Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Timelines - The Republic of Bastok

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    875 – The archeologist, ??????Bertolino, discovers the remains of an ancient society in Dangruf Wadi.

----------------

I wonder if that refers to the Zilartian machine (Strange Apparatus) found in that area.
    Probably not, no one in the game seems to know about them. I would guess they meant the hallways that you can find in a few places that are totally out of character with the rest of the zone.
    True. But unlike other zones that have those machines in it, in Dangruf Wadi these hallways are directly connected to the room with the Strange Apparatus.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

875 – The archeologist, ??????Bertolino, discovers the remains of an ancient society in Dangruf Wadi.

----------------

I wonder if that refers to the Zilartian machine (Strange Apparatus) found in that area.
    Probably not, no one in the game seems to know about them. I would guess they meant the hallways that you can find in a few places that are totally out of character with the rest of the zone.
    True. But unlike other zones that have those machines in it, in Dangruf Wadi these hallways are directly connected to the room with the Strange Apparatus.
    None of the hallways are directly connected to the Strange Apparatus room. You can drop down from that hall into one below, but the only way to get in is through the illusion wall.

----------------

None of the hallways are directly connected to the Strange Apparatus room. You can drop down from that hall into one below, but the only way to get in is through the illusion wall.
    Only because the programmers made it that way. But that doesen't change the fact that architecturally all of these hallways are of the same origin and one of them leads directly to the machine. And unlike us adventurers, the archeologist could have used a ladder or a rope to get up the ledge and discover those hallways and the machine. Only because players have to go through the illusion wall, it doesen't mean a character from Vana'Diel history has to. I think it's safe to assume that it refers to the discovery of the hallways. The question is: Has he found the machine aswell? The reference to an "ancient society" makes me think he had.

Sagacious Sundi

Maybe it's referring to this?:
    Approximately 3000 B.C.E – Earliest evidence of a Hume village in Dangruf Wadi. (Estimated through various documents and artifacts)
    4000 years ago (approx.) seems "ancient".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Maybe it's referring to this?:
    Approximately 3000 B.C.E – Earliest evidence of a Hume village in Dangruf Wadi. (Estimated through various documents and artifacts)
    4000 years ago (approx.) seems "ancient".
    I think the meltdown was around 9,000-10,000 years ago. While very old, it is post-Zilart.

Hume village estimated through documents and artifacts doesen't sound like giant hallways and an ancient machine to me. But anyway, remnants of a 4000 year old hume village makes me wonder where humes originally came from. iirc TaruTaru are originally from Quon, Elvaan somewhere from the North, Galka and Mithra from islands in the south, but Humes? Given the fact that Aht Urghan and more so the Alzadaal civilization is technologically far more advanced then the Quon civilizations at that time, makes me think that Humes from eastern nations started to go west some thousand years ago and continued to do so. Even the first president of Bastok came from Aradijah by ship before he started working as a miner in Quon during the first gold rush.

Sagacious Sundi

Hume village estimated through documents and artifacts doesen't sound like giant hallways and an ancient machine to me.
    I wasn't reffering to the apparatus, obviously that's Zilartian. Unless there's some other machine there?
    But anyway, remnants of a 4000 year old hume village makes me wonder where humes originally came from. iirc TaruTaru are originally from Quon, Elvaan somewhere from the North, Galka and Mithra from islands in the south, but Humes? Given the fact that Aht Urghan and more so the Alzadaal civilization is technologically far more advanced then the Quon civilizations at that time, makes me think that Humes from eastern nations started to go west some thousand years ago and continued to do so. Even the first president of Bastok came from Aradijah by ship before he started working as a miner in Quon during the first gold rush.
    Galka are from the south? I thought they originate from Altepa. Unless that's what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Hume village estimated through documents and artifacts doesen't sound like giant hallways and an ancient machine to me.
    I wasn't reffering to the apparatus, obviously that's Zilartian. Unless there's some other machine there?
    No there is only one. But assuming the Zilart didn't build these machines for matter emulation in the middle of nowhere, there must have been some structures around them at some time in the past. And since the hallways in Dangruf Wadi are connected to the room with the machine, i assumed that those could be part of the original structures.
    The other possibility would be that Humes found the machine 4000 years ago and built their village around it. But as i said, giant hallways don't really look "village-style" to me.

[quote:324a8]But anyway, remnants of a 4000 year old hume village makes me wonder where humes originally came from. iirc TaruTaru are originally from Quon, Elvaan somewhere from the North, Galka and Mithra from islands in the south, but Humes? Given the fact that Aht Urghan and more so the Alzadaal civilization is technologically far more advanced then the Quon civilizations at that time, makes me think that Humes from eastern nations started to go west some thousand years ago and continued to do so. Even the first president of Bastok came from Aradijah by ship before he started working as a miner in Quon during the first gold rush.
    Galka are from the south? I thought they originate from Altepa. Unless that's what you meant.[/quote:324a8]
    Yes, Galka are from Kuzotz, a group of islands south off Quon. And unlike all other races, it is never really mentioned where Humes originally came from.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You mispelled Movalpolos, Elmer

interesting read, as always

Sagacious Sundi

855 – Reports from the Northern Expedition cease.

- Rumors of the birth of a new Quadav king spread through Bastok.
    What exactly does this mean? The next in line for kingship...ness? If so, is it possible that this is the Diamond Quadav? I made up stories behind the Ocean Sahagin (I made up that this is the former matriarch/patriarch of the Mahnpa Tribe or whatever the higher tier one is) and Tonberry Pontifex, and the other beastmen of the same tier are explained, except for this.

I have a question... the Kuluu were changed into Tonberries by the meltdown, but was it explicitly stated that the Zilart were changed into the present 5 races? I think I remember one of the NPC zilart or kuluu villains (Nag'Molada?) saying something about 'devolved creatures' in reference to the 5 races, or something like that....

If this is true, then was it stated anywhere how this happened, or where all these 'new' races started off or went to after the Meltdown?

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    I have a question... the Kuluu were changed into Tonberries by the meltdown, but was it explicitly stated that the Zilart were changed into the present 5 races? I think I remember one of the NPC zilart or kuluu villains (Nag'Molada?) saying something about 'devolved creatures' in reference to the 5 races, or something like that....

If this is true, then was it stated anywhere how this happened, or where all these 'new' races started off or went to after the Meltdown?
    In the cutscene right before you enter Tu'Lia or something, whatsherface (Yve'noile?) mentions that the Meltdown "divided" the Zilart into the "five races".

Ah okay, now I remember... it's been a long time since I first entered Sky. So do the mothercrystals have anything to do with the way the races turned out? Galka turned out big and beefy... maybe the Earth crystal was nearby or something like that?

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    Ah okay, now I remember... it's been a long time since I first entered Sky. So do the mothercrystals have anything to do with the way the races turned out? Galka turned out big and beefy... maybe the Earth crystal was nearby or something like that?
    They never explicitly say what made the races divide. The most likely things are the five mothercrystals (which aren't elemental-based, although the cutscene I mentioned does say that they gathered energy from all 5 crystals, and then divided that elementally, presumably making the protocrystals) or the Emptiness/darkness/evilness/sins/badness/Promathia/vices (apathy, arrogance, cowardice, envy, and rage).

I was just looking at some screens from that cutscene (I SS'd most of that cutscene because it was actually interesting, unlike most other ZMs), and I'll let someone else decide if it helps out at all:

"Mortals are an incomplete species. When Eald'narche's quest for Paradise was thwarted, life on this planet lost its perfection.
    Particularly, thine inability to communicate with others of thy race casts a shadow over thy development.
    This inability became increasingly evident after the Meltdown divided thee into the five races.
    The arrogance of the Elvaan, the envy of the Mithra, the cowardice of the Tarutaru, the apathy of the Humes, and the rage of the Galka... These are the traits thou must carry as thou makes thy jounrey through life."

One thing worth noting is that the Ark Angels existed before the Meltdown, so this would mean the image of them already existed. I forgot whether they [AAs] are beings of light or darkness, though.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Divided three into five? What were the three? Zilart, Kuluu, and ?

Sagacious Sundi

It means Zilart (thee, not three >_>) divided into Humes, Elves, Tarus, cats, and Galka.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Divided three into five? What were the three? Zilart, Kuluu, and ?
    it says thee, no "r"

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I knew that >_>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

WOTG SPOILER AHHHHHHHHHHH

On chilly October evening, while Prien was returning from his conference, the Head of Military Affairs, Berner, was killed by someone in the Metalworks.
    His name is Werner 8)