+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my Wii or my TV is dying     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my Wii or my TV is dying

for the past few weeks when I boot up my Wii, at the basic menu there are static like lines that look like a disturbance, and sometimes these pop up during gameplay (depends on the game). when I got RE4 and played that there are big sections of colored pixelations on the screen. thought maybe I tugged on the video cable too hard when switching in the DVD player, so i got new cables but still having the same problem. no video problems on the TV during normal usage, but I think it might not be hanging with the stress of the Wii (waiting for a Wii graphical joke) since the thing is at least 10 years old. any thoughts if this is my TV (hoping) or the Wii (crying).

Re: my Wii or my TV is dying

Do a process of elimination...
    Check regular TV. If it happens on regular TV and your using a different set of cables than its more than liekly the TV. If it doesn't happen then try using the same type of connection from your Wii to your TV for your DVD to your TV and play a DVD if it happens, its probably the cables, if it doesn't happen then its probably your Wii.
    Also try switching the input ports you have your Wii plugged in to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

just tried hooking it up to my roommate's TV with both sets of cables, still had the same lines and the awful disco pixels when playing RE4, so I guess its the Wii. time to call nintendo and cry, a LOT

got off the phone with nintendo, they're gonna send me a UPS label to ship it out to them to have it looked over and repaired.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyminus
    just tried hooking it up to my roommate's TV with both sets of cables, still had the same lines and the awful disco pixels when playing RE4, so I guess its the Wii. time to call nintendo and cry, a LOT

got off the phone with nintendo, they're gonna send me a UPS label to ship it out to them to have it looked over and repaired.
    Yep, they basically pay for everything and send you a NEW unit. At least thats what they did with mine when they couldn't fix it. None of that we send you a refurbished bs.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

same thing happens with my wii when i play re4 but i never see it do it when i play zelda :/