Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Party Setup for KV     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Party Setup for KV

What party setups have you successfully killed KV with? Is there any other method besides DRK or WAR zerg?/

Re: Party Setup for KV

The first time we killed KV, over a year and a half ago, it was with a bunch of BLMs, but I'm guessing "a bunch of [same job]" wasn't the kind of answer you were looking for. We do the DRKs + a few other melee thing these days anyway, just because it's the fastest and cleanest. I don't see why a number of different setups couldn't work, but I imagine they've been used so rather than speculate I'll just let someone who's done it respond.

Banned.

BG Level

monks, rangers or sams. It's a basic zerg fight the only necessary jobs is a rdm\drk, you can just fill in the alliance with assorted melee

Relic Shield
    BG Level

We've done it with as few as 4 melees (2 L3 skillchains) and like 4 BLMs bursting.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Our normal set up is Rdm/drk x2 and as much melee spam as you can get. I've been in on 10 kills on KV and have never lost chainspell before it died. Set up parties like you do for DL. Bard's soul voice songs and switch parties etc etc. He's pretty easy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tank/holding pt = PLD/NN (or NIN/DRK or whatever to kite while you get ppl there) RDM WHM. When you are ready to pull, put another RDM and a THF and random job in the tank pt so the thf can feint it. Have 1 RDM start chainspell stunning then add the other 2 pts (consisting of 1BRD MNK/DRK's DRK/NINs with Kclubs, SAM's etc.) and Wail on it.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

While I'm sure it makes it easier, you don't need KC DRKs or Ridill WARs or anything extravagant to kill KV pretty quickly. For a holding party, you should have at least PLD/NIN or NIN and RDM and WHM, although it's reasonably easy to hold with just a NIN and RDM unless something like Stunga -> Death Scissors happens. Nin/drk is nice, since you can stun when gravity wears off so the RDM can reapply it with minimal chance of melee hits happening. For the kill, just throw as many DDs as you can get in the alliance with 1-2 BRDs per party if possible. We normally use SAMs, DRKs, DRGs, WARs, MNKs and a lolplacebo THF for Feint and TH. If you're low on melee DDs, try to compensate with more RDM/DRKs to extend the lockdown or some BLMs to throw in as many nukes as they can. Everyone should have 300 TP before the fight, there's plenty of scorps and beetles around. Start chainspell stun BEFORE your DDs engage, and have enough RDM/DRKs to be comfortable that you'll lock it down until it's dead. We've killed KV approximately 25 times in the past month or so using that strategy, and we've only wiped once due to stunning problems and bad luck on TP moves.