Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 71 111 119 120 121
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Got it back didnt even take 10 mins from dialing the number for POL lol, had all my info and he changed pw in no time ill be on later bozo just coming homefrom NY now :D

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Greatguardian of Cerberus was hacked again today, October 14th.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Going to punch a koala bear. Any advice on what I can do to clean my system before I log back in in a week or so?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Stop downloading stupid shit

BG Level

Haha. That's great. Very useful. No, I don't download much anything at all. I run firefox without scripts. I run Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes. I'm not an idiot. What I want to know is if there's anything else I can do to keep this from happening again. And/or where to look to remove whatever there is on my system. I don't want to input my new Account info after contacting SE until I'm sure that it won't just be taken right back.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    Stop downloading stupid shit
    And the "most helpful" award goes to...

Seriously, need you be an asshole over a serious question?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Haha. That's great. Very useful. No, I don't download much anything at all. I run firefox without scripts. I run Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes. I'm not an idiot. What I want to know is if there's anything else I can do to keep this from happening again. And/or where to look to remove whatever there is on my system. I don't want to input my new Account info after contacting SE until I'm sure that it won't just be taken right back.
    format, reinstall OS.

before you even open a website, get yer antivirus up, your adblock/proxy, HOSTs file, your internet security software/firewall, and application protection(zonealarm style)

then get fully "windows updated"

now install the game, update, etc, official windower seems to be safe if you want to use it.

opening any type of gaming website or website that serves up gaming related ads isn't really safe anymore, and you take a gamble going to them no matter what kinda software you use to do so.. running firefox+noscript+adblock with iframes removed is about your best bet, but definately, no gil sites, no account sell/buy sites, no somepage(ffxiah power search getting there), anything else is risky business.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

At this point I would go with a hard drive wipe, because whatever you have probably wasn't cleaned up last time.

BG Level

Damn, was really hoping to avoid reformatting. But it looks like it's either that, or get a new PC for ffxi. Ah well, thanks guys. I'll get on it. I just hope SE doesn't mind rolling me back a second time, ha.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Damn, was really hoping to avoid reformatting. But it looks like it's either that, or get a new PC for ffxi. Ah well, thanks guys. I'll get on it. I just hope SE doesn't mind rolling me back a second time, ha.
    They don't roll you back more than once per account.

BG Level

Yeah, I know policy. Gonna try it anyways. It's not over something stupid, like accidentally dropping an item, or a simple case of giving away pw/ID. Players really can only do so much to prevent a hacking, and even then shit like this happens. We'll see how far I get; last time, I managed to have my account rolled back to the proper server 100% intact and got my transfer charges removed within 36 hours of my first phone call to recover the account pw.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

guardianzero of sylph hacked and now on diabolos.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Neorea of Alexander got hacked sometime today (oct 28th) and has been transferred to Odin.

Damnit Neo, you of all ppl ><

Edit: here's the culprit:
    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...neosgear-1.jpg

Thats Neo's gear.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Interesting behavior - Shiva 8:15pm EST

As I was standing outside my MH in Bastok Mines I noticed three tarutarus (all lvl 1 with no equipment) running out of the MH entryway, run to the NPC standing just on the other side of the wall, sell some things and run back to the MH. But instead of entering through the doors, they went through the wall just on the right side of the NPC Leonie (MH guy on the right). I watched them do this three times and called a GM. I was contacted immediately, but instead of whiffing in to check the situation, he/she said they would look into the matter. As well, it seemed that the one tarutaru, Sakghd, was also taking trades from the other two (Opqg, Opqf). This behavior went on for 40 mins. I truly believe that there were at least 3 accounts that were hacked last night. Am I misconstruing the scene? This happened Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008.

Katch

Hacked some time this morning... ._.

Char name: Katch
    Server: Ragnarok

Happened between when I logged out at 2:30 GMT and back in at 8:00 AM GMT.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mia Frost
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My friend just got hacked. This morning, on his alt char, he followed his hacked naked main char in Port Sandy.

Name : Shmedly
    Server: Quetz

2 people got hacked today, I hope it's not starting again...

MaachaQ

2 days ago someone in my Dynamis shell was hacked as well. This is her 2nd hacking now, so we don't know if she'll get restored >< Thinking there is probably a new virus out there stealing passwords that antivirus programs can't find yet.

Leliu
    Ramuh server

Said she was moved to Shiva and stripped of gil and sellables.

edit: just saw the news about IE exploit... i thought she changed to firefox after the first time, but maybe she didn't...