Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Claymore

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Lucky Channel is the only thing that pulls it through. Anyway, enough talk about that crappy anime >.>
    There is more than a scene that worth a laugh every week. Stuff like this one, or the one with animate guys are great. To each his own I guess. Either way, if you want the thread to be on topic, it's not a good idea to start bashing on other anime >_>..you know someone will reply.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Lucky Channel is the only thing that pulls it through. Anyway, enough talk about that crappy anime >.>
    There is more than a scene that worth a laugh every week. Stuff like this one, or the one with animate guys are great. To each his own I guess. Either way, if you want the thread to be on topic, it's not a good idea to start bashing on other anime >_>..you know someone will reply.
    Good point. Back to getting trolled on 4chan.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

1 funny scene a week? oh boy.

I gave lucky star a try, I tried watching it until episode 7, it was just terrible. there's so much better this season, especially in comedies, that there is absolutely no fucking reason for lucky star to be subbed as competitively as it is by so many groups.

Watch Hayate no Gotoku or Seto no Hanayome, any given episode of either show is going to be funnier than every lucky star episode I've seen put together.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    1 funny scene a week? oh boy.

I gave lucky star a try, I tried watching it until episode 7, it was just terrible. there's so much better this season, especially in comedies, that there is absolutely no fucking reason for lucky star to be subbed as competitively as it is by so many groups.

Watch Hayate no Gotoku or Seto no Hanayome, any given episode of either show is going to be funnier than every lucky star episode I've seen put together.
    I said "More than one". Correct me if my english is bad to that point and "more than" mean "1". There is a 2-3 awesome moments every week imo, but it's the same for most anime. (with the exception of fomuffu and Excel saga maybe). Beside those 2-3 awesome scenes, half of the episodes usually make me smile, which is enough for me to enjoy the show. Other half is weak punchline, or obscure reference I dont understand, but I will get over it.

Going to download those 2 animes now, was waiting for the season to end before getting them. Not that it matter if they are better or worse than Lucky Star tho, won't change anything to the fact that I enjoy watching LS.

Banned.

BG Level

I was being generous, considering I remember several episodes that were absolutely unfunny. Lucky Star 1 is seriously the worst episode of anime I have ever seen, and I watched Musashi Gundoh.

Grave of the Fireflies is funnier than most Lucky Star episodes.

Seto no Hanayome is ftw I agree :D Lucky Star is more done towards the jp 2ch/niconico crowd and it's definitely *not* for everyone. I happen to like it and it's funnier than Hayate for me.

Banned.

BG Level

Lucky Star is more done towards the jp 2ch/niconico crowd and it's definitely *not* for everyone.
    this argument again!

not only does it never get old, but it's completely valid.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Priran, get the sand out of your vag, or at least get out of my thread. No one cares what you think about Lucky Star.
    You don't like it? Fine, but keep your shit in the Lucky Star thread or on 4chan.

Stop bringing other anime into this Claymore thread.

I'm not even going to give my personal views on Lucky Star or you'll just respond to it and continue to derail this thread further.

Anyway... what do you guys think about there being some Teresa OVAs in the future?

They could make it if the Teresa side story is weekly. Even the 1 chapter story is worthy of an OVA.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quoted you in the other lucky star thread priran.

E. Body
    BG Level

14's out.

Awesome, semi-high expectations for the episode.

edit: pretty awesome episode. didn't let me down at all, lovely animation. My only gripe is how the fight ended, seemed lackluster compared to the manga, however the entire water scene fight was way better in the anime.

next episode will start off slow, but if they get to the good fighting (with the guy you saw in the preview) then it'll be good. In anycase, Claymore's greatness starts from the next episode, everything seen up to now is just a prelude for the awesomeness.

Old Merits
    BG Level

i'll agree, that episode was pretty awesome and i was somewhat dissapointed with the conclusion of the fight as well.

*minor spoilers for ep14 below
    i have been wondering though, will we be seeing any more of irene in the future? they left it pretty ambiguous, though i'm not sure how the outcome would be able to change in irene's favor.
    how does claire "have issues all over her body because of her arm"?
    and what was with the arm's pulse just before orphelia showed up? didnt we already see that claire has an incredable yoki detection radius at the end of the male AB episodes? why does the arm alert her of trouble before her native senses do?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aru
    i'll agree, that episode was pretty awesome and i was somewhat dissapointed with the conclusion of the fight as well.

i have been wondering though, will we be seeing any more of irene in the future? they left it pretty ambiguous, though i'm not sure how the outcome would be able to change in irene's favor.
    and what was with the arm's pulse just before orphelia showed up? didnt we already see that claire has an incredable yoki detection radius at the end of the male AB episodes? why does the arm alert her of trouble before her native senses do?
    claire's detection radius was probably inherited from teresa, who had a very keen sense of yoki control and detection. i am not sure your other questions, i guess we will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by aru

not really spoilers, but read only if you want to know.

Well, timeline wise you we haven't seen Ilena yet. However, with the additional side stories being done about Teresa, I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of Ilena. In the context of the anime though, we won't see her again unless they do OVAs about the side story.

As for the arm thing, because it's attached to her body, when the power flows through the body to the arm sometimes the arm uses up a lot of power from the body.

The arm pulse was just a way to show a reaction to what happened to Ilena, it doesn't mean anything much.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is the anime sticking close to the manga, or they changed some important element so far?

The only changes were at the beginning (like the intro from episode 2 should've been done before the end of episode 1) and somewhat how things were explained (cue the half-human, half-yoma pics again).

The other thing was how Galatea was speaking to her handler during the fight with the male awakened, explaining some of the things miria was supposed to say. they didn't actually show up until the fight ended.

Nothing that important has been missed out, some of the thoughts characters have aren't shown/said (like Priscilla's short monologue when she awakened), those were cool, but not neseccary.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The only changes were at the beginning (like the intro from episode 2 should've been done before the end of episode 1) and somewhat how things were explained (cue the half-human, half-yoma pics again).

The other thing was how Galatea was speaking to her handler during the fight with the male awakened, explaining some of the things miria was supposed to say. they didn't actually show up until the fight ended.

Nothing that important has been missed out, some of the thoughts characters have aren't shown/said (like Priscilla's short monologue when she awakened), those were cool, but not neseccary.

have they shown what's under claymore's clothes? it seems that they are intensionally covering something grotesque underneath.

No, they haven't fully shown what a Claymore's body is like. To be honest I think he forgot about that detail as the manga went on, it also be that only Teresa's body is like that, although I forget if anyone mentions it. You see a fewf naked claymores, mostly from the side and back, few frontal but they all lack any detail. I haven't seen anything like that yet.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Theresa is probably stuck with Yoma boobies after an uncomplete uncomplete awakening that went wrong...that's what I thought >_> They said you can't change back completely to normal when you go over 60% of your power (or is it 80%?).

I kinda want to see how bad they look to make a guy puke tho. I seriously doubt it was disgusting to that point

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast