Raid is the last of the short and sweet story lines that can be finished in one season. After that, the plot will be too big to contain within one season.

Btw, hi sath! I'm still alive... just... taking a semester off from FFXI. My brother started playing again, so if you see my char online, it's him 2boxing.

EDIT:
    The link below goes to a fangroup that is translating the novels. Click / download / read at your own risk. Personally, I found it helpful to read in addition to just watching the anime series, because these novels show what the characters are thinking.

** Spoilers **
    http://www.boku-tachi.net/pr_fmpnovels.html

A. Body
    BG Level

the second to last novel "reunite and make my day" just ended (cuz the author said next one will be last) and i thought it kicks ass

well, i guess if you like the story past "dancing very merry xmas" then you'll like the rest of the story but, it gets pretty dark for a bit after that, as in not the schoolyard comedy + typical gundam mecha drama like you've seen so far in the anime

i dunno, brandi's translation is really good but it's also 2 books behind, and i don't think there's anybody else doing translations for the series

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Most all anime finish within 2 eps, sadly, usually its just one ep. From what I can remember, RMP2 finishes up nicely, plus there is an OVA out there that covers Tessa.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunade
    FMP is based off a series of novels, which is still ongoing. I read the next season's worth already (someone translated the novel into English). I'm guessing it'll be made into anime sooner or later.

According to the author, the season after The Second Raid is the last of the short and sweet story lines that can be finished in one season. After that, the plot will be too big to contain within one season.

Btw, hi sath! I'm still alive... just... taking a semester off from FFXI. My brother started playing again, so if you see my char online, it's him 2boxing.

EDIT:
    The link below goes to a fangroup that is translating the novels. Click / download / read at your own risk. Personally, I found it helpful to read in addition to just watching the anime series, because these novels show what the characters are thinking.

** Spoilers **

Hi Tsu! good to see you and thanks for the link!

I just got back from a break I took since the end of December so no worries I haven't been around either

FMP is just such an incredible series, even if they spill the story over into two seasons I really hope they do it.

Would be completely worth it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunade

EDIT:

** Spoilers **

Awesome! Thank you!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alexel
    There might be a 4th season, but don't worry I felt the second's raid ending is sweet. It's one of my most favorite series ever, and definitely my favorite out of the 3 FMP series so far, including ending.
    yep, there will be 4th season soon. I believe it will come out around fall in this year or next year. And there is a new mecha for sousuke too

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

2nd season end smootly because it simply end a small arc of the story. There is a lot more comming with Tesla's brother in the next season.

It would be hard to believe they ever cancel that anime. It's kinda popular

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexel
    yep, there will be 4th season soon. I believe it will come out around fall in this year or next year. And there is a new mecha for sousuke too
    new mecha for sousuke? lol

his next mecha will be at least two seasons away, and it's after mithril gets wiped out... and it's a savage XDDD

plus AL is not just a mecha in FMP, he's like a major character... even now that sousuke gets a newer/better mecha in the newest novel the AI is still AL

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I don't use a white background, so it took me a few seconds to realize you were trying to hide a spoiler. Not that I really mind.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Wow I hate Verizon, my internet has been out since I made my last post.

Anyways we finished TSR and WOW we were amazed, it was so good for such a small story arc.

We have a few questions though (as we have not read the mangas but are looking to start maybe)

The woman who was in the fat guy suit watching Kaname (who you see with the chinese IB official near the end) who is she? Since ep 10-11? I was convinced it was Mao, but it seemed like that would be too much of a plot hole (always guarding kaname she would never be available for missions) even though Mao was the one who brought kaname to Hong Kong.

I don't know, we were confused and wondering if the manga explained it or if it will be next season.

Is there a site with any info on the upcoming season? I'm very excited.

Just started downloading Tessa's day out as well, and just to be clear; this is the only EP that appears outside of the set seasons for seasons 1 and 2 and Fumoffu correct? (we've definitely seen all EP of 1 2 and Fumoffu but if it wasn't for this thread I would have never known of tessa's day out)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yea it's not that great lol. It's 100% Tessa fanservice and an ode to those that are hoping for the Tessa + Sousuke love to develop.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Nothing wrong with fanservice. Fans of non-cacnonical pairings deserve a little love sometimes too.

A. Body
    BG Level

the woman is from mithril's intelligence division to monitor kaname... if you haven't realized, sousuke isn't as much as a body guard as actually a bait for the enemies to come out of hiding so mithril can eliminate them (it's sad i know)

also there isn't really a manga for FMP at least officially (there are tons of dojins thou). the anime is adapted from the popular novel series, or light novel, which is a growing form of entertainment media in japan that's starting to rivel mangas. the series has been published monthly by "dragon magazine"

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Good news, everybody~

http://sgcafe.com/2014/09/new-full-m...king-comeback/

Could finally be the next season of either FMP or FMP: FUMOFFU, but we'll have to see.

*edit*
    Maybe somebody could move this to Bentertainment Geekly - Anime?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

it's okay to make a new thread lol