Thread: Fishing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think only fishing gives any and that's first time only

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

where and with what bait do you catch remora?

Godspeed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was able to catch them in woh gates. I forgot which bait worked and Bg ate my post I was making when I did it lol. I do remember it's break rate was insane. Like made Matsya look good

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Meh. I'll stick with Shen. Pretty much the same npc value, I've only had one line break with it. I'm thinking that may have been a fluke even.

Godspeed.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven't played in a year...what did they nerf Hak prices to?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Around only 2 people in beaucedine... er I mean 3k

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I didn't see anything on the notes about new fish added to inside the belly. I'll have to confirm later

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, neither did I. I tried six different types from SoA that I had on me and he didn't take it. I still need to try a Remora.

edit - eight different types including Remora and Dragonfish, and nothing. I was sure it was mentioned it would be in the August update just like the new Crafting torques but nothing was mentioned for either.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh well, maybe next month... or probably another false promise =/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I seem to hit my fishing limit at 60 cave cherax a day, what happened to the 200 limit? After 60 I no longer can catch anything at all - happens with 2 chars. Was the limit changed?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd never heard of it actually changing so... how many no catch messages in a row have you gotten? And are you using kill fish?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

No catch in a row is 20 and yes to kill, should I not be?

Edit - even if i continue after 20 it will go another 20 with nothing its odd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

20 is nothing really. I think the worst I went on CC was like 70 or so in a row no catches without being fatigued. I've gone like 3 hours of no catches on haks before without full fatigue. Then caught like 20 in the next hour lol

But yeah you probably are because you are using kill fish on legendaries which ramps your fatigue up super fast. Some kind of auto cap programming for people who catch stuff too fast. Like you can cap daily fatigue on haks in as low as 8 catches if they are fairly close together. Seeing as they are easy to catch and that is suspicious as fuck looking I'd turn it off

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

How hard is it to hold Matsya monsters these days? 119 DD w/ PDT set and like DNC sub enough? I bought a bunch of dwarf pugils with login points and didn't really think through how I would use them.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Terravcota View Post
    How hard is it to hold Matsya monsters these days? 119 DD w/ PDT set and like DNC sub enough? I bought a bunch of dwarf pugils with login points and didn't really think through how I would use them.
    rdm ilvl with pdt set could hold them almost endless, the problem is after a while the mobs start to ignore player stats (usually after 1 hour or so) and will start to hit you for dmg more and more, no matter the amount of defense PDT you wear. ochain pld could prolly hold them even then endlessly

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

rdm can hold them endlessly. Did it before the ilvl update. The only difference is at the beginning all I needed phalanx pretty much and farther along I'd be doing phalanx, regen, refresh, stoneskin, aquaveil, pro/shell each buff cycle.

That said pretty sure SE awhile back said they eliminated the whole fish pool thing

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Why is Ebisu Fishing Rod so valuable? What can it do that Lu Shang's can't?

Edit: so my question above was answered but now I have another.

What advantage do you get from having an ebisu fishing rod coupled with max fishing? Is it even worth while? I heard that NPC'n Haks used to be huge profits but now is it even worth doing so? I just returned to the game so I'm a bit behind.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hak's used to be a little over 10k each npc and you could average around 10-12 an hour not counting running, selling or bait gathering times (not really huge but okish for complete no risk afk). Now they are around 3k each so it's just a trophy item

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haks were the ultimate afk/multiple character gil generator.

You could make money faster playing one account vs. fishing haks, but you could fish haks on 3 or 4 accounts and play another actually doing stuff and make money while you did other things.

As Dasva said, with the npc price nerf, haks aren't worth it anymore because of the cost of bait. I bet sinking minnows are back to 691 on the boat all the time now again though!

I haven't played in a year and I remember the price of sinking minnows...damn I played this game way too long.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well ultimate easy one. Fishing bots are a dime a dozen but decent farm bots are slightly harder to find. Blinkering was way better before the nerf, plus half the accounts could completely afk. And sparks already were getting as good.

But yeah last time I was up there I think I saw 1 fisherman... because the time it takes to gather bait and sell fish you can make more gil doing salvage and then have the rest of the day to do stuff on that character instead of leaving it up in beau