Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
    Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's like Superman: wears glasses, no one can tell it's him anymore.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I like that to this day people refer to Koja as a person and not just Naja in sunglasses.
    i was actually referring to Koja Zhwan, the former owner of the Liberator..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

lol my bad, I didn't realize there was a real Koja.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't blame u. She's not actually in the game

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think there's a plot hole in Warrior's AF1 quest. Phara said Yasin and Raogrimm used to hunt Orcs in Davoi. But at that point in time, Davoi was still La Vaule and under Sandorian control.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wonder if they meant Ghelshba Outpost or something.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Unless it was said in a flashback, calling a geographical location by its contemporary name isn't really a plot hole per se.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The problem is that orcs weren't in Jugner at all at the time, they were in the northlands.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm rewatching sch AF and there's so much that doesn't make sense. For one, is the bloodseed grinoire the same as the crimson grimoire that Schultz uses in his fight?

Schultz took the purged bloodseed grimoire and vanished, yet moments later when Nogmolada arrives, the grinoire, schultz and Ulbrecht are on the floor(even though ulbrecht melted into blood or something).

Why did Nogmolada tell Erlene the scholars would be disbanded after the war?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have a question over the use of the term "Keeper of the Apocalypse" in Chains of Promathia.

It's used a bunch of times, but from what I understand, the term was used for Nag'molada and Nag'molada+incarnation of Promathia, correct? And does the incarnation mean Promathia without absorbing Nag'molada or is it Promathia after he had absorbed him?

Bahamut used the term for both Nag'molada and the wrapped up Promathia, so I'm just trying to keep it straight here since Bahamut said that the "true" keeper was already awake in the Al'taieu which was before any of the characters entered it.

I also have a check about the resurrection because it's stated that the "true" Promathia will arrive after this incarnation kills everyone on Vana'diel to release their emptiness, but wouldn't that vessel be destroyed before the "true" one arrives since Sehl'teus states that the emptiness is more than enough to kill a god. Since the incarnation is dying, wouldn't that mean that the "true" Promathia would still be alive?

I guess this could just be solved by the vessel not absorbing anything, but then why would the presence of the emptiness allow for the "true" one to appear.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The Keeper is whoever has the most emptiness. Originally it's Prishe. That's why the prophecy says the keeper will be born in Tavnazia. But she had an accident which caused her emptiness to be frozen in magicite.

When Al'teiu lost power and started entering vanadiel through the fifth mothercrystal, promathia found another keeper: the chamber of eventide where kuluus shed their emptiness to become zilarts. That's when Bahamut woke up and started to threaten everyone because the keeper of apocalypse grew near.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wonder what happened to the heroes of the crystal war in the present day? Where are Valaineral, Elivira and others? Are they just retired and gone from the world?

And where / who is our world's Joachim?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

some of them were swallowed into Diabolos' dreamworld at the battle of Xarcabard, tho i think the 2 you mentioned weren't explicitly part of that group. one would assume neither would haja.. cos the 3 of them have unique face models that didn't exist during RotZ lol. Haja probably went back to Zhwa. i'm guessing the rest might be living out a peaceful existence somewhere as a war veteran.. or dead.

it does seem like we get to know what happens of the freelances more than the generals tho.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

So I just had a shower thought.. Has it ever been discussed where are all the vana'diel babies?? I don't recall ever seeing a baby of any of the races. There's young children about, but seriously, how do the inhabitants of Vana'diel reproduce? I know Galka are reborn but what of the other 4 races? I vaguely recall male mithras being so rare that they're held under lock and key on Olzhirya for breeding purposes. What excuse do elvaan, hume, and taru have for not having any babies around?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In homes you can't enter.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there any in-game lore behind Vrtra, and why he's in that tomb?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Is there any in-game lore behind Vrtra, and why he's in that tomb?
    No idea if this link will work: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../07/index.html

739 - 832
    Ranperre R d'Oraguille, the 24th king of San d'Oria, reigned from 782 to 832. Also known as the Dragon King, Ranperre was hailed as the greatest monarch of the d'Oraguille family. He was born the eldest son of the crown prince of West San d'Oria, and diligently studied the arts of war from childhood. Ranperre acceded to the throne after agents of East San d'Oria murdered his father.

After ten years of fighting, the Dragon King subdued the East San d'Orian forces and put an end to the long and bloody civil conflict. He continued to build his legend by expelling the Orcish hordes from Ronfaure, and ridding the kingdom of marauding black dragons.
    Rumors still flourish concerning the pact Ranperre supposedly made with a black dragon to protect his expansive tomb.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I miss the Vana'diel Tribune I wish they'd translate that big book.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Double post, but I want to ask: (very slight RoV spoilers)

Spoiler: show
    Only 2 years has passed in canon since the start of the game?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I guess we're pretty fast workers.