Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Sagacious Sundi

Re: Timelines - The Kingdom of San d'Oria

I still don't think Odin had anything to do with the creation of the Shadow Lord--just giving him an army of demons to rule over the other beastmen. Let's look at some of the best text that talks about this: (Snoll Tzar spoilers)

Prishe : What I want to hear is the lowdown on the big boss behind the Kindred of the Northlands.
    Prishe : The Mithra seem to think that it's Promathia, but I know better than that.
    Prishe : So, who the hell is it? He's called the Divinity of Darkness by the beastmen, apparently.
    Louverance : I returned here to investigate that very fact...
    Louverance : The legends of the northern islands tell that the Divinity of Darkness slumbers in this land.
    Louverance : At some time in the past, the Shadow Lord followed the voice of this sleeping deity to its source.
    Louverance : His actions led by the powerful stone in the possession of the Shadow Lord, the Divinity of Darkness created an army of demons to enter the service of his visitor.
    Prishe : I think I'm starting to get it now. The being who the beastmen call Promathia is actually...
    Louverance : Tell me! I must know the truth!
    ??? : Prishe!
    Louverance : Wait! Be on your guard! There is something strange afoot!
    The bolded part in particular is interesting: It basically hints that he was already the Shadow Lord (although you can interpret it as Louverance not knowing who the SL truly is) by the time he met Odin. Going by proper grammar (I think), "His" (in "his actions") refers to Odin, which sorta sounds like he possessed Odin or Odin had some interest in the stone. (Whether "created an army of demons" means they were created right then and there, or if it means Odin ordered them to do so, is beyond me.)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Need a spoilerific discussion on CoP lores...because I still don't understand whatever the fuck happened on half the CS...

And it's not because I rushed through it to do the BC either :/

assburgers
    BG Level

Yeah, the CoP CSes were full of lots of "wtf just happened" moments that you really had to pay attention and have been keeping up with, or go back and watch two or seven times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Odin gave him emptiness. I imagine it was the Shadow Lord's emptiness that was blocking the crystal line.
    Everyone has the Emptiness inside of them. (Except for the Zilart and a few Kuluu.)

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Odin gave him emptiness. I imagine it was the Shadow Lord's emptiness that was blocking the crystal line.
    Everyone has the Emptiness inside of them. (Except for the Zilart and a few Kuluu.)
    And Prishe!

At least until the end of CoP anyway.

That and technically, Kuluu that lose their emptiness becomes Zilart.

Emptiness is like the mortality aspect of the living being in Vana'Diel...also the blockade that prevents them from reading other's thoughts.

Can also be pain and sadness...since Prishe was fucking surprised she was able to shed tears on CoP ending before she realized her emptiness was returned to her, and she mentioned that she pretty much numbed to the feeling of pain from persecution and hatred from other during chapter 3 and later on the ending.

Although we can't really say that Emptiness causes evil, because obviously those Zilartian brothers are not exactly saints despite their lack of emptiness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

>_> I know this is corny.

The whole emptiness theme of CoP is one of the reasons I think the storyline is so great. Like in real life, everyone is filled with emptiness, it's why we keep on living, to find something to fill the void (a hobby, job, love, a pet, etc). I just think it's kind of ironic* that the Ziliart brothers were free of emptiness, but were willing to sacrifice everyone and everything, including themselves, to get into paradise so that they could feel whole again.

*Ironic, for lack of a better word. I don't know how to use this word anymore after reading the huge fuss made over the usage in Taj's latest forum drama.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I just find it ironic that in CoP, there is one person desperately trying to get rid of their emptiness (Nag'molada), and another that wants it returned(Prishe).

The Zilart's brother's pursuit of paradise is just a natural desire to ascend to the higher level. You'd have to understand that those 2 have lived for millenia, and is pretty much on the higher existence compared to the rest of Vana'Diel (or at least according to them anyway) barring the Avatars. Their goal in opening the gate of paradise is probably to reach the same level of higher existence as those of the celestial avatars...

On CoP in the other hand, Nag'molada desperately seek the Chamber of Eventide to remove his emptiness and let him regain Whisper of the Soul back, but when he saw what was happening in Al'Taieu, the sealed promathia and Yve'noille's sacrifice to seal him...he just fucking snaps.

Banned.

BG Level

He got the makeover treatment though, with the magicite and stuff.

Black Belt
    BG Level

He got the makeover treatment though, with the magicite and stuff.
    Nah, he turned into shadow lord from reaction of the galkan talekeeper's rage power and the magicites in Xarcabard.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nah, he turned into shadow lord from reaction of the galkan talekeeper's rage power and the magicites in Xarcabard.
    Toss in one pact with Odin, and you have one angry Galka....

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Toss in one pact with Odin, and you have one angry Galka....
    Pact with odin give him the kindred army, the form and his power is kinda independent of that I'd imagine.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

379 – The young ??????Arefeauron Tavnazia, of the Bulletoran tribe, joins forces with D’Oraguille.
    His English name is Alphollon Tajeux. And San d'Oria's other secret weapon is the verses to "Lay of the Immortals", which can summon the keeper of apocalypse when sung in full.

The CS is in Northern San d'Oria under Promathia Missions > Entanglement.

Found Prince Fellenant in a quest related to San d'Oria and fixed his name.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hmm just a question here not sure if it has been mentioned.

The question is what happened to the Elvaan/Quadav alliance that repelled the Windurst forces in the Norvallen region ages ago? Did they gradually disintergrate till the Crystal War erupted? I read through the threads on this forum and other sources to try uncover info but no luck. :-/ As usual I'm probably missing an obvious point lol...

*edit* Meant the Norvallen region not Derfland orz ><

Banned.

BG Level

The Quadav King at the time was probably the most intelligent and sincerest in their history. They have a bunch of war-like kings and their problems with Bastok didn't help.

Sagacious Sundi

From the Tribune: (Note that Du'Dha was the Quadav king that befriended the Elvaan.)
    Around the year 500, Du'Dha realized his death was imminent and began fasting rites, ordering his policies for the next hundred years to be carved onto his gravestone as an epitaph. Thus, he actually continued to reign for nearly twenty years after his death, at which point a Quadav named Vo'Gho infiltrated the king's chambers and usurped the throne, declaring the former king's death to the kingdom. Vo'Gho destroyed Du'Dha's epitaphs and mobilized the kingdom for conquest and territorial expansion.
    Plus, with a common enemy (Windurst) defeated, and the Orcish Empire and Bastok gaining power in Quon, I guess they didn't really need each other anymore.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    From the Tribune: (Note that Du'Dha was the Quadav king that befriended the Elvaan.)
    Around the year 500, Du'Dha realized his death was imminent and began fasting rites, ordering his policies for the next hundred years to be carved onto his gravestone as an epitaph. Thus, he actually continued to reign for nearly twenty years after his death, at which point a Quadav named Vo'Gho infiltrated the king's chambers and usurped the throne, declaring the former king's death to the kingdom. Vo'Gho destroyed Du'Dha's epitaphs and mobilized the kingdom for conquest and territorial expansion.
    Plus, with a common enemy (Windurst) defeated, and the Orcish Empire and Bastok gaining power in Quon, I guess they didn't really need each other anymore.
    Still, bastok's mining along with their constant strife with Sandorian force back in the age of technologies could've rejuvenated the alliance, funny it didn't turned out that way.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

just got wotg. trying to figure out when wotg happens and excenmille's age.

862 10 Muchanne, leader of the Temple Knights, is assassinated. (Prevailing theory is by a Tonberry)

this already happened when we arrived in the past so it's after this

863 1 Garlaige Citadel is destroyed.

garlaige citadel is not destroyed in the past so it's between those two dates.

excenmille is probably around 12/13 in the past.

864 4 Excenmille chases the remaining Orcs from the Quon continent.

so at the time excenmille did this, he's no older than 15 years old. he probably did it with the help of the griffon knights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5