Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Re: Job Profiles - Dragoon

The bastards need to pull their own weight then. I demand dread shriek, dispelling wind, deadly drive, and radiant breath then. Fuck this pokemon evolution nonsense -- they need to grow up and start pulling their own weight.

But if it's a baby skoffin, why does it have the front paws like a wyrm? It also has a spike flail looking thing at the tip of its tail. I can see that skoffins have the ear flaps like a dragoon wyvern though >.>

Its a baby Seiryu!

Also FFT Lancers were decent I guess. The problem with Jump is that it was hard to predict when you would land, as most of the time, when I jump the unit moves out of the way or something. (I'm a huge fan of Mustadio as a Engineer with Knight's Break skills, break people's weapons from 8 squares away lolll) . Problem with Lancers is that you cant dual weild Lances, whereas a Knight can dual weild..uh Excalibur and Chaos Blade and have autohaste and En-petrify. Lances are capped at 999 damage whereas dual weilding Knight-Swords can have you do 1998 damage. Also Draw-Out with Chijaradedsajhgfgf89352fwtrz did like 700 AoE with decent MA and looked purty.

Ricard was a DRG but in the original he sucked just as much as the others,(go play FF2 for NES where he starts with a Sword, and has really lame Spear skill)

Kain is sick in FF4a but with everyone's last weapons, everyone pwns. Abel's Lance aside, any character can do 9999 per round, (Yang with final weapon, and Cid with that crazy Hammer that randomly FLARES enemies. The one thing I'll give Kainw as that he made fighting that mega hard dragon in the dungeon easy as pie. I played on emulator so I kept loading state until Kain's whirlwind thingy proc'd)

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Fiofio
    But if it's a baby skoffin, why does it have the front paws like a wyrm? It also has a spike flail looking thing at the tip of its tail. I can see that skoffins have the ear flaps like a dragoon wyvern though >.>
    Maybe all 3 are related--there are "drakes/skoffins/ladons/guivres/vouivres" (I call them vouivres since that's what the BST pets are called in Dyna-Xarc) in Riverne. Also, wyverns have elemental breaths and there are elemental wyrms.
    Maybe:
    Baby wyverns: Larvae
    Wyverns: Pupa >_> (The forearms are developing inside!)
    Wyrms: Adults

Or wyrms are wyverns chosen by Bahamut to be his bitches.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

If we follow mythology and the usual consept of wyverns their a completely seperate species. The mark of a wyvern is that it has wings instead of front legs. Which is why I frowned when I saw dragoon wyverns had front paws.

Our Wyverns are baby Wyrms then, since the Wyrms have 6 limbs; 2 legs, 2arms and 2 wings. Which doesn't make much sense because the bones used to support the wings of birds are modified humeri and ulnae, the same bones that compose the forelegs(or arms) of terrestrial mammals,amphibians and reptiles.

Sagacious Sundi

Did you seriously just say something in a fantasy MMORPG "doesn't make sense" and then try to apply science to it?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Dragoon wyverns are smurfs that evolved and grew wings.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi
    Did you seriously just say something in a fantasy MMORPG "doesn't make sense" and then try to apply science to it?
    What do you mean? Everything in FFXI is based off of sound scientific principles and facts.

Now if you will excuse me, I must have a Tarutaru cast a teleportation spell on me so I can ride a chocobo over to a place with a turn me into light and fly me to a floating city in the sky so that I can fight a giant, magic-using Manticore. When I get home from work I hope that we fight Kirin tonight.

Ridill
    BG Level

Turn based jobs (ie spike) in a game where dot was made king by a dramatic overdone change as a result of a silly mistake (weapons that give back more than 100tp).