Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Interview is close!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Re: Next Interview is close!

Question 1
    Can we have 20+ macro lines?

Question 2
    Can we have the option to set higher resolutions(2048x2048), draw-distance and mip-mapping?

Question 3
    Can we have macro queue, using equipment change, Sneak Attack, Trick Attack and a Weapon Skill without the need for /wait between?

Forgive the large questions in advanced, but since these questions or issues are never asked in any interview I have ever seen, I wanted to add as much detail as possible.

Question 1
    Summoner's while having a decent role fighting certain HNM's (for example; Wyrms), are lacking in other areas. You stated long ago, that you did not like the idea that summoner's, summon an avatar, use a Blood Pact, and the release to use /whm to cure until a BP is available for use again. You also stated that you were looking for ways to give summoners incentive to leave an Avatar out, but the avatar perpetuation cost is too high making this impossible. Also, having to constantly summon, release, and re-summon make it very difficult for a summoner to react quickly to changing situations during combat, especially in an EXP party, forcing summoner to use /WHM as it's job rather then a Summoner. The perpetuation cost being so high, makes it difficult for a Summoner to function as a Summoner in EXP parties, And endgame events such as Salvage, Dynamis and more. You Even gave additional TP bonus' but Avatar attack speed is slow, and melee accuracy is low making TP gain very difficult. Can you please increase Avatar Acc? Can you significantly lower or eliminate the Avatar Perpetuation cost, so that a summon has a reason to leave the Avatars out?

Question 2
    Avatar magic attack is too weak. This is greatly highlighted with their Tier 2, 3, 4 spells (ex. Fire II, Fire III, Fire IV) and avatar specific special magical atacks (ex Ramuh's ThunderSpark). This is also very noticeable with the newer lvl 75 Merit 2 magic abilities (Ex. Leviathen's "Thunderstorm"), which are significantly weaker then the lower lvl 70 BPs, even with TP. This disparity in magic attack also makes the summoner ability Astral Flow significantly weak, and all but useless at higher levels. Can you please significantly increase Avatar magic attack power, as well as add new Gear for SMN that can increase it's magic attack further, similar to the way there is gear that increases avatar physical accuracy and attack?
    Also can you increase the radius of Avatar enhancing spells? Currently it is too small, and all members must stand directly next to the avatar. This limitation forces the SMN to stand in the middle of dangerous situations trying to manually position the avatar so that everyone is effected by the enhancing spell (ex Hastega).

Question 3
    Bluemage, while being a very powerful job, has a lot of difficulty fighting very High level opponents, especially monsters with very High Defense. Physical spells outside of "Cannonball", and "Vertical cleave" (which absolutely rely on the subjob THF and "Sneak Attack") have very little effect on HNM. What are you doing to address this issue so that Bluemages are desired in HNM battles? ARe you making any plans to ease BlueMage reliance on the subjob Thf to deal dmg on HNM? Are there any plans to add more gear with "Blue Magic Skill" like Torques, Earings, and a Relic piece to help with this issue so that Blue Magic is more reliable?

Question 4
    The Physical spells of a Bluemage are fairly powerful, but the magical spells are very unreliable. The Magical attack spells are mostly underpowered, cost too much MP, and/or have too long of a casting time. While spells like "Heat Breath", "Eyes on me" and "Mindblast" have proven to perform well, the spells "Firespit", "Cursed Sphere", " Blastbomb", "Bomb Toss", "Death Ray", "Mysterious Light", "Blitzstrahl", "Magnetite Cloud", "Ice Break", "Self-Destruct", "1000 needles", "Hecatomb Wave", "Flying Hip Press", "Blood Saber", "Radiant Breath", and "Maelstrom", have either too high a MP cost yet deal small damage with long casting times, too little power, or terrible accuracy. In some cases all of the above. Perfect example being 1000 needles. This makes more then half of the Magical Bluemage spells all but useless. Can you please increase the performance and power while adjusting the MP costs and/or recast times to make them more MP efficient in comparison to the Physical spells? This way, many different Bluemages can have different customizable and viable styles of play, rather then only relying on physical spells in combat.

Question 5
    Many Bluemage enhancing and enfeebling spells are fairly weak in a lot of ways.
    Many do not last very long (like "Memento Mori", "Amplification", "Saline Coat", "Reactor Cool", "Plasma Charge", "Jettatura", "Chaotic Eye", "Cold Wave", "Feather Barrier", and "Bad Breath").
    Many have effects that are not very potent or noticeable (like "Sandspin", "Blood Drain", "Sound Blast", "Venom Shell", "Awful Eye", "Frightful Roar", "Filamented Hold", "Bad Breath", "Infrasonics", "Sandspray", "Warm-Up", "Lowing", "Reactor Cool", "Magic Hammer", "Stinking Gas" and "Plasma Charge").
    Many have very low accuracy (like "MP Drainkiss", "Light of Penance", "Bad Breath", and "Feather Tickle").
    Many have very long casting times to use (like "MP Drainkiss", "Bad Breath", "Zephyr Mantle" and "Voracious Trunk").
    Most these spells are never used, or relied upon in a party, or large alliance. Can you please improve the duration, accuracy, casting times, and potency of Bluemage enfeeble and enhancing spells so they can serve a purpose?

Question 1
    Are there any plans to allow skill ups in ballista?

Question 2
    Will there ever be anymore ballista or any kind of player versus player additions?

Question 1:
    As a dedicated crafter, it's often frustrating to make an item used to synthesize another one (Oak Cudgel, Coral Hairpin) only to get an HQ version that cannot be used to make the desired item (Warp Cudgel, Reraise Hairpin). Can versions of these recipes be added that allow the HQ version of an item to be used in synthesis?

Question 2:
    ToAU monsters provide easier experience points with the Sanction bonus than any non-ToAU area (even with monsters of the same type and level), to the point where older zones have been mostly abandoned in favor of fighting over a limited number of camps where chains far in excess of pre-ToAU numbers are the norm. Will other areas be adjusted to match this rate of experience gain, or will ToAU experience point gain be adjusted?

Question 3:
    The use of major elements of the battle system have been greatly reduced post-ToAU, most notably skillchains and magic bursting. Was this intended, and will these elements of the battle system be improved in order to encourage their use once again?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question 1
    At FFXI Fan Fest 2006, one of the ideas being tossed around was the concept of allowing Summoners to have their avatars out for longer than 'once every minute' durations. What happened to this idea?
    Question 2
    I sugested this at FFXI Fan fest 2007, but I'm not sure it ever got anywhere... Would it be possible to have the Dev Team answer five or so user picked questions from the various communities every so often? Many of us feel like our concerns and ideas are never reaching the Dev Team. Simply answering five or so questions every so often would increase player morale dramatically.

These good? If not, I can change them...

EDIT: Feel free to supliment my Question 1 with some of the better worded questions above. It seems that I'm not the only Summoner who has felt abandoned by the promise of having avatars out for longer, and then being forgotten...

Question 1
    Paladins received some job changes a while back, one including a 100% spell interruption rate down while blocking. While this is very nice being a paladin, it is also very overpowered for paladin with a ninja sub. Would SE consider altering this enhancement by allowing that interruption rate to only work for spells a paladin has natively? example - should work for: flash, cure iv, etc. Should NOT work for: utsusemi.

Question 2

I know SE doesn't want to have all of our old gear / efforts wasted by releasing all new gear (Referring to kings abj) so. what do you think about making new abjurations that use the current uncursed abjurations as the "cursed piece".. example : "new m.abjuration: Body" + Koenig cuirass = new body piece. This would promote the time we have spent obtaining previous gear yet allow for new gear to be added and upgrades to exist. Ofcourse HQ uncursed would result in the new hq

Button Kitten
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Question 1
    A lot of players have multiple jobs. Is there any plan to add in the search for party feature, the ability to look for party with another job (I mean not the one I'm using at the moment)?

Question 1 Will there be a Tavnazia [S] in WoTG addon? Yes/No/Maybe

Question 2 Will there be a Jeuno [S] in WoTG addon? Yes/No/Maybe

Question 3 Are there any plans to adjust Einherjar to make it more playable for smaller groups? (scaled)

Question 4 Are there any plans to raise the Lv cap in Pankration and/or to add WoTG monsters and some more rewards?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Question 1
    Are there any plans for customizable weapons and/or armor? Something along the lines of slotted equipment in various other RPG style games.

Question 2
    Since there are some zones in Final Fantasy XI that do not have any native pets for Beastmaster to charm, I think Familiar's effect should actually call a Familiar that the Beastmaster can raise, something similar to a Puppetmaster's Automaton.
    Maybe a "Catch" Job Ability could be used so that players can choose their own familiar by taming it out in the field with this ability.
    Does an idea such as this sound feasable?

I actually wanted to add more to that but I didn't want to write an essay. I'm thinking with an addition of Catch and Beastmaster raised familiars, your familiar itself could gain exp and you could upgrade certain stats for it, merit style.
    Like you could choose to give it more accuracy or other things, but with it being the Beastmaster 2hr ability you'd have to be careful and keep it alive as long as possible, similar to how Call Wyvern was before Spirit Surge, the difference being that when a Beastmaster's Familiar dies they still have Call Beast (and when possible, Charm).

Question 3
    Currently the accuracy of Physical Blue Magic spells is modified by accuracy of the Blue Mage's main-hand weapon, are there any plans to implement changes so that the attack value of these spells is also modified by the attack stat of the Blue Mage's main-hand weapon?

Question 1
    Can you release more information about any other hidden latents that players may not have found yet? I think after 1-3 years, based on whatever's still hidden, you might be able to come out with now. Also with some current latents, is there a hidden effect to some of them that are just flat out ridiculous and not even an option to consider? Mostly Frenzy Sallet's 100 dmg/tic.

Question 2
    With the recent changes in the economy and the STF's monthly bannings, more and more gil is being removed from the server. Prices are dropping everywhere and it's difficult to just go out and farm gil or items these days. Due to this, Dynamis prices are still 1 million and for the common player, even some HNMs, this is too much. You stated in the past you wished Dynamis to remain like this, and unclustered, hens why you won't do multiple zones, say 3 linkshells can do Xarcabard at once, but even a reduction to 750k would help a lot.

I think based on the drop rates (Northlands mostly) and how after 4 years people are still trying to get their desired relics, you could at least consider looking into this, or at the very least, implement new ways to make gil. I recall back when Limbus prices were changed, new ways were mentioned, any follow up on this?

Question 3
    ToAH Rings. You made Zilart and CoP final rewards requestable, how about a cutscene for these?

That's all I can think of for now, I'll edit my post if I can come up with another 2 questions.

A. Body
    BG Level

Question 1
    Shield seems to be the only defensive skill that is of any significant use on mobs VT and higher. The skill-up rate of Evasion is much faster than the rest (mostly because it is the only skill that can level up without having to activate.) After the great improvements you have Shield skill, are you considering adjusting any of the other defensive skills?
    Question 2
    What was the reasoning behind making raised chocobos (at least the basic yellows) slower than a rental and giving whistle charges such a high price? Considering the large amount of time, effort, and money invested in raising, none of it makes any real sense. The advantage of calling a chocobo has never been that great; Warp items such as scroll of Instant Warp & Warp Cudgel are ubiquitous, and many people carry more than one kind (such as the infinite charge Olduum and Tavnazian Rings, used to go to one place then change jobs to warp to another). Transportation to and from most places is done with teleportation NPCs or much less expensive rental chocobos. Prism Powder and Silent Oil have become affordable to the point that they are cheaper than calling your chocobo (not to mention the ever-growing group of jobs that can cast the effects on themselves for little or no cost). With running speed enhancing items, and now with sprinting shoes, the advantage in speed from Chocobos is even less important, especially since these can be used in dungeons, while chocobos can not. While it is acceptable that Chocobos can't be called in dungeons, there are many field areas where they can't be called (and this seems inconsistent, considering when you're in the Near East, which is an entire ocean away from your chocobo's stables, you can call it in Wajoam Woodlands and Bhaflau Thickets, even the parts that would seem impossible to get to, like Tandjana Islet.) I think I can understand the balance issues you were afraid of by making raised chocobos noticably faster than rentals at First-Class Strength or allowing them in places like Northlands (Xarcabard), but as much as people might enjoy raising their chocobo, they really want to see some return for their effort, like 50% more speed than a rental or the ability to go places rentals can't, not more of a gil-sink. Why did you limit Raised Chocobos by so much and will you do anything about it?
    Question 3
    Are you ever going to improve some of the more lacking Group 2 Job-Specific merits? It really seems unfair when you compare things like Feint and Angon to Diffusion and Protect 5.
    Question 4
    There are a few problems with Blue Mage (as I'm sure someone will or has mentioned), but one thing that probably hasn't been touched on is its 2-Hour Special Job Ability, Azure Lore. The ability doesn't increase spell power or potency enough to be especially useful, it's more like Elemental Seal on a 2-hour recast. It doesn't alter what you're normally doing and it's severely limited by MP. Are you going to be fixing integral elements like this any time soon? (One of the more popular solutions is extending the duration to a full minute and unlocking the BLU's entire spell list while the effect is active.)
    Question 5
    Monk on the whole is a well made and well balanced job, but there are areas where it is lacking. While your recent list of potential Job Adjustments has me excited and optimistic, I still feel as though this might not produce the desired effect and we'll have another half-hearted affair on our hands. I can guess as to what you might hope to achieve, but what exactly is the purpose of this Kick Attack concept and how will you go about making it a desirable element?

Banned.

BG Level

I'll leave the more common questions to everyone else.

Question 1

Content like Fellowship, Choocbo Racing, and Pankration rarely ever get additions after a month from it's release. No WotG monsters have been added to Pankration, only elements and a handful of new plate types. Is this abandonment planned from the start or a response to lack of popularity?

Question 2

Most players who join the game find it very hard to find what to do or where to go. It has been said they are expected to rely on online resources, but this is a huge turn-off and also hurts players who play on consoles far away from PCs or speak something other than English or Japanese which lacks such resources. Many, many players quit before level 20 because of this. Any plans to change this for the better?

Question 3

The Conquest system and high level(60+) camps in areas governed Conquest system are practically dead. The Expeditionary Force doesn't entice players anymore because it lacks reward, especially in the face of Besieged and Campaign. Any plans to change this?

Question 4

Many players aren't interested in LS Community Beta it due to the fact there are already better websites and it isn't accessible from Playonline. Players can check the Auction House, what they have in their inventories, and unrestrictive messageboards in other websites, which one would help be possible on this one. Any plans to work more with the LS Community Beta? Is it possible to add it's "Calendar" feature in-game so it can be viewed by a LS at anytime?

Question 5

Some players have a very difficult time doing Assault without a static group or a linkshell full of Assault doers. This crushes the "easy to do" image. This problem is actually visible in almost every non-exp party area of the game: quests, missions, 1+ man campaign ops, or NMs/item hunting treated as events. Is there any plans to make seeking for party in this area as strong as it is for exp?

EDIT: Just read the minimum question rule.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question 1
    Currently, Blue Mages have access to many different throwing weapons, but no throwing skill, while Puppetmaster has an C+ rating in Throwing Skill, and very little access, if any, to throwing weapons, due to their constant need to maintain an Animator equipped in order to be able to send commands to their automatons (animators are equipped on the ranged slot). Are there any plans to give Blue Mages Throwing Skill?

I figured this was an oversight on SE's part, but worth a shot asking, imo.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Question 1
    Summoners are still seen as underpowered in lower levels, due to perpetuation costs and lack of offensive power, and thus are still invited to parties to heal with a WHM subjob. Are there any plans to increase summoner effectiveness by lowering perpetuation costs, adding more levels of auto-refresh, adding enspells to avatar attacks to increase normal damage, or adding more blood pact commands to split physical/magical offensive blood pacts?

Question 2
    WHM is currently the only mage without any unique or native forms of MP restoration, and can thus suffer in a party where there are no forms of MP regen other than resting. Any plans to add any MP-restoring abilities to WHM, or make them more efficient with group regen spells(regenra) or group status removal spells that don't depend on a 10 minute cooldown? (Silenaga, blindnaga, etc.)

Question 3
    ToAU xp camps are seen as so very good due to easily killed colibri and the xp sanction bonus, that many other xp camps go unused. Are there any plans to make other camps more enticing, or nerf ToAU camps, to encourage the playerbase to spread out more?

Question 4
    Any plans to continue the Adventuring Fellow system, such as raising the level cap to 70 or 75, or adding more storyline to it, or allowing it's use in more areas?

Someone brought up the adventuring buddy in ToAU areas, but I have a feeling they didn't because it would make those areas even more crowded. Any future questions should probably take this into account.

Question 5
    Currently, a lot of the playerbase subs Ninja because Utsusemi is too good at preventing damage. Subjobs like DRK, MNK, WAR, and DRG tend to go unused due to lack of defensive options. Are there any plans to address Ninja as a subjob, or some of the other subjobs like you did with SAM, to encourage more variety?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Question 1:
    With the introduction of Campaign in Wings of the Goddess, some servers have seen Besieged fall to the wayside. This is mostly due to the player base seeing Campaign as less time invested for a greater reward, reducing Besieged to nothing more than an event to skill up non-capped Magic skills. Because of this, do you plan on going back and adding in additional incentives to participating in Besieged?

Question 2:
    On the other end of the spectrum, it is currently impossible to gain any sort of skill up points while participating in a Campaign battle, especially considering the amount of experience towards leveling that can be rewarded. Was this a design decision to not allow skill ups? If yes, will you potentially revisit this decision considering the success of Campaign?

Question 3 (should the update fail at addressing this):
    Scholar feels as though it has no definition as to what separates it from other classes in its field, such as Black Mage, Red Mage and White Mage. While one could argue that its affinity for elemental Helix spells, weather effects and the Strategems are a major draw, conclusions from testing by the player base show that these "advantages" are not worthwhile in an endgame setting. What sort of designs do you have planned for Scholar to distinguish it better from what already exists in fights such as HNMs?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Question 1
    With the addition of Shield Mastery, you have created an effective way for PLD's to scale their defenses on High level and HNMs, through use of shield skill. However, Evasion, parry, and Guard have not received any such boost to their effectiveness, making them all scale down in effectiveness the higher in level a monster is. Are you looking into adding Parrying (NIN), Guard(MNK), or Evasion(THF,NIN) Mastery for other jobs?
    Question 2
    Before you finished WotG, you claimed every job was going to receive new Magic. Are you looking into finishing the Ni Line for the Ninja Job Class?
    Question 3
    When you enhanced Summoning Skill, you made so that skill above your current level cap at 75 increases the duration of SMN buffs. Currently, outside of Phalanx and Enspells, Enhancing Skill isn't used for much. Could you make Enhancing Skill work on a similar principle so buffs are lengthened by increased enhancing skill over job cap?
    Question 4
    Currently, you have WHM's bound to Divine Seal to use Divine Veil to cure Multiple status ailments on a PC. However, SCH can do the same for most WHM spells, every 4 mins, and can bank them, while not bound to a 10 minute timer, like WHM is. Are there plans to make Divine Veil a stand alone job ability?
    Question 5
    Currently, every other 2 hander has a ws that is effective on HNM, Sam's have Tachi: Gekko/Yukikaze/Kasha, DRK has Spinning Slash, WAR has Steel Cyclone. DRG, however has no such ws, as both Impulse Drive, and Wheeling Thrust are not that effective on High level mobs. Do you plan to Enhance Wheeling Thrust or Impulse Drive so that DRG can participate in HNM battles via melee?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aylin Celesse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Hellscream

Question 1
    Treasures of Aht Urghan introduced the idea of full sets of armor that add a bonus when all 5 pieces are equipped. While some of these sets are very nice, holding multiple sets of 5 pieces each in your inventory/mog house/mog locker/storage really creates serious inventory and space problems. Is there any chance storage and claim slips for Assault-earned armor (Yigit, Pahluwan, Amir), Nyzul-earned armor (Goliard, Denali, Askar), and Salvage-earned armor (Morrigan, Marduk, Skadi, Ares, Usukane) can be introduced or implemented to alleviate this problem?

Question 2
    I know this question has been asked several times without a straight or any answer, but many players would like the chance to explore the story lines of the other nations they're not currently aligned with via missions. However, the fact that outpost warp privileges are lost/reset upon changing national allegiance is a huge hindrance to that. Any chance for an adjustment to allow you to keep your outposts upon changing allegiance, or perhaps instituting some kind of quest or mission after switching to allow you to re-obtain them easier?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Question 1
    After doing around 55 runs in Silver Sea Remnants and killing around 180 NMs in that zone that are supposed to drop a LVL35 piece for Salvage gears, my LS has gotten 4 drops. Why is the droprate in Silver Sea Remnants insanely lower than the one in other Salvage zones? Most of the NMs are also far more difficult to pop and harder to beat than in other Salvage zones. Why the low droprate? Being 0/50 on Hammerblow Majanung is depressing.
    Question 2
    Is there a way to add upgrade pieces for Salvage gear to the lootpool of Salvage Mega Bosses? This would encourage alot of older groups which are already capped on lvl25 gear to still go for the Boss and kill it. Moreover upgrading Salvage gear would be alot easier. Limbus and Dynamis follow the same system. Items for relic upgrading mainly drop in Dynamis. The Coins needed to upgrade AF+1 only drop in Limbus as well as the material needed for it.
    Question 3
    Is it possible that players gain AP for successfully clearing a Salvage zone? So far killing the Boss and warping out in time doesn't do anything. It would also help people who enjoy daily salvage to spend some AP on Assault gear or have some Tags left to do Nyzul Isle.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Question 1
    Do you have plans to add more armor sets to the storage NPC, including ToAU armor sets, Artifact Armor +1, and Relic Armor +1?
    Question 2
    Do plan on impementing Artifact Armor +1 and Relic Armor for the newer jobs, and if so, when?
    Question 3
    Getting the 35 pieces from the Bhalfu Remnants is incredibly frustrating. Can you change it to where either the NMs pop on a more regular basis (i.e. for every 20 regular monsters killed, the NM pops), or that the 35 pieces drop more frequently?
    Question 4
    The twenty minute timer on activate for Puppetmaster can be incredibly debillitating, especially in areas where death can happen quite often, such as Bastilla. Do you have plans on changing this so it isn't quite as debilitating?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Question 1
    In most timed events, when the timer expires if the loot pool isnt cleared the rewards for your effort are lost. Limbus has a system where you go to a staging area where final lotting is accomplished. Are there any plans to implement such a feature on existing events?

Question 2
    Inventory space is an ever constant struggle; Often due to the difficulty of obtaining rare/ex items people cannot bring themselves to throw out these rare items. The introduction of the storage NPCs and mog locker greatly helped but really it only resolved the issue for a short time. Is there any plans to introduce other Mog Locker style storage? Or the ability to rent multiple mog lockers?

Question 3
    With CoP adding several level capped zones many of which are not used due to the experience point adjustment. Are there any plans to remove/adjust this experience point penalty to make more of these areas viable lower level exp camps?

Question 4
    Salvage is an interesting event to obtain some usefull gear. However there is no real intermediate rewards and can thusly quickly cause players to loose interest. Limbus has ancient beastcoins, Einherjar has the Ichor, Dynamis has ancient currency; as well as various crafting item drops. Is there any plans to add such sellable intermediate rewards to salvage? Ideally some of these items would be materials needed for the actual Salvage item upgrades.

Question 5
    Many players use modified DAT files as well as additional tools to user friendly functionality to the game. These include displaying party members TP, distance from objects, maps with a complete area layout, unique status icons for various effects, crisper/clearer text. Are there any plans to add these features?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast