Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: PLD/RDM solo Operation Desert Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    Best you could get with Vorpal Blade from a Joyeuse would be like 500 and thats if you have the best possible DD gear for PLD.
    Dunno, I was /NIN though but I don't have Ares body either.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7057/lolpldwsfn4.jpg

EDIT: I was unbuffed ("6x melee" KSNM30) and was using Carbonara on the first SS and nothing when I took the 2nd one (or viceversa, it's been a while) if I recall correctly.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Retrieving/C.D/Searain
    Quote Originally Posted by Belkin
    Best you could get with Vorpal Blade from a Joyeuse would be like 500 and thats if you have the best possible DD gear for PLD.
    Dunno, I was /NIN though but I don't have Ares body either.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7057/lolpldwsfn4.jpg

EDIT: I was unbuffed ("6x melee" KSNM30) and was using Carbonara on the first SS and nothing when I took the 2nd one (or viceversa, it's been a while) if I recall correctly.
    What sword was this? Joy? I don't remember the scorps being hard at all.

if you were /NIN I don't think that WS would be with a Joyeuse.

Pretty sure I was using Hrotti/Joy; even if you subtract the damage from the offhand hit you should still be able to pull off a 1000+, especially using an Excal (decent food wouldn't hurt either for this purpose), that was my point lol. I mean, those scorpions are surprisingly squishy and PLD can wear a lot of Vorpal-friendly gear.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Dps Joy with enspell would probably out do using a stronger lower delay sword I think. Maybe once I cap enhancing i'll try this ;x

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

With a Hauteclaire I'm positive you could do a 1k Vorpal Blade. I've done several 700-800s on Platoon Scorpions not even bothering to macro on full DD gear as PLD/WAR, and that was using a Joyeuse and eating Tavnazian Tacos.

The good thing about KOTR spam though, for soloing, is the 20/tick Regen.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I saw WS ranging from hi 400 to I think upper 800/low 900 in the vid. Joyeuse Vorpal could probably keep up with that. I don't think timing out would be a problem.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think any PLD with Ares body and a strong shield setup, fully leveled RDM sub and strong merits, ample meds and a DD setup to make the Vorpal Blades strong enough could do this, even without the relics.

D.Ring helps a lot, and Hauteclaire or Joyeuse would probably work. I'd say ~15 minute clear time with the Joyeuse, probably 18-20 with Hauteclaire (but slightly easier).

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    With a Hauteclaire I'm positive you could do a 1k Vorpal Blade. I've done several 700-800s on Platoon Scorpions not even bothering to macro on full DD gear as PLD/WAR, and that was using a Joyeuse and eating Tavnazian Tacos.

Why was he eating regen drinks then?

Pamama au Lait or w/e

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Minions

Pamama au Lait or w/e
    It's probably a hidden regen, like Catastrophe haste.

I'm interested in where those ice spikes came from, but I'm not sure how well this could be done without Excal regen, though possible I think.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had to be some kind of enchantment because it had the icon up top, that is indeed an interesting question...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That'll do it.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike

Pamama au Lait or w/e

I'm interested in where those ice spikes came from, but I'm not sure how well this could be done without Excal regen, though possible I think.
    He was never low on mp.... if anything you should just sleep 300% at the start and use a spirits on the first scorp to knock it down alot. The faster you lower the number of scorps the less chance there is to wipe really. The ice spikes are from the pants. Ice Trousers. http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/9278 There are also some that do shockspikes as well. Though for endurance fights I think they para might be better.

edit- beaten x;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've never done ODS as PLD, so I assumed Vorpal Blades would be relatively weak, but alas I was proven wrong. No point in sleeping to 300 TP when you could do 1k+ Vorpal Blade with 100 TP.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pamama au Lait or w/e

The pants.

evilbau

the 'Falanks' macro made me laugh

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pamama au Lait or w/e

He was never low on mp.... if anything you should just sleep 300% at the start and use a spirits on the first scorp to knock it down alot. The faster you lower the number of scorps the less chance there is to wipe really. The ice spikes are from the pants. Ice Trousers. http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/9278 There are also some that do shockspikes as well. Though for endurance fights I think they para might be better.

edit- beaten x;
    Did you see his KOTR at 100%? lol. Why would you use Spirits? If anything, Sleep to 300% and use KOTR for the full 3-minute Regen effect, and then spam Vorpal Blade until Regen wears off.

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

Pamama au Lait or w/e

edit- beaten x;
    Did you see his KOTR at 100%? lol. Why would you use Spirits? If anything, Sleep to 300% and use KOTR for the full 3-minute Regen effect, and then spam Vorpal Blade until Regen wears off.
    Because I have excalibur? I'm talking about me doing the BCNM not him.

I replied to not being done without excal's regen.

Was she using the terrain to prevent all but one of the scorps attacking back? Looked like they were out of range at several points so she only fought one at a time.