BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Working Parser?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Working Parser?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoju
    i have tried using the lildevil parser, (reg d/l > installed) and it still doesnt seem to work, so at the risk of sounding retarded.. i have to ask:

does it work with timestamp activated?

-- also --

which log do you need to set it's location to? (logs 0-19)
    My lildevil parser works per se, but it always loads up previous logs when I open a new session and start parsing. I know there is a stupid simple solution for this, but I can't figure it out from reading the read me files. It also makes a very loud annoying beep after every fight or so which I also can't seem to figure out how to disable so I don't use it much. Hopefully we can get a kind soul to get this dvs parser going again.

you can fix both of these problems. under options uncheck "Enable Timer Sounds" to get rid of the beeping, and check "Read New Logs Only" to do just that

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoju
    i have tried using the lildevil parser, (reg d/l > installed) and it still doesnt seem to work, so at the risk of sounding retarded.. i have to ask:

does it work with timestamp activated?

-- also --

which log do you need to set it's location to? (logs 0-19)
    My lildevil parser works per se, but it always loads up previous logs when I open a new session and start parsing. I know there is a stupid simple solution for this, but I can't figure it out from reading the read me files. It also makes a very loud annoying beep after every fight or so which I also can't seem to figure out how to disable so I don't use it much. Hopefully we can get a kind soul to get this dvs parser going again.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Ok, here's the modified DvsParse I've been promising. I added a config file named "DvsConf.txt" to the directory. Currently the only thing it understands is 'MEMLOC=<number>', but it would be simple enough to add other configuration types to this file.

Hopefully this is the last DVS parser most users should have to download for a long time. Whenever FFXI is patched, all you have to do is come to BG and see what the latest MEMLOC is and update DvsConf.txt on your own.

If anyone wants the source to merge into their own tree, let me know. It's not a large or complex change.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

DVS parse doesnt parse magic burst damage, any way to fix that or am I just missing something?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Breemer
    DVS parse doesnt parse magic burst damage, any way to fix that or am I just missing something?
    you mean like, seperately? or at all?

if it's not parsing at all, check the checkboxes to make sure you're parsing everything you want to parse (at work so I can't check whether it's a separate line item or not.) if all magic related damage is checked and it's still not parsing, it's a miss in the parse language.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

its not parsing at all, ive checked the tickboxes to show spell damage but it will only show non-mb casts, our last nidhogg apparently one of our blms did 1 nuke of 1390 and nothing else when he was more than likely the highest damage of us all (i saw him MB etc so i know he wasnt slacking lol)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Breemer
    its not parsing at all, ive checked the tickboxes to show spell damage but it will only show non-mb casts, our last nidhogg apparently one of our blms did 1 nuke of 1390 and nothing else when he was more than likely the highest damage of us all (i saw him MB etc so i know he wasnt slacking lol)
    Never has, in my experience. Played with it in xp on my BLM, said I did 600 damage the entire party, when each of my individual MBs were doing consistently over 1k.

That would definitely be a bug.

I'm feeling rather bored right now so lemme look at it.

edit: Well... that problem delves in the parts of code I haven't messed with before :D I know what the problem is, just need to figure out where to fix it at...

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

its come to my attention that dvs stole the chat parsing code from another well known FFXI program maker, thus I think we should rename it and stop giving him any credit other than that he stole shit.

Im not naming names unless I can convince said person of it, but regardless, I was a little more than annoyed when it was pointed out to me.

Is there an official site for this parser or are we not quite there yet (if you're branching off etc)?

I'll have to give this a go, I've been using lildevil's parser to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    its come to my attention that dvs stole the chat parsing code from another well known FFXI program maker, thus I think we should rename it and stop giving him any credit other than that he stole shit.

Im not naming names unless I can convince said person of it, but regardless, I was a little more than annoyed when it was pointed out to me.

Which sections/classes in specific? When I was talking with divisor when I first picked up the project, he said he had developed some parts with the help of other programmers which I think was the Chatmon portion. As far as I know, he developed all or hopefully most that is under the DvsParse section of the C# solution.

Regardless, I think a new name is in order since he's not working on the project anymore. If we know which classes are borrowed, mixture, or conceived solely by divisor, we can attribute the classes as such. Lots of code needs to be commented anyhow.

PM me if you want, I can ensure that the classes get attributed to the proper person.

Is there an official site for this parser or are we not quite there yet (if you're branching off etc)?

I'll have to give this a go, I've been using lildevil's parser to date.
    No site right now for it

and wow... lildevil's parser is 21 mb? ._.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

thanks for looking into this by the way, I started using lildevils parser as it works with MBs but it doesnt feel as accurate on long fights like JoL, I would like to go back to using dvs.

Bull fucking shit. Name the person or you're full of shit. I had a very LITTLE help from StarHawk when I originally wrote it, but I only asked him about the technique, the code is my own and that's a fact, fucktard.

Edit: and when I say "technique" I mean I asked him for a very general description of whatever he felt like telling me about how the chat log structure was stored in memory. I already had worked out a lot of it but he did tell me about the existance of one thing which I didn't know about.

For you to come on here and accuse me of stealing someone else's work when I put in hundreds of hours of my own free time just to make people like you happy and improve your gameplaying experience, asking for no donations of any kind and even going so far as to make it open source for everyone to benefit even further from is fucking disgraceful, and it just further demonstrates what a piece of shit you and whoever started this rumor actually are.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Uhh, welcome back?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Speaking as a disinterested party with the code: It's pretty easy to identify different coding styles within even the same structure of conventions, and this doesn't look like someone else's work expanded. (I can kind of tell when it went open source, the commenting on some of the newest stuff is a lot better; but that's not really material to what you're accusing him of.) I don't know DVS well enough to guarantee that this is his work, but if it isn't then someone was ghost-writing it all along (and thus, is implicit in it being attributed to dvs and has no claim now.) because updates prior to the open sourcing are very consistent in style with what is presumably the base architecture and as such, I think whoever is claiming this as theirs and not DivisorTheory's needs to either put up or shut up.

and I don't mean just their name; they need to show proof that they had compilable source prior to the launch of DVSParse -and- demonstrate that DVSParse is unequivocally a copy of that source, and not simply similar due to the underlying similarities in application nature and the FFXI memory map.

Quote Originally Posted by Amele

Speaking as a disinterested party with the code: It's pretty easy to identify different coding styles within even the same structure of conventions, and this doesn't look like someone else's work expanded. (I can kind of tell when it went open source, the commenting on some of the newest stuff is a lot better; but that's not really material to what you're accusing him of.) I don't know DVS well enough to guarantee that this is his work, but if it isn't then someone was ghost-writing it all along (and thus, is implicit in it being attributed to dvs and has no claim now.) because updates prior to the open sourcing are very consistent in style with what is presumably the base architecture and as such, I think whoever is claiming this as theirs and not DivisorTheory's needs to either put up or shut up.

and I don't mean just their name; they need to show proof that they had compilable source prior to the launch of DVSParse -and- demonstrate that DVSParse is unequivocally a copy of that source, and not simply similar due to the underlying similarities in application nature and the FFXI memory map.
    I dunno who u r, but thats a damn nice post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Amele

Much better post than mine ^

With all that's happened, you can't help but to wonder if someone's just trying to stir shit up again

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

unrelated, but I think we should indicate the up to date memloc change by a version increment, (spec. to 1.7.4) until we get a new home for the source and a 'new' name.

honestly, I'm not sure what we should call it - most other FFXI parsers are named for their creators/current contributors (spyle's, tazzyparse, etc) and it's not really an 'x'mon or 'ffxi'-application although FFXIParser might be accurate it might also be a bit presumptuous and it doesn't really have any relation to the brand identity of FFXIWindower or FFXIAH. BGParser might be a possibility except that then allakazham would be even less likely to use it!I kid I kid

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, I started an SVN repository up at http://www.eternalchapter.net/ffxiparser (currently set to private).

I haven't checked anything in yet though, need to setup TortoiseSVN on my new machine. If anyone else interested in working on the project wants to use this repository as well, please let me know.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by nekura
    Well, I started an SVN repository up at http://www.eternalchapter.net/ffxiparser (currently set to private).

I haven't checked anything in yet though, need to setup TortoiseSVN on my new machine. If anyone else interested in working on the project wants to use this repository as well, please let me know.
    Uh... that's going to be very confusing. Spyle's parser was called ffxiparser or FFXIP before Tazzy took over maintaining and developing it.

And I'd rather see it hosted by something like sourceforge rather than someone's private repository.