+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 470 FirstFirst ... 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    That said pretty sure SE awhile back said they eliminated the whole fish pool thing
    What did they change, exactly?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm I forget the exact phraseology so would have to look back thru update notes a bit tomorrow but someone just said you can keep mobs out so guess that wasn't it

Is it still worth getting LuShangs, or should I work towards Ebisu. Its been a while since I've played FFXI, returning player. Not sure whats best anymore.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's probably worthwhile to get a lu shang's first if this is your first character to get an ebisu. Getting the items needed for the ebisu could take a long time depending on your luck. In the interim, lu shang's can catch a lot of fish the other non-ebisu rods won't.

If you've been away from FFXI for a while, I'd evaluate why you want to fish first though lol. If it's solely for profit, I'd rethink. If you are wanting to fish for a hobby or to supplement cooking, then it may still be ok.

One thing that the new fishing system has done I believe is throw out the old leveling guides out the window. I don't believe huge gaps between your fishing level and the fish you are attempting to catch are feasible now, at least legitimately. The higher level fish would regen their health too much.

Godspeed.

G

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Cameroceras - Sih Gates map 2 - minnow - sinking minnow - slice of bluetail(rare?) NPC 2800

Thysanopeltis - Sih Gates map 2 - shrimp lure - worm lure(better rate) - peeled crayfish NPC 80

Zaldon doesn't take either. Going to look for the other fish

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

THanks switchorz for that info.

I'm really surprised zaldon didn't take the cameroceras since the developers specifically mentioned adding a legendary that could be used in inside the belly (see link below) and it appears to be the only legendary fish from the list of new items.

Maybe zaldon will take it in a later update or they'll add another one(shrug)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...efulness/page2

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In the last few years they generally tell us if they are adding fish to Zaldon so shouldn't be that big of a surprise... they plan on doing it just when is anyones guess. Plus the link says "Implementation is still a bit off, but I'll let you know when there is more information! " so given that was a couple weeks ago I'd say we got waiting to do

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

How do you get to map 2 in Sih Gates?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ceizak Battlegrounds G-10/11

SE put those crystal things to use

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Turris entrance

translucent salpa - insect ball NPC 115
    ra'kaznar shellfish - sabiki rig NPC 134
    bonefish - robber rig NPC 240
    white lobster - shrimp lure NPC 137

other baits/lures catch these but I am lazy and just put whatever caught them first. Zaldon still hates you.

three were mentioned in another thread but trans was missing.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by gm-pm View Post

I'm really surprised zaldon didn't take the cameroceras since the developers specifically mentioned adding a legendary that could be used in inside the belly (see link below) and it appears to be the only legendary fish from the list of new items.

Well, remember matsya weren't guttable for a looong time

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Has any testing been done with Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugil as bait in any of the newly available fishing areas?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Has any testing been done with Drill Calamary or Dwarf Pugil as bait in any of the newly available fishing areas?

All the fish seem to have been fished up via regular bait, don't see any need to try those.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Shiiiitt, I've been waiting for new guttable fish since they first introduced new fishes in SoA (remora, etc). Although they said all this back in March 2014, they updated us months later (in your link). I expect maybe 1-3 more patch updates before they make any additional fish guttable.

Can only hope

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Is there much money to be made in fishing anymore? Ever since the Haks nerf I've kinda just abandoned it.
    This is excluding Matsya I guess since they aren't a reliable gil maker and require a crafter buying a ton.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    Is there much money to be made in fishing anymore? Ever since the Haks nerf I've kinda just abandoned it.
    This is excluding Matsya I guess since they aren't a reliable gil maker and require a crafter buying a ton.
    And Matsya require crafters to be willing to pay often higher prices then they go for since it takes so much time to farm for them. I don't see any money in it really. Especially since there are things just as easy to bot for more gil than fishing was when it was good

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

That's what I figured I was hoping something new had come up, but I guess not. Oh well! Thanks!

Just a silly question. Anyone gone fishing in the water just before the spot for the Hades fight- and if so, pull anything up?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It should be these

translucent salpa - insect ball NPC 115
    ra'kaznar shellfish - sabiki rig NPC 134
    bonefish - robber rig NPC 240
    white Lobster - shrimp lure NPC 137

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So im 79 fishing and been trying to get skillups on Mercanbaligi and ahtapots' and after serveral hours and 2 diffrent days of fishing ive only gotten 0.6 total skill ups. I havent fished since they updated it. could someone tell me if there is a better place to be?
    Thanx.