+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Current list of hacked players (12/7/07)

I've actually done quite a few garrisons, fun shit, but I like campaign more.
    (And less hassle)

Celenes

Celenes : Pandemonium

Hacked into at 11:47 PM PST on December 4th 2007

I was exping with my LS members and rl friends when I got a message that my character was logged on another terminal and my password was changed within seconds. My LS members followed my character around and saw my character trading to a lvl 1 character named Sunbank. All of my valuable items are recorded being sold by Sunbank (this includes my kraken club ; .

Old Merits
    BG Level

This might be a stupid question, but if somebody is online and somebody logs into your account while you are playing, why don't you keep your account locked out until a GM or somebody gets back to you (ok, this assumes that they will actually do something in a timely fashion)? Type in the wrong password 3 times and it still locks your account for 30ish(?) minutes. Could also give your handle to one or two others you trust and take shifts or something.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Not hacked but i do know alot about the law. And even IF you retain an atty, itll be hard to sue SE for this. And im sure the local authorities will not do anything about this. FBI yeah call 1 800-Your-FBI lol wont work =P However im not understanding how SE cannot do anything if you verify all the previous CC numbers, addresses, and the Reg code. It's not easy to get that and that will prove its your account. When my account was hacked and all info was changed , that REG code saved my ass. I was able to recover most of my lost items, but anything sold or traded was lost. But i did get my account and ra/ex shit that was dropped. >.< Again i do not understand why the hell people would do this over a video game, but if anyone finds out maybe we can all save up a few bucks and buy a suicide bomber^^

Anyways i wish you all good luck in recovering your accounts!

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    How many garrisons have you done, again?
    Garrisons are a bitch to do, a bitch to organize, and are level capped. Campaign is just fun to fuck around in and casually join in. All we need is easier ways to get to and from [S]-lands.

My best thing in the game statement was kind of hyperbole... I enjoy it the most right now but, hell, I enjoyed dynamis a ton when it first came out. As far as how great Campaign is on the Raw Fun-o-meter and Complete Immersion Scale compared to other events, I would say it ranks the highest right now.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Character Name: Marvin
    Server: Lakshmi
    Date: Between July > November 2007 when I wasn't playing.

Came back with only R/Ex gear and only one had my account info, which was my girlfriend, and she didn't have, nor take anything. Still have my character, only the gear was ripped off. Had to start from scratch with 0 gil, 40 Beastmen Seals, no IS, 40k CP, and no Kindred Seals. On Noble's Tunic #2 and Scorpion Harness #2 at the moment -_-. Prices too high for my pockets to get all my stuff back. A Peacock Charmw as stolen too... :/

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Man I was 100% thinking of doing this, might also try KI and Wikki forums, lolAllah will just get random crap you have to get through for the serious posts, but they do have a lot of ppl on there everyday

Ohh Celenes I have seen you around much and think I was in a LS with you.. Soo sorry that happened to you

I will follow and slap the guy thats you

Character Name: Piers
    Server: Sylph
    Time: Nov 16th - Nov 17th Sometime while I was sleeping at Fanfest

Nov 17th: Found a character named Mogsafe selling all of my missing equipment.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

might it be worthwhile for those who were hacked to list what system they are on and what else they use in conjunction with or in relation to ffxi

from looking at KI and alla, trend seemed to be
    a) for those on PC, POL crashing when you log out/shutdown like a windows error when any other application crashes - possibly related to spyware/keyloggers in "cracked" versions of FRAPS (from alla)
    b) for those on any system, using a computer to load up the official linkshell community website - some sort of loophole in security of the website? (from KI) - some sort of Anti-Taj (think antichrist lol, using powers for evil instead of good lol) - one person reported that POL customer service actually asked if they had visited the official community site recently before losing their account so....
    c) for those on xbox, that your gamertag can make it easier for you to be hacked? (think this was from KI idk)
    d) for those on PC, using dodgy programs, obvious...
    e) for those on PC, downloading custom dats (e.g. to change hairstyle/outfit etc) (courtesy of LS)

it might also be worthwhile to note what does not seem to get you hacked:
    a) several people who use their personal emails and/or reveal their RL names and surnames are not getting hacked, therefore it seems the hackers are not concerned with those such details as your name?? (but see below however)
    b) registration codes are printed in your manual and only inputted once, so it doesnt seem that they are targetted as you can put ur code in 2004? (i.e. whenever u first joined) and be hacked in 2007.
    c)

i dont feel like browsing through threads right now, but perhaps we should compile a list of what information POL/SE requires from us when people want to recover their stolen accounts
    a) registration codes, b) would they ask for the name registered to the account/address/etc? , c)?

based on the above, perhaps we should draft a standard template for people to use for when they contact customer services using standard wording and tips that seem to sway them -
    a) being firm stating that you will contest every single charge on your creditcard that SE has taken if the account is not reset
    b) also explain how people in USA or EU countries can go about getting a legal supoena

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    This might be a stupid question, but if somebody is online and somebody logs into your account while you are playing, why don't you keep your account locked out until a GM or somebody gets back to you (ok, this assumes that they will actually do something in a timely fashion)? Type in the wrong password 3 times and it still locks your account for 30ish(?) minutes. Could also give your handle to one or two others you trust and take shifts or something.
    That only works if they haven't already on your character, AFAIK. It won't kick someone off.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Altanass
    b) for those on any system, using a computer to load up the official linkshell community website - some sort of loophole in security of the website? (from KI) - some sort of Anti-Taj (think antichrist lol, using powers for evil instead of good lol)
    Or how about "some sort of Taj," since he did almost exactly what you are talking about, "for evil" no less.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You cant 'wrestle' them off your account, because somehow, someway - they get your information changed within the span of 30seconds-1min.

Some kinda program or something...

My friend Ranjit got hacked on Lakshmi about a month and a half ago. his character was moved to hades.

Tol and Duken on Valefor server, hacked within the last 5 days.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Toyer from Ragnarok, hacked around 2am pst of December 3rd. Couldn't find any trace of his equipment being sold yet, so have no idea if the character is still on Ragnarok or not :/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ifrit - theend & icy

both kicked offline during a king camp during early AM hours, PW changed, bloodported and gear muled. cc and all changed. GMs responded while it all was happening, but said to contact the information center in the morning.

some gear being sold off on Rogerd - http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1095926&sid=13

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi, I was hacked either late Dec. 3rd or on the 4th, not sure which yet. I have yet to get my account back because the PoL want the CURRENT credit card info rather than your old info in order to reset your password even in account compromisation claims.

Jussy : Quetzalcoatl

Thank you for doing this. I hope it helps in the future. I lost an estimated 19M that they won't be able to give back due to "policy." What about the policy of customer satisfaction? (;_

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai
    ifrit - theend & icy

both kicked offline during a king camp during early AM hours, PW changed, bloodported and gear muled. cc and all changed. GMs responded while it all was happening, but said to contact the information center in the morning.

some gear being sold off on Rogerd - http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1095926&sid=13

To be fair, those two accounts were the server's Account Whores, tons of people had access to them if I recall somewhat correctly. Both had previous owners, friends using, new people using, etc.

Still sorry to hear it, cause it hits close to home.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its a pity that rather than having to go tru the useless gits at the PoL centre that u cant just use your original PoL/FFXI reg codes as your "master password" that could be used to get around asshole gilsellers hacking accounts and changing payment details etc. Have a friend on my own linkshell whos been locked out of his account by a "friend" over a silly $13 and now this "friend" is threatening to delete his character if he doesnt pay up. My friend cant get his account back even tho he contacted PoL and while he has his original reg codes because the payment details were changed they essentially are just telling him to fuck off and wont do anything about it. IMO if ya have the original codes and your credit card is on the payment history that should be all the proof needed to have your password reset.