Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

lol imagine if someone started playing the game right now

said person would have to play hardcore for an entire year just to get CLOSE to where everyone else is

are there really any newbs? do they stand a chance?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: lol imagine if someone started playing the game right now

Yes, loads join everyday.

We have people in our LS who been playing a year with 2-3 75 jobs and sea,sky etc. Nothing has changed it's infact easier now than it was 1-2 years ago.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I knew a few people who started with the Xbox 360 release, and already has like eight 75s and all caught up on all missions and dynamises and assaults and whatnot. x.x

Also ran into a very pleasant newbie in the dunes not too many months back. One of those actual players who was polite, nice and learned from his mistakes. I do believe he's just completed G3 on his BLM these days.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Maybe it's easier to do everything but level, because leveling any job now to 75 is harder than it's ever been, which is to be expected after a game has been out this long. I've pretty much given up trying to level another job to 75 because I'd rather put a gun in my mouth than go a whole day looking for party, even trying to make my own at various points, and not being able to get or do either one. And that goes for all jobs, including tanks and bard.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Swampthing
    Maybe it's easier to do everything but level, because leveling any job now to 75 is harder than it's ever been, which is to be expected after a game has been out this long. I've pretty much given up trying to level another job to 75 because I'd rather put a gun in my mouth than go a whole day looking for party, even trying to make my own at various points, and not being able to get or do either one. And that goes for all jobs, including tanks and bard.

Leveling is easier, Less xp to 75 than there used to be. ToAu made leveling easier also.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

The exp was reduced, now they just need to reduce the wait between parties from days to hours

The exp to next level doesn't matter if your exp/hour is zero.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

There are generally fewer people actually trying to XP though, prior to merit level. The one XP party my 66 NIN got an invite to in the past week and a half or so never even left Whitegate. Mostly I just do a /sea all inv 65-69 or something and 90% of the time see maybe a BLM seeking on the mage front and nothing else.

If you have a static or something, sure, the actual process of gaining XP is easier than ever. However, as far as pick up groups go, things are not usually great. Like mentioned, it's not just the stereotypical DDs seeking for hours and hours, it's everyone.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

If you are good with social networking you can still get far in this game. In terms of game related skills it's even become easier. You only need to know (or get to know) the right people and you are already a good step in the right direction. I know some people who aren't very good in this game yet can still do all the content this game offers just because they know the right people.

Actually, come to think of it. If I had all the information available to me 3 years ago that I have now I would've been a better player and most likely a lot further in the game then I am now.

The Righteous One
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've had several RL friends start playing recently. Some how they go a hold of a version of the game that didn't even have the Zilart expantion included. It's interesting trying to figure out ways for them to get to 30 (and actually get parties) that don't involve going to the jungles.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Isn't there a collection out now that goes all the way up to ToAU for only $20? It could be an inexpensive alternative to finding alt ways to level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

When everyone has got the drops they want from Dynamis, that opens the way for new players to come in and get their drops faster than everyone who was there at the start with masses of competition for drops.

In a way I'm envious of new players who get a good and long established LS since it means they get gear thrown to them a lot faster than if they'd have played a year or two before.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rithridan
    If you are good with social networking you can still get far in this game. In terms of game related skills it's even become easier. You only need to know (or get to know) the right people and you are already a good step in the right direction. I know some people who aren't very good in this game yet can still do all the content this game offers just because they know the right people.

Actually, come to think of it. If I had all the information available to me 3 years ago that I have now I would've been a better player and most likely a lot further in the game then I am now.
    Having boobs (or claiming to) also helps.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj
    When everyone has got the drops they want from Dynamis, that opens the way for new players to come in and get their drops faster than everyone who was there at the start with masses of competition for drops.

In a way I'm envious of new players who get a good and long established LS since it means they get gear thrown to them a lot faster than if they'd have played a year or two before.
    This happens A LOT in my Dynamis LS. I mean, people still need super desired AF like RDM/PLD/BLM etc. But, SAM for example is free lot 95% of the time. Newer members coming in get this AF tossed at them and end up 4/5 AF2 in like 20 runs, where it took the original members 80+ runs to get that many AF.

Can't really complain though. At least the AF is going to someone right?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by deshende
    I've had several RL friends start playing recently. Some how they go a hold of a version of the game that didn't even have the Zilart expantion included. It's interesting trying to figure out ways for them to get to 30 (and actually get parties) that don't involve going to the jungles.
    Ebgames, it's like 2 bucks for the ff11 starter pack or some shit. I think it has only the base zones in it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

You are completely wrong. It is easier to level a job now than at any point previous in the game. YOU may not like xping but that does not make it hard. The way you make it sound, no one would be able to level any jobs anymore and that is clearly not the case.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mr Gummi
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

lol, because the leveling situation on your server is the same as mine

I would honestly tell anyone I knew in real life not to buy the game, because they would not be able to level a job to 75 in any reasonable amount of time. Going multiple days at a time without being able to get or make a party does not constitute a reasonable amount of time.

I love xping, it's one of the few things I find fun in the game. It's to bad it's so hard to get 5 other people on appropriate jobs to do it with you.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree
    You are completely wrong. It is easier to level a job now than at any point previous in the game. YOU may not like xping but that does not make it hard. The way you make it sound, no one would be able to level any jobs anymore and that is clearly not the case.
    I had to seek for a whole half an hour on BRD the other day. Something is amiss....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've soloed almost all of NIN 63-67, purely from a lack of people seeking.
    The parties I do get, are usually a cluster of whatever jobs that range are available, and don't tend to make very good setups.
    (I even got stuck with Tajin's RDM one night <.<)
    j/j

I definetely agree that getting to 75, without soloing, takes more time than it used to even a year ago, because of wait time for PTs.

Maybe everyone going for DNC75 means more PTs for other jobs, right? >.>

It's way easier to exp with 2-4 people than it was 2 years ago, and get similar or better xp. Signet->npc->smash DC-EM mobs with a friend, you can get like 2-3k an hour, or more with empress band.

Back in "the day" we used to wait 5 hours to get 6 people, and get a stunningly similar rate of xp.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    It's way easier to exp with 2-4 people than it was 2 years ago, and get similar or better xp. Signet->npc->smash DC-EM mobs with a friend, you can get like 2-3k an hour, or more with empress band.

Back in "the day" we used to wait 5 hours to get 6 people, and get a stunningly similar rate of xp.
    This is painfully true.

Does anyone remember partying in Ro'Maeve for 3-4k/hr with 6 people? You could amass a mage, melee, and tank and waddle out to a ToAU zone with sanction and get the EXACT SAME OR BETTER exp.

People need to stop fucking bitching. When people bitch, all I see is, "I'm too lazy and stupid to create my own party or solo. If I'm not getting 10k+/hr, I minaswell not be exping."

Get 2 more people, get sanction, go outside, kill shit. Period.