BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New RMT Tactic?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

assburgers
    BG Level

New RMT Tactic?

No sir, nothing funny going on here.

Checking the price history of the gibberish names shows a pretty clear pattern.

Note when you expand the price history to 25 sales, went from 100k to 500k, and then was spammed to clear the 100k history.

Anyone else had anything like this show up on their server lately?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Re: New RMT Tactic?

This isnt new at all and been going on in Ramuh for months now and from what ive seen most all the other servers as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

good lord 15 up for sale on carbuncle?!

WAsn't even aware RMT did BC fights

Relic Shield
    BG Level

On a related note, anyone noticed RMTs doing ENMs on their server? Was entering Antlions a few weeks ago and 3 RMTs (Nmiibo, Mbuibe, Dazei) entered right before we did. NIN, THF, WHM, and geared so poorly that I don't think they could have beaten any of the ENMs without using exploits. They finally disappeared about a week ago, and all my FFXIAH searches turned up was that they were doing either Antlions or Like the Wind and winning every time. Like the Wind may be easy enough for 3 RMTs to win without cheating (Never done it), but these guys had like 200k in gear between them, with the THF meleeing almost entirely in sky Hecatomb.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Looks like Ransus is also planning on doing the same thing with Chiv. Chains, Fumas, Potent Belts, Astrals, and Woodsman's.

with a sufficient bankroll, it's largely possible to corner the market on a good, especially one that is slow to produce but in high demand, such as woodville's axes (how often do people do the BC for it?) such a technique is surely nothing new, but in a largely unregulated economic environment like ffxi, it's very possible and devastatingly effective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corner_the_market

both incidents mentioned in the article are textbook examples of attempting to corner the market. though both failed, eventually leaving the individuals masterminding it up a creek, their instructional value is nevertheless relevant. in FFXI, however, with available quantities on the AH in the tens, not thousands of units, cornering the market becomes a much easier task. this difference in scale is very plausibly what the CGF are trying to exploit. one thing you must remember is that while the individuals piloting the players may not be the brightest bulbs in the box, though some are fairly crafty, the people in charge of them have a significant business knowhow and can tell the front line grunts what to do causing them to behave with remarkable ingenuity.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

lol new? until the most recent bannings on ramuh we had RMT crew who did enms, ouryu and BAHA2 fights. yes. rmt winning baha2. thankfully they got wiped in the most recent ban

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ninjafox
    good lord 15 up for sale on carbuncle?!

WAsn't even aware RMT did BC fights
    They've started a new tactic of giving teles for 5k on Fenrir, lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I remember several groups of rmt that used to religiously run ENM's but they would eventually get themselves banned because they hacked up the mountain in Uleguerand Range. There was one group that was spamming ISNM's for a few weeks to get khroma ore but i don't think it worked out very well as they stopped doing them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was expecting this thread to either mention the lack of spider web RMTs outside Whitegate (I miss watching EP spiders wipe the floor with them ) or the RMT crafters who try to break synths by casting on people. People shouldn't be complaining that their server's RMT farm Bahamut V2...you could have ones who send you tells in chinese and wipe to Attercops instead.

I personally know a Clothcrafter who no longer plays who tried to jack up the cost of NQ Cursed Mitts after making a few hundred to -1 one for himself. And a couple people who tried to corner the market on black sole which...didn't work and seemed like a very bad idea before they tried too.

They do this with Merman's Earrings on Seraph. 400k [No thanks.]

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The major flaw with attempting to fix the AH history is that when non-RMT sell their items for the actual going price, they'll make money (either from another normal player, or from RMT trying to buy it out) but RMT won't because no one is going to pay 5x what the item is worth or being sold for by other legit players. I've paid a little above the going price on certain items before to see if I could buy it, but never 5x more. I give up way before that.

assburgers
    BG Level

Haven't seen it on quite this scale beforehand, so it was certainly surprising.

Almost crafty, but the biggest tip off to me was when I casually glanced and before the gibberish names, I see the sale prices.

486,534 gil
    476,961 gil

Who bids that much gil on an item?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah you can tell just by checking all of the sellers and buyers. They all sell and buy the same things over and over again.
    sniper's ring, chivalrous chain, potent belt, Woodville's axe, woodsman ring, and astral ring

Quote Originally Posted by lysol
    This isnt new at all and been going on in Ramuh for months now and from what ive seen most all the other servers as well.
    I actually did this back in 2004 or so when siren hairs went for 1-2mil... we cleared the price history down to 200k and the RMTs who monopolized SSG sold them for that price for quite a while until it slowly edged back up...

Nothing new!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Haven't seen it on quite this scale beforehand, so it was certainly surprising.

Almost crafty, but the biggest tip off to me was when I casually glanced and before the gibberish names, I see the sale prices.

486,534 gil
    476,961 gil

Who bids that much gil on an item?
    its called clearing out your bank. you bid all the loot you have on your character. its more commonly seen on lower price items, but once in awhile you'll see it on a higher price item.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

This don't surprise me much. I observed rmt spam enms since they were figured out by everyone year/s ago. First it was the blm burn every enm, and then they noticed how easy it was I guess and by now they can get way more enm's done for sure with minimal accounts per fights. This is easy gil for them. The fact that prices are dropping so hard is causing them to do the old hike the price trick. Since they have so many accounts it's nothing to them to make the history seem diverse and legit. Sad thing is, it usually works. Now the new standard for maneaters will be back up unless everyone just stop buying them from the AH and at a good price. But we all know how that usually works out [/credit card to IGE. Complete circle]

Stuff like this force you to love the game so much.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've seen this done before, havn't noticed recently though.

Friend and I moved the price of Avatar Blood from 3k to 60k when Dragon Talon price dropped lol

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gtfo Lit!