Closed Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE Online - RIP VileRat     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: EVE Online

yea, I didn't get the advanced ones til a few months in ((honestly, I didn't even know about them ))

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais
    yea, I didn't get the advanced ones til a few months in ((honestly, I didn't even know about them ))
    Cool. You guys should get on sometime and show me some cool shit like fly around with your huge ships, I've yet to see one.

You're fine with the basic ones for now. And a tip for agents and mission running crap, when you dock into a station, there's a blue info button on the top right corner of the menu, and when you click that there's an Agents tab that you can browse through to find higher level agents.

Go for the highest quality ones you can find, unless they're 18 jumps away in 0.3 or something. The higher the agent quality the more Loyalty Points you can get, which you can use at the LP store to buy some really nice gear / implants / hardwiring / etc etc for "free" technically.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Yeah, probably.

I'm Maguspk, go ahead and add me if I don't end up adding you, I just finished the tutorial and my first warp ensured I'd probably at least be playing until the end of my 30 days lmao. So sick.

I did a few missions and I love the way everything is set up, the only thing I really dislike is how sometimes I'll end up somewhere and be really far from the place I need to go, and I'll have to like fly really slowly towards it. Like between stargate jumps or approaching a place I get a mission from. Is there any way to just warp everywhere? I also hate having to wait as I approach ships from far away before I can lock on and start shooting them. Usually I warp in about 30 Km away.
    When warping to a Stargate, do it manually at 0M. SO much faster. For missions, if you want to move faster, train / equip an afterburner. Microwarpdrives work like that as well, but they only work in open space (missions are usually in deadspace pockets). MWDs are usually for PvP usage. To be able to lock ships from a farther distance, you have to train long distance targeting and equip Sensor Booster modules to your ship. Some ships also have a natural trait that lets them target from farther distances. Beginner ships don't have that and require modules to help. Depending on what race you chose, you can work your way up like...

Rookie Ship> Frigate> Destroyer> Cruiser> Battlecruiser> Battleship.

Those are the "main" categories for ships. There are tons of different tiers for each one. T2, as its commonly called in EVE. Like, if you check the item description on some ships you'll see they require a higher level of skill to pilot than the other ships in its class.

Each category for a certain type of ship is pretty large. They all just use the same hull style. Hence why Assault Ships are Frigate-sized, and Heavy Assault ships are Cruiser-sized. They're just the "next level" in that certain category.

Edit: Training up is entirely up to you, you don't need to go the way I showed to succeed. I know people that have been playing for 3 years and don't have Battleship trained up, because they weren't interested in them. They're bulky and very slow, but very powerful. There are smaller ships that are just as lethal, but take longer to train to pilot. But just because you can pilot a certain type of ship doesn't mean you can do it well. Skills are everything in this game. You could be flying around in a 150M Battleship with 900M in modules and have 20M Skillpoints and get completely destroyed by someone in an electronic warfare battlecruiser with only 10M Skillpoints. There are no "insta-win" ships in this game. It's all about player skill, skillpoints, and your knowledge of how the game works.

Add me whenever you want and I'll help you out with money, as long as you don't quit with it like FALLSO did. :< I gave him 5M and he quit. QUITTER.
    When I have a few months sub fee to spare I'll play again, driving lessons+xbox games mount up ya'know!

Mmm, yes, Xbox. Assassin's Creed has stolen me away from EVE. But only until a skill finishes training. Then I immediately ignore everything and start up a new one.

And Magus, I'll fly around in my Raven if you want. It's pretty big, I guess. Battleship-sized.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Mmm, yes, Xbox. Assassin's Creed has stolen me away from EVE. But only until a skill finishes training. Then I immediately ignore everything and start up a new one.

And Magus, I'll fly around in my Raven if you want. It's pretty big, I guess. Battleship-sized.
    Fuck yea. Sometime tomorrow totally, I am probably going to sleep in until 2 PM.

HAY IM ON WAR IZ EVERY1

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

brt, lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    Look up EVE University. If they're still around, they're a great corp that helps out newer players to learn the game. People were friendly, advice was great, and they won't discriminate based on race.
    I've heard there still around, not entirely sure ever since The Big Blue got wiped from the face of 0.0, but theres a lot of corps that are out there to help new starters, the one I was apart of was called "Gravis Corp", they helped me out a lot before I got tired of empire and made the move to 0.0

Patch notes are up for the upcoming update, yay for 3 turrent slots on the raptor! >.>;

Linkage - http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/pat ... hlogID=161

Meh. Rocket Raptor fun tiem I guess.

Edit: Well this is fanfuckingtastic, the alliance my corporation joined is up against BoB.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

BoB is that huge corp everybody hates right?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    BoB is that huge corp everybody hates right?
    it's.. complicated. basically Band of Brothers(BoB alliance) benefited from some favors from a Dev and a result of this has been a very large ideological campaign (it didn't help that for a while after ASCN fell BoB was pretty much the only group utilizing Titans)

so there's two major political power blocs right now - the Coalition, headlining groups like Red Army and Goonswarm and the greater BoB alliance.

BoB is the smaller group right now - the coalition controls much more space (the number BoB likes to through out is "90%" but that's probably an exaggeration) and has a much larger fleet (last week they were sieging 6 systems simultaneously, BoB managed to beat them all back) and a stronger industrial base. but BoB has less territory to defend, is generally considered the stronger pvpers and thanks to the combination of Cynojammers+DDD and the general strength of a fleet w/supercaps vs. non-supcap blobs it's easier to defend than to attack in 0.0 right now.

Thankfully though, Titans aren't as rare as they were a year or so ago. In our alliance there are a few corporations with the sole purpose of piloting capital/super capital ships. I have yet to see them personally, but from what I've been told our small little chunk of the alliance has 7 Titans. We're about to raid the Stain region as well I believe, so it should be a fun couple of months. Fortunately for me, I'm going to be on the "frontlines", so to speak, since I'm the only person in my Corporation who has any Electronic Warfare skills to speak of, so I'll be out pissing people off in my Falcon. If not that I'll most likely be a tackler.

When I look at my skills I'm kind of disappointed with myself because I have more SP in Electronic, Navigation, Engineering, and Gunnery than I do in Missile Operation. I'M CALDARI. :<

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the number of titans (there's at least 30 known and another 30+ estimated hidden) is getting kind of scary honestly; I'm not looking forward to titan blobs.

although honestly it's cynojammers that are the real culprit in why space is so hard to take these days: titans aren't nearly as scary when you can counter with other super-caps.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The whole aspect of POS warfare really iritates me, its a constant grind of Reinforce the POS -> Wait 6 - Whatever hours -> Oh crap they've guarding it + massive lag + dead capitals, and its even worst with those damn cynojammers. In a sense I'm sort of glad that I'm away from all that for the time being, getting a bunch of good fights in Great Wildlands with the rest of FIX.

As for BoB, its sort of mixed, you either love them or hate them - same with RA/Goons. Good bunch of guys to fly with, probably even better to fight against, although their aspect of baiting and luring the stronger PvP players from friendly alliances annoys those who are sort of on their side.

Stain's always a good region to fly through, long history of being in near constant warfare, although the bad part of it is some enemies will only undock from the NPC stations when they have a large numerical advantage.

And database errors make me emo, extended maintenance

Old Merits
    BG Level

I just got into a corp, "Drop Bears". Apparently they're a training corp for PvPers and once you're good enough you can join the sister corp which occupies 0.0 space or something. Sounds cool Q_Q

Yeah this extended maintenance crap is getting annoying. I dunno wtf 02:00 GMT is in PST. ._.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah this extended maintenance crap is getting annoying. I dunno wtf 02:00 GMT is in PST. ._.
    PST is GMT-8, so it's... like 6pm. you're probably on daylight time though, so it's actually 7pm.

Patch is up for download now, but the server isn't accepting connections. THERE ARE 7 PEOPLE ONLINE THOUGH, BLASTED GMs!

I wanna PvPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP~

Edit: Yay it's up.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fallso
    I just got into a corp, "Drop Bears". Apparently they're a training corp for PvPers and once you're good enough you can join the sister corp which occupies 0.0 space or something. Sounds cool Q_Q
    Can I join that too? I'm in a corp atm but almost nobody is on usually. Our alliance is probably really weak too since I get emails alot talking about how they need someone to train Bombers or whatever. Let me know if you can hook me up with someone to talk to about joining.

P.S.
    I am training my Memory learning skill to level 5 then finishing Intelligence and then the other learning skills off and on when I'm not online. I finished Level 1 for Cruisers this morning before switching back to level 5 instant recall before I left this morning. So when I get home I think I'm going to buy a Vexor, I think that's the best cruiser right? It's got 100 drone capacity for my Drone loving, so I'll probably get like 5 light scout drones and then sentry drones (wtf 40 km range? YES PLEASE) once I finish Drone Interfacing IV.

I'm curious how do you tell how much damage something does? I know there's got to be some drawback to the insane range Sentrys get in the way of lack of damage or something, as I see it they seem like the perfect option for me since I will be in a very slow ship. Which leads to my second question, is there any way I can make the vexor faster than the 170 m/s it starts with? That just seems unbearably slow because even in my Incursus which hits like 500 m/s I feel like I'm going slow.

Oh ya and, someone told me the max drones you can have is 12 in my corp; then my RL friend said the max is 8 with the skill to add modules to control more. Which is the truth? I'm currently believing my RL friend over the scrubs in my corp. 8 drones is still quite a bit. Also, the guy in my corp said drones on the fast end can go like WAY faster than 750 m/s and that my 750 m/s drone was relatively slow. Is this true? I spent like an hour looking through drones stats and such and couldn't find any that exceeeded the 750 m/s mark and most including the fighters were like 250 m/s or 300 m/s. Was he referring to the max velocity? In which case, how do I get my drone to fly at max velocity full time, can it do that? Or does it only do that when approaching a target like I've noticed?

(Lots of questions but hopefully they're relatively easy for players such as Kiro and others in this thread, thanks)

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast