+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth
    We have Panda Express here which is basically a fast food chinese place. It's less than $5 for a 2 entree meal. Double Orange Chicken 4tw. >.>
    Sad to say that most Chinese places here in Buffalo are "fast food" Chinese places. You know the ones I'm talking about...they're in a plaza usually where there's a grocery store...nestled in between a Super Cuts and a pet store, or the pet store is now the Chinese restaurant...it's about 10 feet wide and the menu is up above the counter with pictures of the food. The girl/woman working the desk is usually very cranky and in no mood for your bullshit.

There's really only 1 sit down place in Buffalo that I know of, and the food is actually pretty decent. The other places are just....ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sesame Chicken, but I've noticed what these closet shops do is basically deep fry the chicken before hand and it's just sitting there in a giant bowl the entire day getting soggy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I throw all the entrees in a skillet, add a couple tablespoons of water, cover it and heat it for about 5 min on med-low heat.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Sad to say that most Chinese places here in Buffalo are "fast food" Chinese places. You know the ones I'm talking about...they're in a plaza usually where there's a grocery store...nestled in between a Super Cuts and a pet store, or the pet store is now the Chinese restaurant...it's about 10 feet wide and the menu is up above the counter with pictures of the food. The girl/woman working the desk is usually very cranky and in no mood for your bullshit.

There's really only 1 sit down place in Buffalo that I know of, and the food is actually pretty decent. The other places are just....ugh.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sesame Chicken, but I've noticed what these closet shops do is basically deep fry the chicken before hand and it's just sitting there in a giant bowl the entire day getting soggy.
    That sounds bad, ours are really good. ;/

That sounds bad, ours are really good. ;/
    There's a few awesome ones in Rochester, NY, where I grew up, so I was really spoiled with Chinese food restaurants. Then I came to Buffalo and I was like "WTF is this shit?"

I mean...Rochester had really nice sit down places. You go in, you get a seat with white table cloth, they're playing that Chinese music, the waiter is around every 30 seconds to fill your glass of water. I mean, the service is just amazing.

Maybe Chinese people in Buffalo are just lazy or can't afford to set up a class establishment.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Down here in San Diego, we have a number of "$1" Chinese food places. The sign is a bit dated now, however, as the food is generally up to $1.29 now, but still an amazing deal for slightly better than mediocre chinese food. Last week I ended up getting 9 entrees for 2 people (I always over-order so I have lunch at work the next day) and it came to just under $12.

Sure, it was far from the best for almost all of the entrees (however, the Lo Mein was actually very good) but the food is always hot (so I don't worry about dying from bad food) and the place is always packed.

To answer OP, I just mass-nuke everything as it was never really that high of quality to begin with. Only with very good food will I go out of my way to re-heat using alternate methods, but when I do, for sauces, I generally will add a small amount of water for reconstitute it on the stovetop and will usually add a bit of the key ingredients for said sauce if I happen to have them. Otherwise, I generally use the oven for re-heating of the good stuff.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    ive found the perfect way to reheat chinese food is to just fucking order more of it lol the shits cheap as hell anyways
    That is totally opposite from the way it is where I live

Chinese food is the most expensive thing I could order for. They have the combination plates for like $7, but if you don't like those, the appetizers are $7 EACH, and if you want something gewd too, like some General Gao's, or Sesame chicken, thats another $10 just for either of those ; ;
    You forget Xiona is rich. Xiona also does not like ramen, because of it's cheapness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

dammit you guys lol i wanted chinese so bad i walked 20 minutes to get it on lunch lol, i just got back. It only cost $10 for a combo with wings, sweet n sour chicken, rice, and a side of sesame chicken. that is so super cheap compared to the places close to where i actually live

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Depends, for rice I'll reheat it with a little bit of water, but if I'm like waking up in the middle of the night with a craving, I'll find 4 day old chinese food sitting under a desk somewhere and just eat it.

Salmonella ftw.

now if only there was a way to reheat tacos so they aren't all soggy...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Take the stuff out of the shell and reheat it, put back in shell after?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

That sounds like a lot of work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

i use milk to reheat my pasta. but thats italian food which is creamy, not sure how that would do on Chinese food.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

And I thought I was lazy. o.O

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

And I thought I was lazy. o.O
    rofl. well yknow, for something so small :\ yeah ok its true ; ;

The real question is, why would you ever let tacos go to the leftover stage?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The real question is, why would you ever let tacos go to the leftover stage?
    I actually just eat them cold lol.

I finish my Chinese Food and/or taco bell the first go 'round, I don't even try and reheat it.

Ryko's Full of Lies and Johns
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryuu Akaneiro
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Dunemaul

We have Panda Express here which is basically a fast food chinese place. It's less than $5 for a 2 entree meal. Double Orange Chicken 4tw. >.>
    <_< There's other quick chinese places around here, besides Panda.

I personally prefer them, too.

I like to cook it in a skillet as well. Microwave is no good for Chinese food.

In Gainesville we have a couple of good Chinese delivery places that are super cheep. We have this awesome Pan-Asian place called Chopsticks that's just plain amazing. They have everything you could ever want. Traditional Japanese Noodle Bowls, Vietnamese dishes, Thai Food. All of it is amazing!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Eat that shit cold, it's just as good cold as it is hot.