BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Unable to erase memory for AF

Okay so my friend just came back to the game after thinking he was never going to return. Before he left the game he tossed all his blm AF and relic but now when he tries to get his memory erased to redo the AF quest he is unable to do so.

This is the second time he has tossed his AF so idk if he is unable to get his memory erased because it is the second time or he is missing something.

He spoke to 3 gms about it and the first two told him to complete his Whm af and to check if he is able to get his memory erase. The third idiot said that he was unable to tells him what was the problem and to go online and search for the answer. That my friend was prolly missing something and thus not being able to erase his blm af memory.

My friend has already gone to talk to the NPC dropped all his blm af has double checked to see if he has completed all his Blm AF and still is unable to get erase his memory.

Does anyone know anything that can be done cause obviously GM are completly fucking useless. Any and all help/advice would be very appreciated.

Thx in advanced ^.^

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Re: Unable to erase memory for AF

When you erase your memory and request your AF, you have to re-obtain EVERY SINGLE PIECE, including all the coffers, in order to be able to erase it again. For example, for RDM, you have to toss all five pieces and your AF1 weapon, request AF1 weapon, then AF boots, then do ALL of the coffers, kill Dark Spark and get your gloves, and go kill Miser Murphy and that stupid doll for your hat before you're able to erase your memory for RDM AF again and start the whole process over again.

Pretty sure poster above is incorrect due to the fact about 3 months ago i tossed blm feet then decided to request them to be able to store set so went and got weapon + feet done then put set on npc. About a week later i got both items for sam af+1 so i went and erased memory of sam af to get head again to store set.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Since I'm sure someone will bring this up... the Wiki is wrong about AF you haven't dropped "counting" towards totally finishing the quest. This is the order in which I did (and requested) my BRD AF.

1) Did BRD AF as usual, got 5/5 by the time I hit 60 BRD. Quests totally complete.
    2) Did RDM AF, got 5/5, same deal.
    3) Upgraded AF hands.
    4) Upgraded AF body, because I'm an idiot who likes to waste coins.
    5) Erased my BRD AF memory and started the requesting process. I did not drop any armor before requesting besides AF1 weapon years ago.
    6) Requested BRD AF1 weapon and promptly dropped it.
    7) Tossed and requested BRD AF boots, then requested AF hands and coat, completing the quest chain.
    8) Did BLM AF, got 5/5, had no issues because no BRD "quests" were open.
    9) Did MNK AF, same deal, etc.
    10) Upgraded BRD AF pants. These were the original pair, I had not tossed them at any time, and they were in my possession when I did all of the previous quests.
    11) Went straight out to Castle Oztroja, got a coffer key and popped it on BRD, got another pair of AF pants. This directly contradicts the Wiki.

At this point, I can't erase my memory for BRD AF again because I haven't reobtained the shitty hat from CN coffer. My theory on the way it works is that when you start the quests again, it reflags you for the coffers regardless of whether you already have that piece or not, and it doesn't count the AF quest series as totally complete until those flags are gone.

In reply to Revon, we're not talking about erasing AF for different jobs. You can erase your memories and restart AF for another job at any time when you don't have an AF hands quest active already. What we're talking about is erasing memories for a job, requesting the AF, then erasing memories AGAIN.

Edited to disable smilies, who actually uses 8)?...

oh sorry missunderstood its early morning for me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

lolwiki

Person above is correct.

(Take care when opening glove coffers while on other jobs you reset memory, yay for hunting garlaige on my pld and finding a stupid coronet <_<)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So.. if I have the coffers 'flagged' for AF on mnk, can I re-do blm af coffers? Specifically the hands. I upgraded mnk legs looong time ago, but never bothered with the coffers. once I HQ the blm hands, can I get them again from garliage? I'm a little confused on how it'll work, since both blm and mnk have coffers in garliage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilla
    So.. if I have the coffers 'flagged' for AF on mnk, can I re-do blm af coffers? Specifically the hands. I upgraded mnk legs looong time ago, but never bothered with the coffers. once I HQ the blm hands, can I get them again from garliage? I'm a little confused on how it'll work, since both blm and mnk have coffers in garliage.
    No, you need to finish your MNK coffers first.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You see we went out and got him all the coffers he needed to be 5/5 and he tossed them but is still unable to erase him memory. He went to go check on the NPC that starts the AF quest and nothing happened. He checked his quest log and Blm AF quest is under the Completed section. We have tried everything we can try but idk wtf is wrong lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've had this exact same problem for about four months now. I even finally called a gm, he had me get all 6-7 sets of af I had in storage npc out and toss it. However, that didn't fix the problem, and he also wouldn't/couldn't give it back to me. Redoing that much AF is alot of work, plus I still couldn't reset the quests to redo it anyway, so I called a SGM. Basically told sorry, I can see what the problem is, but I'm unable to give ingame hints, you're sol. Never got my af back, and am unable to do af+1 anymore

All af quests are under the completed side of the quest log. However, somewhere, something isn't flagged completed.

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio
    I've had this exact same problem for about four months now. I even finally called a gm, he had me get all 6-7 sets of af I had in storage npc out and toss it. However, that didn't fix the problem, and he also wouldn't/couldn't give it back to me. Redoing that much AF is alot of work, plus I still couldn't reset the quests to redo it anyway, so I called a SGM. Basically told sorry, I can see what the problem is, but I'm unable to give ingame hints, you're sol. Never got my af back, and am unable to do af+1 anymore

All af quests are under the completed side of the quest log. However, somewhere, something isn't flagged completed.
    Oh man, that's horrible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

As a data trafficker who has an implant that allows you to securely store data that is too sensitive for regular computer networks. Your brain can carry nearly 80 gigabytes worth of data, or 160 gigabytes if you use a doubler. On this delivery run, you must have accepted a package that exceeds the implant's safety limits, and will thus kill you if the data isn't removed in time. I wish you good luck in erasing that memory, because you need to avoid being killed by assassins sent after you by the company who owns the data.

And if the AF quest NPCs aren't flagging quests, I'd go through all the glove related quest steps. On the correct job wearing some AF, talk to the galka in upper jeuno, check the box in port jeuno, try to pop dark spark etc.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Credos
    No.

If he opens the garlaige coffer as Monk, he will get the MNK AF.

If he opens the garlaige coffer as any job except MNK, he will get the Old Gauntlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    Quote Originally Posted by Credos
    No.

If he opens the garlaige coffer as Monk, he will get the MNK AF.

If he opens the garlaige coffer as any job except MNK, he will get the Old Gauntlets.
    I thought you had to have your AF completed in order to start another set of quests for AF?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You can have as many as you want open at the same time, you just can't erase the memory of any until they're all completed.

*edit, left out the word many.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

However, you can only have 1 glove quest opened at a time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So If I erased memory of PLD quest, I just wanted the PLD AF+1 boots.
    I do not want to upgrade anything else, so I do not feel like throwing away my coronet and pants.
    But will I need to do the hands and body quest for it to be completed?

Or do I have to do everything to make it complete.

I know I am going to have to throw away my gloves before flagging the AF hands
    and I know im gonna have to throw away my surcoat,before doing the AF body

But can I ignore my coffers?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If you're only doing the shoes, complete AF2 to get your boots, throw them in storage, and ignore the rest. There is no reason to complete it. (Unless you're aiming for completing every quest in the game, or something)

Also, as future fyi, you only need to toss a piece of AF right before when you "obtain" it, you don't need to toss it to start the quest. Starting AF2 quest activates all coffers, there is no need to complete it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I just redid BLM AF, and then erased my memory of SMN AF here's what I know:

- dun have to toss equipment untill the point your about to re-obtain THAT piece

- I did -NOT- have to get the coffers -NOR- the hands to erase my memory of SMN AF

- *HOWEVER* for BLM AF, their is a part of the final quest that is listed as optional on Wiki (forgot the name) but you get an Earthen Charm from Chumimi and go to the Earthen Gate in the Horototo Ruins for a CS (really short, explains almost nothing... ), so if you still have "Earthen Charm" in your Temp Key Items this may be why you cant erase other memories.

thats all that I can think of think of to help you out. Good luck.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

what part of horototo ruins in the earthen gate located in? And thank you so much for that info that may be it because he has it in his inventory