+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    A well done anime is usually much accessible than a well done manga. The music, visual and fight sequence will always be better on TV imo. Too bad most series end up butchering the manga story, and you end up watching both.
    Generally I agree, but I find the fight scenes in Claymore just as good, mostly better though in the manga. A few times the anime surprised me with something original I was impressed.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Anime is much better than a manga form if the storyline is kept intact.

Manga can never give you the following:

1. Real sound (Music ala- the music makes the first half of Bleach/CowboyBebop/etc)
    2. The actual speed the characters are moving, and no, multiple straight lines around the character doesn't tell you the difference between a flash step and a quick sprint.
    3. Expression of the character other than exclamation points, question marks, periods, and capitalization.
    4. Color? lol not true for all though.
    5. Theres more, but it is 4 AM^^

Edit- On episode 9 now, and Claymore is slowly becoming an all-time favorite if things keep up.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

God I feel stupid, ~spoilers~

I didn't realize that whole Teresa story was a flash back and that Clare was the actual main Clare til episode 13 ></

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

So is Claymore better than D.Gray-Man since I heard that series mentioned in this thread. I'm up to like Ep19 of D.Grayman, though I won't stop watching it. Just seeing if I should maybe check this one out after I catch up on D.Grayman.

From the name of the anime and the few SSs I saw, is it some kind of medieval type of fighting with demons kinda thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall
    Anime is much better than a manga form if the storyline is kept intact.

Manga can never give you the following:

1. Real sound (Music ala- the music makes the first half of Bleach/CowboyBebop/etc)
    2. The actual speed the characters are moving, and no, multiple straight lines around the character doesn't tell you the difference between a flash step and a quick sprint.
    3. Expression of the character other than exclamation points, question marks, periods, and capitalization.
    4. Color? lol not true for all though.
    5. Theres more, but it is 4 AM^^

Edit- On episode 9 now, and Claymore is slowly becoming an all-time favorite if things keep up.
    Well, I disagree on most things. If the mangaka is good, point 2 and 3 aren't even an issue. For point 3, whatever can be expressed in a manga can be expressed in an anime. Difference is you have text and someone screaming. And for point 2, I swear it's amazing how he draws motion and speed. Music and sound effects are nice, but it either works for an anime or works against it. I agree with colour though, some of the scenes and colours in the anime were amazing.

However, It's just gonna get harder and harder for the animation team to keep up with animating awakened beings, especially the next bunch you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vannis
    God I feel stupid, ~spoilers~

I didn't realize that whole Teresa story was a flash back and that Clare was the actual main Clare til episode 13 ></
    Lol, that got me too, which is why people say Claymore gets even better after a while. I laughed the first time I saw the intro to Claymore, since people were gonna be think Claire and Teresa would fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl
    So is Claymore better than D.Gray-Man since I heard that series mentioned in this thread. I'm up to like Ep19 of D.Grayman, though I won't stop watching it. Just seeing if I should maybe check this one out after I catch up on D.Grayman.
    Claymore is better and it's not even close. Actually I think the animators butchered D.Gray-man and it's quite crap with the never-ending fillers...

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by kazen
    Was watching Claymore today, it started off slow and it became amazing, on ep 10 at the moment.
    Damn you caught up quick 8)
    Yeah I can wait till episode 14 comes out. 8)

For those who read the manga

http://www.mangahelpers.com/forums/show ... hp?t=14747

extra chapter/side story

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When do new episodes of this come out usually?

I hate you, Ulmega. I'm addicted. I watched episodes 1-13 in one sitting. I'M SO TIRED BUT I WANT MORE.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Wednesday afternoon some time, I've never really checked exactly when but they're usually up by 6 or 7 PM EST.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Good, if Bleach continues with filler this makes Wednesday a whole lot nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte

I hate you, Ulmega. I'm addicted. I watched episodes 1-13 in one sitting. I'M SO TIRED BUT I WANT MORE.
    Gewwwwwwwwwd!

Also, the chapter I posted is spoiler free, SO READ IT!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Also, the chapter I posted is spoiler free, SO READ IT!
    Not bad, I wonder if they'll make some Teresa OVAs or anything. Still anxiously waiting for ep.14, good thing I'll be able to watch it fairly soon.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fryte

It airs at roughly noon EST tuesdays; eclipse does it in about a day so wednesday anytime after noon.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

fucking lucky star

that shit show gets speed subbed in 4-5 hours, quality subs in less than a day

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    fucking lucky star

Both arent comparable. >_> Lucky star probably has 5 times more dialogues than Claymore.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I'm not sure how that was supposed to make me less angry.

Subbers = stupid.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    fucking lucky star

i agree.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Thought you were saying claymore get subbed faster than lucky star, I need to go to bed. Either way, both sub are 1 day after release..nothing worth getting stressed over. Dunno who subs it in 5hours..never seen those

...and lucky star isn't shit >_> not the best anime out there but still decent.

Lucky Channel is the only thing that pulls it through. Anyway, enough talk about that crappy anime >.>