Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Need help with ninja parrying skillup.

I know parrying is one of the worst skills to raise on FFXI, I was wondering if anyone knew any ways to quickly skill it up.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: Need help with ninja parrying skillup.

Not sure how you are going to adapt this to your Ninja.
    You see i don't play Ninja so i'm not sure what your Ninja can do.

Here's the link to Maiev's Parrying Skillup Guide
    http://www.staronion.com/maiev/nfblog/?page_id=279

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you're looking to actually "powerlevel" it, Phalanx II will be your friend. The solo version has been helping RDM's cap parrying for years :D

/BLU (for you) helps tremendously as well.

I followed Slott and Rukenshin's methods in the following thread and had...
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...8/Parry2-1.png
    ...in about 12 hours. Worked like a charm.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19763

p.s. Thank you to Slott and Ruke!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I capped parrying skill by using Provoke in merit parties, but I'm old fashioned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ehran
    I capped parrying skill by using Provoke in merit parties, but I'm old fashioned.
    Same here lol

Quote Originally Posted by thelastninja
    I know parrying is one of the worst skills to raise on FFXI, I was wondering if anyone knew any ways to quickly skill it up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Devinry
    I followed Slott and Rukenshin's methods in the following thread and had...
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...8/Parry2-1.png
    ...in about 12 hours. Worked like a charm.

http://bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19763

p.s. Thank you to Slott and Ruke!
    lol and here i am, still uncapped :[ (268.5) - i haven't done any phalanx 2 tanking since 254 though. Guessing you used pucks in rancor?

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    lol and here i am, still uncapped :[ (268.5) - i haven't done any phalanx 2 tanking since 254 though. Guessing you used pucks in rancor?
    Yea, chigoes from 220 to 246, pucks from 246 to 269. The last level only took about 20 minutes with only two tough pucks on me. You should go knock out that last 0.5, bet you'll get it in no time.

I checked the links, and had a question. It's stated that chigoes cap around 220-225, and then you can do Marid chigoes. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the cap is (roughly) for the Fossorial Fleas in Aydeewa. I believe these are higher level than the chigoes in the Mire.

According to wiki, the chigoes in Caedarva Mire are 62-66 and the fleas in Subterrane are 64-68. So I'd guess the fleas would cap you out at around 235.

i understand this thread is for parrying skill ups, and i saw people mention Aht Urgan mobs. rather than make a new threa, ill ask here:

are there any Aht Urgan mobs that would be ok to skill up on around 180ish lvl? or are they not worth it and should just stick to crabs since they don't have strong TP moves?

edit: this pertains to weapons

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleGulk
    i understand this thread is for parrying skill ups, and i saw people mention Aht Urgan mobs. rather than make a new threa, ill ask here:

are there any Aht Urgan mobs that would be ok to skill up on around 180ish lvl? or are they not worth it and should just stick to crabs since they don't have strong TP moves?

I'm guessing you just want the sanction bonuses so...... Nipper!, or do you mean like marids/colibri?

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi

I'm guessing you just want the sanction bonuses so...... Nipper!, or do you mean like marids/colibri?
    not necessarily colibri or marid. hate feeling the "need" to goto the tree to kill crabs. and not cause of sanction bonus either. was thinking of something thats quicker to get to than having to trek to Boyhada. forgot about nippers. anything else in a short distance from whitegate to get to? thanks secksi

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi

not necessarily colibri or marid. hate feeling the "need" to goto the tree to kill crabs. and not cause of sanction bonus either. was thinking of something thats quicker to get to than having to trek to Boyhada. forgot about nippers. anything else in a short distance from whitegate to get to? thanks secksi
    Wootzshells on Mt. Z are pretty quick and easy to get to. They are slightly lower level than Nippers, I believe, so you could probably get started on them and then move to the reef.