FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

8-Year-Old Guitar Prodigy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGTfDf4b5oE

This kid is amazing. I wish I could play half as good as he does. 8 years old... man...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: 8-Year-Old Guitar Prodigy...

Pretty gewd. *incoming criticism* Blue's isn't hard to play 8) Although he's 8 so... Yeah <_<..... I hope he gets into experimental jazz fusion cause he'd be pretty insane.

pirahna1

Damn. That kid's freakin nuts. Wonder what great blues guitarist died the year he was born to give him that talent...

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Pretty gewd. *incoming criticism* Blue's isn't hard to play 8) Although he's 8 so... Yeah <_<..... I hope he gets into experimental jazz fusion cause he'd be pretty insane.
    except that kind of music sucks?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I was expecting a link to the 8 year old playing TTFaF on expert.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sure he's good, but what's he like at guitar hero?

The guy in the video says "watching video games" :bagel:

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11
    Holy shit, I have to go do some stuff, but if someone doesn't point out what an ignorant twat you are by the time I come back, I will have to.

Also, even though some people will probably say "holy shit dat sux and aint gawt none of dat emotion" (especially given what I just quoted), when it comes to straight up impressive guitar playing from an 8 year old, this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvx6rIAL-_I shits all over the one the OP linked. Not trying to take away from the kid, he's damn damn good for his age, but about every 3 months or so, some new prospective virtuoso gets passed around and is then never heard of again.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Our savior from R&B?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I bet he sucks at guitar hero, what a noob.

BEES OH GOD BEES
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    Holy shit, I have to go do some stuff, but if someone doesn't point out what an ignorant twat you are by the time I come back, I will have to.

Also, even though some people will probably say "holy shit dat sux and aint gawt none of dat emotion" (especially given what I just quoted), when it comes to straight up impressive guitar playing from an 8 year old, this kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvx6rIAL-_I shits all over the one the OP linked. Not trying to take away from the kid, he's damn damn good for his age, but about every 3 months or so, some new prospective virtuoso gets passed around and is then never heard of again.
    That kid has some good technique. However I failed to enjoy any of it since he played without feeling imo. Now, the blues kid... well he impressed me more in that area.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek

That kid has some good technique. However I failed to enjoy any of it since he played without feeling imo. Now, the blues kid... well he impressed me more in that area.
    See bolded area, but you recognized that that was your preference and didn't state it as though it were fact, so I've got no problem with it

Demosthenes11

sorry, i guess everyone that doesnt agree with you is an ignorant twat

PS that music still sucks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It just goes to show you people don't appreciate music anymore. I guarantee you Demon listens to Avenged Sevenfold.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

As someone who calls home to where blues music is a rampant part of the culture, I'll agree that it sucks.

Old Merits
    BG Level

get him to play the dance of eternity

Wherever you find a young prodigy on an instrument...

There's some Asian kid out there who's two years younger and does it better.

New Merits
    BG Level

sorry, i guess everyone that doesnt agree with you is an ignorant twat

PS that music still sucks
    No, everyone who makes an adamant statement wherein they attempt to appear like an expert of something they obviously know little to nothing about is an ignorant twat; people are most certainly entitled to their opinions, however, you stating that jazz fusion sucks as though it were fact shows that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Azninvazion
    The guy in the video says "watching video games" :bagel:
    noticed that too, but the kid is pretty ridiculous for only 8 years old
    would be nice to have a good idea of what you're probably going to be doing the rest of your life, i'm 18 and don't have the foggiest

He is good for 8 years old but >.>
    Nothing special or original, I wasn't impressed.
    edit: @Tricen: Wtf is wrong with Avenged Sevenfold? Sure, their singer sucks donkey cock now and I can't really stand anything they came out with after Waking the Fallen, but they still have some pretty cool guitar harmonies here and there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast