Thread: Working Parser?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Re: Working Parser?

If a branchoff were to be made I would happily sign on.

C# programmer by trade, should have no problem getting into it.

Can someone upload the source somewhere so I can get myself familiar with it?

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Viena
    Thank you! :D I have a couple of hours to kill at work so I'll be looking over the code. I can also host an SVN server.

At the request of divisortheory, we can do whatever you want with it including renaming, as long as credit to the original author(s) remain. That and remains under GPL stuff of course.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Question... is there an easy way for me to obtain a C# programming environment? Preferably free. I've been working with linux environments too long.

I really think the memlocs need to be stored in a config file and then parsed into the program at startup so that updates never break the parser... but I have no programming environment to test with.

Anyone have some place they can point me to get started?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakamaru
    Question... is there an easy way for me to obtain a C# programming environment? Preferably free. I've been working with linux environments too long.

I really think the memlocs need to be stored in a config file and then parsed into the program at startup so that updates never break the parser... but I have no programming environment to test with.

Anyone have some place they can point me to get started?
    visual studio Express 2005 for C#

and the updates would still break the parser, but fixing them would be easier in the config file

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Zhais

and the updates would still break the parser, but fixing them would be easier in the config file
    Thanks, I'll check it out tonight.

And I just meant you wouldn't have to recompile after every update. Everyone could individually update their memloc without having to worry about getting a working dev environment.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Can you make the WS average update after every WS, not just after a new hi/low?

To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .Net Framework: v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .Net Framework.

I get this error when I try to run the parser. Anyone got any advice for me?

Issac

Quote Originally Posted by Issac
    Gonna try that out, Thank You ^^

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

I am getting this error when i try to start parsing:

Edit: Already fixed it. :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

And I just meant you wouldn't have to recompile after every update. Everyone could individually update their memloc without having to worry about getting a working dev environment.
    most people who want to use the parser don't really know enough about it; it's easier to just force updates to the latest version (and solves headaches if something bigger than the first pointer address ever changes in the memory structure).

etc.

I've been developing under visual studio 2005 express as well. it's pretty decently featured for a free IDE.

Quote Originally Posted by aapr25179
    I am getting this error when i try to start parsing:

Long Error here
    I get the same error also

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Is easy just copy fix on your older dvs directory, i was missing files of 1.73 version, /slap myself.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Amele

most people who want to use the parser don't really know enough about it; it's easier to just force updates to the latest version (and solves headaches if something bigger than the first pointer address ever changes in the memory structure).

etc.

I've been developing under visual studio 2005 express as well. it's pretty decently featured for a free IDE.
    You don't think people can handle instructions like "change the text file in your DVS directory so it says 'MEMLOC=0xblah'"? I mean, I understand not everyone's a programmer... but I think I could get my Mom to do that correctly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

etc.

You don't think people can handle instructions like "change the text file in your DVS directory so it says 'MEMLOC=0xblah'"? I mean, I understand not everyone's a programmer... but I think I could get my Mom to do that correctly.

it's still more work than download a file, double click, next, next, finish. (which is something I could get my grandmother to do correctly) and this way we force current version compliance which solves issues of people saying "I switched my memloc and it still doesn't work?! D: D:" because something more than just the memloc changed.

it's not like the project is so big that it takes 6 hours to compile or something.

i have tried using the lildevil parser, (reg d/l > installed) and it still doesnt seem to work, so at the risk of sounding retarded.. i have to ask:

does it work with timestamp activated?

-- also --

which log do you need to set it's location to? (logs 0-19)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

it's still more work than download a file, double click, next, next, finish. (which is something I could get my grandmother to do correctly) and this way we force current version compliance which solves issues of people saying "I switched my memloc and it still doesn't work?! D: D:" because something more than just the memloc changed.

it's not like the project is so big that it takes 6 hours to compile or something.
    In my mind, it's more of a question of who is capable of fixing things when it breaks from the usual memloc update issue. If you leave it a constant in the code, only devs can take care of the issue because the project needs to be updated and pushed live onto SourceForge (or however you're distributing... cuz posting .zips on BG isn't really the best idea). If it's a simple matter of a text file being updated, anyone can figure out the new memloc if they know what they are doing and post it in a public place. It's just a much faster way of administering a fix since the community doesn't have to sit around and wait on one of the devs to make time for it. I asked about such a fix a while ago, and Divisor himself said he was going to make the change to a text file memloc asap.

And realistically, what else has broken the parser besides memlocs? I remember there was an issue with the timestamp plugin and then maybe one other random thing SE did at some point. The most frequent problem is simply the memloc.

Whatever the case, I have code to do it now... I'm just having trouble with a missing library. Are you guy sure Visual C# 2005 works with this project? It's looking for System.Data.SqlServerCe and not finding it. It seems like this version of visual studio is using .NET 2.0... maybe I need a newer .NET version? Anyone have any pointers?

For everyone having the SqlServerCe problem:

All you need to do is have that particular .dll file in the same folder as the exe. The dll comes with the program download, so you just need to relocate that dll to the bin/debug folder of your project.