Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Dynamis - "Recent" Unannounced Changes?

Has any noticed any unannounced/ninja changes to dynamis recently?

In particular
    • San d'Oria
      * The SE and SW gate mob pathing has changed, making it a LOT easier to pull without linking the NMs[/*:m:ae0f2]
    • Windurst
      * Blue/Green-eyed statues are (now) physically resistant
      * Maybe only Xarcabard Blue/Green-eyed statues were super weak to melee?[/*:m:ae0f2]

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Dynamis - "Recent" Unannounced Changes?

Xarc statue are weak to melee? I thought they just had really low hp (like 700 or something)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Xarc statue are weak to melee? I thought they just had really low hp (like 700 or something)
    If I remember correctly, the Xarcabard (Blue/Green/Time Extension) statues have ~1,000 hp and are easily soloable by a melee job.

I've personally soloed quite a few as thief.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

xarc stones are retardedly weak to anything

i'll check out the sandoria gates tomorrow night

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Delenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    If I remember correctly, the Xarcabard (Blue/Green/Time Extension) statues have ~1,000 hp and are easily soloable by a melee job.

I've personally soloed quite a few as thief.
    idk about meleeing them but i can confirm 1k HP as I just one shot them on BLM, lol. I have watched our THF beat the crap out of the HP stat by the DRG,SAM,RNG NMs before though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Thought it was less than 1k cause thunder 3 one shot them. Never really paid attention to them

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

could be a little less idk, I always hit them for just over 1k and they go down but I watched another BLM hit for like 700 and it was only like 3/4 dead.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Those statues have no attack or accuracy, you can just grab your staff and slap it dead instead of wasting mp <.<

Relic Horn
    BG Level

[*]Windurst
    * Maybe only Xarcabard Blue/Green-eyed statues were super weak to melee?[/list]
    All Windurst statues were always totally physically resistant from my experience.
    A lot of Bastok HP/MP statues were physically weak, but not all. Maybe about half?
    A lot/all? of San d'Oria HP/MP statues were physically weak.
    I don't remember any Jeuno ones being physically weak.
    None of Xarcabards statues have any resistance, since the resistance is given to the eyes.

For the past several months the statues in San d'Oria will sometimes just stop all together after I have pulled them.

I pull, it spawns its mobs.. I run the mobs to alliance, run back for the statue and it's just standing there.. I still have hate on it, and it'll thwack me if I walk up to it.. But otherwise it acts like that statue in the very back of Jeuno.

Actually, most of the really jacked up things I've seen in Dynamis tend to be San d'Oria for some reason... Though the time the Jeuno Boss despawned on us right after the MPK patch was a bit odd..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

finished sandy, it all was working properly and no ninja edits to any wandering statue placement.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've searched the forums and this is kinda unrelated to the topic at hand but has anybody ever stolen 100 coins before in dynamis? Not too sure on how credible it is from the wiki pages, but it states that they can be stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox
    I've searched the forums and this is kinda unrelated to the topic at hand but has anybody ever stolen 100 coins before in dynamis? Not too sure on how credible it is from the wiki pages, but it states that they can be stolen.
    if they could, i'd have lvled thf by now. while i obviously can't prove it, if it could be done, i'd have seen it done by now. i guess you could try stealing from statues. i don't think i've ever seen anyone try that. wouldn't hold my breath either though.

In particular[list][*]San d'Oria
    * The SE and SW gate mob pathing has changed, making it a LOT easier to pull without linking the NMs
    I did notice in our run tonight that the gate statues came straght at me. In the past, they would tend to move in a V or something and then walk right in front of the archway. The solution to this was to just stay near it so it wouldn't do that weird pathing thing.. Anyways, I was unable to get it to do that at all tonight, even when I tried. I would say it's more likely that they tweaked pathing AI overall, and not just one specific Dynamis zone... but this one run wasn't conclusive enough for me to say if one has been done or not.

edit: I've never seen anyone ever steal a 100 piece from any of the 200+ Dynamis runs I've attended/led.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kix
    [ I've never seen anyone ever steal a 100 piece from any of the 200+ Dynamis runs I've attended/led.
    Obviously you steal them from the mob that drops the 10,000 pieces

In particular
    • San d'Oria
      * The SE and SW gate mob pathing has changed, making it a LOT easier to pull without linking the NMs[/*:m:18e0e]
    • Windurst
      * Maybe only Xarcabard Blue/Green-eyed statues were super weak to melee?[/*:m:18e0e]
    Windy statue melee: Seen it in windy recently (last run on the 27th June) when we had 2 BLM for the 4 stat east bridge pull and 1 died. Can definately be meleed though it can get messy and itsnt recomended unless have to due to TP moves AOE damage. So unless this has changed in the last week I say they still can be killed.

And all the Xarca stats have very low HP and def and can all be 1 shotted by a lot of melee WS or SMN. Fenrir took a time extension from full with 1 one bite other night. RNG barrage is very nice one to kill them too.