Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Re: Timelines - The Kingdom of San d'Oria

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I could of sworn the Duke said that Eld'Narche was much more than a little kid or something when he investigated the magicite
    I'm really shady on my memory of that. You may be right.

Just sounded really wierd for a history book to say Eld'narche did all that(We the players knew he was the puppet master ofc, but did elvaan historians?). when Kam'lanaut is creditted for uniting the alliance.
    I don't think they knew he was the real power behind Jeuno, but if Eald'narche shows up in Sand'Oria for a meeting with the Papsque, they're going to write down, "Eald’narche has an audience with Papsque Shamonde."

Ironically, it almost makes more sense that he traveled and delegated orders so much, because as Kam'lanaut's right-hand man, he would be carrying out the stuff that Kam'lanaut is too busy to do or cannot leave Jeuno for.

Kam'lanaut gets all the credit because he is officially recognized as the Grand Duke of Jeuno. So when Destin responds to a summons from Eald'narche, it's probably more like, "C'mere, my brother wants to talk to you."
    Yeah you have a point I'll have to admit. Just struck me as odd at first.
    Spoilers for Sandy missions.

The Papsque's goal was to get a member of the royal family to unsheathe the Lightbringer because Eald’narche told him that it would open the gates of paradise. This was literal though, because it would have wiped San d'Oria off of the face of Vana'diel. Eald’narche was quite the little bastard.
    Wait, so Eald was the one who gave them the Lightbringer? Was it some ancient zilart weapon?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well we can still be using Gil, it could be considered a universal type of currency, just it wasn't officially implemented as the nation's currency till that time. It's similar in how you can use American money in other counties.

Also since they're using a besieged system, this might be the methodology of how we can gain the new "conquest" points.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

[quote=Kuya]
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Rocl":de266
    I could of sworn the Duke said that Eld'Narche was much more than a little kid or something when he investigated the magicite
    I'm really shady on my memory of that. You may be right.

Just sounded really wierd for a history book to say Eld'narche did all that(We the players knew he was the puppet master ofc, but did elvaan historians?). when Kam'lanaut is creditted for uniting the alliance.
    I don't think they knew he was the real power behind Jeuno, but if Eald'narche shows up in Sand'Oria for a meeting with the Papsque, they're going to write down, "Eald’narche has an audience with Papsque Shamonde."

Ironically, it almost makes more sense that he traveled and delegated orders so much, because as Kam'lanaut's right-hand man, he would be carrying out the stuff that Kam'lanaut is too busy to do or cannot leave Jeuno for.

Kam'lanaut gets all the credit because he is officially recognized as the Grand Duke of Jeuno. So when Destin responds to a summons from Eald'narche, it's probably more like, "C'mere, my brother wants to talk to you."
    Yeah you have a point I'll have to admit. Just struck me as odd at first.

The Papsque's goal was to get a member of the royal family to unsheathe the Lightbringer because Eald’narche told him that it would open the gates of paradise. This was literal though, because it would have wiped San d'Oria off of the face of Vana'diel. Eald’narche was quite the little bastard.
    Wait, so Eald was the one who gave them the Lightbringer? Was it some ancient zilart weapon?[/quote:de266]
    Fairly certain in the timeline they mention it as finding a powerful relic from up North, however it's zilart or not I can't be certain

Oh here it is:
    783 – King Ranperre is bestowed with a holy sword from the North.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya

Wait, so Eald was the one who gave them the Lightbringer? Was it some ancient zilart weapon?
    I don't think that's how it worked. Maybe it was originally, but I was under the impression the weapon had long been stored by the Elvaan of either Tavnazia or San d'Oria for safekeeping (maybe going back and forth as a result of marriage) and was one of a trio of relics that had been in the hands of the Elvaan (thinking Tavnazia for this point) for a long time. Either way, Eald didn't try to trick the Papsque until after the end of the Crystal War, when the Lightbringer had already been used. I would imagine that if it was an old Zilart weapon, that it's use is what made Eald'narche realize it still existed, thus urging folks to find it, so he could take from the corpse of the next person to use it.

EDIT: Rocl beat me.

I'm not safe on my island

BG Level

So is it safe to assume what Eald told the Papsque was only for the purpose of getting him some laughs? And not some alterior motive? And thanks for the correction.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

was one of a trio of relics that had been in the hands of the Elvaan (thinking Tavnazia for this point) for a long time.
    Lightbringer, Molydenum Box, and the "Star of Tavnazia"? Why were they all up in the north? Some epic battle against the forces of darkness during the Zilart times?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Molybendum Box as in the Eye of Altana?

Star of Tavnazia sounds familiar, but refresh my memory

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Molybendum Box as in the Eye of Altana?

Star of Tavnazia sounds familiar, but refresh my memory
    Eye of Altana is the Star of Tavnazia.
    And the Molybendum box is...?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The Molybendum box is the Eye of Altana that Nag'molada used to stop Selh'teus from contaminating the Vazhl crystal with emptiness. I can't remember if it is the thing that turns emptiness into magicite though.

The star of Tavnazia was just a stronger piece of magicite. >_> I think.

Anyway, I only brought it up because I just finished the "Tuning Out" quest and it mentioned that these two were found with the Dark Protocrystal under Uleguerand Range, and now reading that the Lightbringer was up in the north too. Something big must have happened up there. Maybe Odin/The Dark Divinity was starting to awaken and the Ziliart used the Lightbringer and M.Box to put him back down, and the Star of Tavnazia (if it is magicite) is just an after effect.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Star of Tavnazia is Prishe's Emptiness that was extracted from her.

Her lack of emptiness gives her immortality and ability to read mind, basically made her into a pseudo zilart (or a kuluu that has gone into the chamber of eventide to regain the whisper of the soul)

Also possible that her lack of emptiness made her unable to feel pain, or things she said was just a figurative speech of being used to persecution and pain during her long life while branded as "The Abhorrent One"

At least that's what I've figured from the CoP missions anyway.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    I thought it was a much older black magicite that came from the orc homeland?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    I thought it was a much older black magicite that came from the orc homeland?
    Prishe absorbed it into her chest after the Snoll fight and she said "Welcome Home"

Although it's possible that it could be an older magicite that has promathia's essence contained within, since Prishe was supposed to be the keeper of apocalypse, and the magicite in her chest just absorbed the star of tavnazia to complete the pieces.

I really gotta rewatch all these CS, it's such bullshit that CoP missions are all over the places, and I really lack the effort to find bards/footprints for em

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

So is it safe to assume what Eald told the Papsque was only for the purpose of getting him some laughs? And not some alterior motive? And thanks for the correction.
    I'm not sure it was out of any malice for San d'Oria. I think this was just another attempt of Eald's to open the gates to paradise. I think he believed there was a chance it might work, but didn't consider it too likely.

BG Level

Ooops, my bad. I forgot the method that i used to remember what the star of tavnazia was.

If Promathia were a 8 year old boy, and the Star of Tavnazia were my penis... Yep that was it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

so does thins mean we might see Eald in the past? since well, he did sorta create the Shadowlord?

oh any have they ever told us what Sandy's other secret weapon was? I thought there were 2 Lightbringer and.....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    I'm not sure it was out of any malice for San d'Oria. I think this was just another attempt of Eald's to open the gates to paradise. I think he believed there was a chance it might work, but didn't consider it too likely.
    No, this was after what happened in Tavnazia, so he knew what would happen. I think he did it just for fun.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe
    No, this was after what happened in Tavnazia, so he knew what would happen. I think he did it just for fun.
    I'd have to watch the CS over again, but wasn't there some mitigating factor with the destruction of Tavnazia? Something like Rochefogne ran through a field of dreamroses or something. Obviously I don't recall exactly what happened, but I also don't recall any other villian in FFXI doing something basically for the lulz.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin
    so does thins mean we might see Eald in the past? since well, he did sorta create the Shadowlord?

oh any have they ever told us what Sandy's other secret weapon was? I thought there were 2 Lightbringer and.....
    He didn't create shadow lord.

Shadow Lord was created by the manifestation of the talekeeper's rage and a pact with the dark divinity (odin)

However, his existence caused a disturbance in the crystal line or some sort, hence the need to eliminate him to reactivate Tu'Lia. This caused Jeuno to join the Crystal War and unite the 3 nation so that they can defeat the beastmen.

Banned.

BG Level

Odin gave him emptiness. I imagine it was the Shadow Lord's emptiness that was blocking the crystal line.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin

He didn't create shadow lord.

Shadow Lord was created by the manifestation of the talekeeper's rage and a pact with the dark divinity (odin)

However, his existence caused a disturbance in the crystal line or some sort, hence the need to eliminate him to reactivate Tu'Lia. This caused Jeuno to join the Crystal War and unite the 3 nation so that they can defeat the beastmen.
    I see. i must have misunderstood something lol.