Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Kirb

Re: The Second Battle of Konschtat

Fascinating read. Great work, Elmer.

Friese fights dirty.

GO :bastok:

Quote Originally Posted by theo
    The lesson to be learned here: Pre 2-hand patch, WARs should not be using Polearms.

The note about the san'dorian civil war sounded interesting to me. Is there a thread about that already or someone who can clarify?
    Except for the little fact that this was before the TP nerf... So Penta spam was viable! Like the good ol' days.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraude
    As for the absence of Konschtat in WotG... I think they just didn't want to deal with the crags for whatever reason. All three crag zones were replaced with new areas.
    My guess is that SE didn't want to deal with the Holla/Dem/Mea teleport spells. If they included any of the crags zones (or any telepoint for that matter) then they would have had to tweak the code for how the spells behave depending on if you were in the past or not. I doubt SE felt like modifying the rules for these spells so instead they chose to simply exclude the crag zones so it would be a non-issue. Also, by limiting mobility options (no teleport spells, no chocbos) players are forced to spend more time traveling in the WotG zones, which I'm sure makes SE happy.
    They could have made Teleport-Dem [S], Teleport-Holla [S], and Teleport-Mea [S] and put them in the second patch and required that you had to pick up a past tele-crystal. I think in the end they may have done it to keep the complaining about reusing the same zones to as minimum.

assburgers
    BG Level

Given how gorgeous some of the rehash zones are, I really can't say I mind. Running through places like Jugner, while watching aggro, or catching a sunset from Starfall Hillock in Saruta [S] is great.

Would be neat to see Kon [S], but I'll be happy with Xarc and Beauc, and the three beastman strongholds open to raid.

Perhaps another reason is not scattering the PC forces TOO thinly for Campaign.

Add in another 4-5 areas for fights and you might end up with folks going nuts trying to keep up.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth

Add in another 4-5 areas for fights and you might end up with folks going nuts trying to keep up.
    Serious. As it is, most of Cerberus' campaign-goers dont bother leaving Jugner. Other zones dont get as much attention from the other players.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Intense

Serious. As it is, most of Cerberus' campaign-goers dont bother leaving Jugner. Other zones dont get as much attention from the other players.
    Asura can't get enough of campaign. There are 0 forces owned by beastmen this week, and last week the only offensive forces were 2 of the 3 dungeons.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense

Asura can't get enough of campaign. There are 0 forces owned by beastmen this week, and last week the only offensive forces were 2 of the 3 dungeons.
    Well thats one thing that makes me miss Asura a little bit!

Ragnarok is aggressive, but at some points can be a mite thin on population if enough battles are going on at once. I actually soloed West Sarutabaruta for one battle and KOed- thankfully a latecomer got there after it ended and Raised me before the next one finished.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Elmy does it again, just finished reading this earlier today and amazing work once again. :elmer:

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

:bastok: , I miss thy embrace of iron and gold. For I have shamefully allied with :sandy: , for sake of mission completeness. Give thanks to SE for WoTG for I have returned to my homeland. Aiding her in the destruction of thy enemies. May we raise our rifles and pickaxes in unity. LONG LIVE BASTOK

lol

Sagacious Sundi

Late, but in response to the whole "no crag zones in the past" discussion that happened earlier, another excuse could be that they're packed with beastmen or something. You'll notice that all zones to the 3 are blocked off by beastman structures (it's safe to assume the Saruta:Tahrongi entrance is blocked off since the north exit to East Saruta. is blocked by Yagudo forces, not sure about Ronfaure:La Theine, though). Of course, we will get access to the most beastman filled areas (their strongholds), but it could be said that those are more important.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I remember reading somewhere that the three crags were the sites of the heaviest fighting. The war was fought over control of the crags and the power that flows through them; therefore I think it makes sense that SE would choose to close them off to us, and possibly open them to access in a *much* later update. Just my opinion though, maybe someone has more info on the fighting at the crags?

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I remember reading somewhere that the three crags were the sites of the heaviest fighting. The war was fought over control of the crags and the power that flows through them; therefore I think it makes sense that SE would choose to close them off to us, and possibly open them to access in a *much* later update. Just my opinion though, maybe someone has more info on the fighting at the crags?
    I'd have to say this is probably right. Most assume the "crystals" the "crystal war" was fought over were the 8 elemental synth crystals- however I think they were really after the mothercrystals.
    [spoiler:275qvibf]Raogrimm got a taste of their power in xarc, and raised an army to take them all[/spoiler:275qvibf]

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toksyuryel
    I'd have to say this is probably right. Most assume the "crystals" the "crystal war" was fought over were the 8 elemental synth crystals- however I think they were really after the mothercrystals.
    [spoiler:2jgrzj6f]Raogrimm got a taste of their power in xarc, and raised an army to take them all[/spoiler:2jgrzj6f]
    [spoiler:2jgrzj6f]Then why didn't he just use the Crystal Line to reverse the flow back to the mother crystal that sits under his castle? Or go directly for Delkfutt's Tower since that is where the Crystal Line converges. If he couldn't do either of those, why aren't the crag zones under siege by the beastmen and thusly Campaign zones?[/spoiler:2jgrzj6f]

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

The reading I saw indeed states that the crags were the places of the heaviest assaults. I imagine we'll see this in a later update, though. Much too early in the storyline we've been given so far to start showing us the destruction going on there, I suppose.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The reading I saw indeed states that the crags were the places of the heaviest assaults. I imagine we'll see this in a later update, though. Much too early in the storyline we've been given so far to start showing us the destruction going on there, I suppose.
    No we won't, unless Square is going to download three whole zones in the next update.

Member of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I imagine that is the reason qufim island and delkfutt's tower are infested top to bottom with gigas and goblins

a major battle happened... we just won't get to experience it

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Elmer's post about the gigas states that they were stranded at the end of the war, and stay there resisting Altana's forces to this day, so yeah, I'd agree with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4