Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Next Interview is close!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Re: Next Interview is close!

Question 1

With the mention of improving current relic weapons what are the improvements you are considering? I would like to suggest changing the weapon skills to multi-hit and or changing the additional effects of some relics which cannot proc if the monster is paralyzed, poisoned, etc.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Question 1
    The new armour sets from Wotg are really nice in that they give a bonus if you wear 2,3,4 or 5 pieces of the sets. Is there any possibility that Salvage sets could be changed to give a lesser bonus when you don't have all 5 pieces equipped?

Question 1
    I've com across threads regarding older content like Garrison, Eco-warrior, Expeditionary Force, Beastmen Treasure (goblin npc's in certain zones on certain days) and there are quite a few people that would like to see changes/updates to these. In some case moreso than new events/content/battles.
    Are there any plans to update old content that has become unpopular?

Question 2
    There is a tendency to equip ones character to have either high Attack or Accuracy and then compensate the other with food. Resulting in setups involving Acc. gear + Atk. food or Atk. gear + Acc. food. The game includes many 'middle of the road' gear that tries to balance these two stats, however there is no food that does the same. Are there any plans to add food items that provide a decent percentual boost to both accuracy and attack?

Question 3
    Assault is my favorite event in FFXI because (most of) its rewards are based on the amount of work you put into it. Earning points which you then use to purchase items is something we see in Limbus (coins) and Einherjar (ampoules) as well. There are still many parts of the game where rewards are completely random and uncontrolled which only leads to frustration. The plus side of points is that players using all kinds of jobs get a reward for participating in the same event. (This is more of a suggestion than a question) Can you add ways to "earn"/"save up for" items that are currently luck based?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Question 1

It seems that even though you had changed certain Notorious Monsters (Leaping Lizzy, Valkurm Emperor, and the like) to dropping Rare/EX equivalents, people surprisingly enough, are still using third party tools to rob other legit players of oppertunities. It makes no sense that people are being outclaimed for a(n) item that has no financial value, so my question to you:

Would it be possible to turn some of those notorious monsters from delayed lottery spawns to possible "???" pops? (IE: a ??? moves between the beaches every 30 minutes on Valkurm Dunes, and trading a stack of insect wings prompts a message "You've enraged the emperor!" or something like that, and the monster comes out claimed to the trader.) Keep the drop rate the same, just give more people a chance to actually claim the creature themselves.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Question 1
    Players tend to xp most of the time on colibris. The most famous merit camp, Bhaflau Thickets though nyzul isle only features Greater Colibris.
    These mobs are especially annoying, they attack really fast, they evade well, they have strong multihits wepaonskills, they are highly resistant to magic, they reflect magic cast on them, they reduce Tp to 0 and they eat player's food.
    I don't think there is any mob in the game more annoying to fight than colibris.

They also die really fast and chain really well, turning the party dynamics from a group with a tank and damage dealers to a group of damage dealers without any real tank.
    This way to behave as a group is now generalized to most group situations in and outside of merit parties.

Were colibris intended to be xp mobs or were they designed to prevent players from fighting them ? Why ?
    Was bhaflau thickets designed to be the best xp camp in the game ?
    Was it designed to make us change the way we play the game in general ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

hmm, since the Blu questions nailed it, i'll ask something else

Question 1
    PuppetMaster Hand to Hand skill is simply too low. It's the only pet job in the game, that has a C ranking in its main weapon. You've stated that you did this to keep it from being too powerful. But a 225 skill for it's main weapon prevent PUP from doing any dmg to higher lvl monsters like HNM, it is barely able to even land any hits at all. Combine its low skill grade, and low attack, and it either misses, or lands for 0 dmg all the time. We believe a higher grade skill, would not make PUP over powered since it cannot equip the same things a MNK can. You also do not have to give PUP Asuran fists. Can you please increase PUP's main weapon skill in H2H to a A-? BST is proof that rank in weapon alone won't make you over powered.

Question 2
    What is the reasoning behind giving PUP exclusivity in WHM/SMN gear? It's a job with no MP base what so ever, is not effected by INT or MND, yet 95% of its gear choice is MP based. This is the reason why PUP is considered by almost there entire player base to be the weakest job in the game. Why does a RDM have access to "Destroyers" but a PUP does not? Can you please increase the melee gear selection that a PUP can equip? This will not make PUP overpowered. It will just bridge the gap it has with other jobs.

Question 3
    Currently a PUP being active with Maneuvers has a problem of constant overloads. The only Maneuver that is manageable right now is FIRE maneuvers because there is an attachment that reduces the risk of fire overloads called "HeatSink". Maneuvers also wear off to fast, making it too difficult to keep them up. Can you please add similar attachments for the other elements, and lengthen the duration time of maneuvers?

Question 4
    Automaton AI is in need of some adjustments.
    -The Automaton will continually cast silence on monsters that do not cast spells. Can you increase the AI so it will not cast silence on monsters that cannot cast Magic?
    -It will cast Aspir on monsters that do not have Magic Points. Can you correct this?
    -The Automatons that can cure has to choose between casting a status curing spell, or healing magic creating dangerous situations. Can you please put the Status curing spells, and healing spells on separate timers, so that the Automaton does not have to choose between the two?
    -The Healing automaton will cast the biggest possible cure regardless of the amount of HP that is lost (For example the Soulsoother will cast Cure V, even when it will only heal 200 HP). Can you please allow the automaton to cast the correct healing spell based on the % of HP that needs to be healed (ie:use cure III if cure IV or V is not needed)?
    -When the attachment "Damage Gauge" is equipped, the automaton will still prioritize status curing over HP healing. Even if a player has red HP status and will die. Can you please allow curing to take priority over status ailments when "Damage gauge" is used?

Question 5
    Why do you limit the gear that the expansion jobs can use so heavily? For example none of the recent expansion jobs such as Cor, Blu, Pup, Dnc, and Sch can use a Kraken Club. Why is this? Are there any plans to correct this?

Question 1
    Why did it take a considerably long amount of time for the Square-Enix support team to assist players that had their accounts stolen starting in December? What steps are being put into place to protect players so they don't lose their characters and valueable gear in the future?

Question 2
    A few years ago the Ninja class was considered to be overpowered. Due to changes for other jobs and the lack of updates for the job, this is no longer the case. Will Ninjas ever see a signifigant change?

Question 3
    Dark Knights have plenty of magic exclusive to their job while Paladins have none. Will Paladins ever receive an exclusive spell?

Question 4
    Are there any plans to change the Vitality/Defense calculations vs. HNMs to make tanking without Utsusemi more viable?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question 1
    While Nyzul Assault and Salvage were aimed at casual players, it is frustrating for your more dedicated players who are finding they have to choose to take part in one or the other. Are there any plans to allow Remnants Permits to be obtained through imperial standing or gil (which would also allow for excess gil to be removed from the economy). No doubt, players will become even more frustrated as the floor100 weapons are part of new relic. It may become increasingly difficult to find members for salvage runs as people will have burnt their tags and so not have enough assault points. Perhaps you can nerf salvage a bit more while your at it, maybe allow for level15/25/35 or completed salvage armor to be worn immediately on entry (i.e. they wont be subject to the Pathos), this would give salvage a more progressive feeling rather than the repeated "lets start from level1 because i forgot to save my game" approach.

Question 2
    Any plans to expand on the game in its social aspect? FFXI is the least social MMO. A lot of people spend the bulk of their time in random xp/merit parties but barely speak to each other. Also, some were hyped for the PvP-type-colleseum imagining two RL players battling it out and their friends and spectators cheering them on. But that idea seems to have been abandoned. Also, linkshells for the most part only have cohesion if the players themselves set down linkshell rules. Would there be any chance of linkshell halls/mog houses we can decorate with linkshell winnings such as fafnir cuddly toys. Or perhaps think of ways in which Linkshells can compete (other than HNMs >.>) in game, a sort of merging the idea of the 2005? ballista/brenner competition but into the mainstream game/mainstream activities

Question 3
    Increasing the storage and inventory spaces was a godsend. However, one of the simplest ways to save space would be to allow every single non-equipment item to stack to 12. Its annoying filling my inventory up with colibri beaks after 5 mins of getting to camp. Perhaps, related to this idea, could some items stack to 99 - i.e. all medicinal items. As Bard (with a resist silence trait that never triggers) i was having to carry around 5 stacks of echo drops per party in the mire on top of all my instruments

Question 4
    In my last question I would point to the lack of Battlefields in Aht-Urghan. Are there any plans to increase the number of ISNMs? It seems a lot of what was started in Aht-Urghan has been cut short or discontinued. Theres even a stall in whitegate zone with an NPC saying her artisan/crafting master shall brb but she's said that since April 2006 lol. I would point the same towards WotG and ask what can we expect from this expansion, Campaign OPs just dont cut it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Question 1
    Is there a way to enhance skillchains beyond the additional damage and the boni on bursts?
    Maybe after a successful skillchain (inclusive a magic burst of atleast a certain damage) decrease the monsters tp and prohibit its tp gain for a short amount of time and an exp bonus. The strenght of the effect based on the Tier of the SC.
    That would make the usage of melees and SCing in HNM fights more favourable and would make blms for exp partys more interesting

Just an idea :ashira:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question 1
    Do you plan on changing any of the old content in any way shape or form? Stuff like kings camps are way to redundant, maybe changing the monsters behavior or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    Question 3
    Why doesn't Chocobo Mazurka work in Al Zhabi and in nations of the past?
    Al Zhabi and the Past Nations are classified as Dungoens, not outside areas; zones that have NPCs in them but turn into battlegrounds when an event starts. Its the same reason you can summon Pets in these zones, but can't in others where Mazurka works. Different type of .dat file~

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Question 5
    There are different icons for each of the eight PUP Automaton maneuvers. Why does SCH have the same icon for Light Arts and Dark Arts?

Question 1

Before allowing players to login you have this message: "Exploring Vana'diel is a thrilling experience. During your time here, you will be able to talk, join, and adventure with many other individuals in an experience that is unique to online games. That being said, we have no desire to see your real life suffer as a consequence. Don't forget your family, your friends, your school, or your work." Despite this message Final Fantasy XI has one of the worst NM setups. Lower level NMs spawn at a 2+ hour rate, others around 16-36 hour rate. And then the HNMs 21-24 hours, while even others can take 5 days to spawn. This coupled with the large amount of players that compete for these makes it take a very long time to even receive anything to show for it. My question is, are there any chances of making this monsters easier to at least combat? Allowing more people that a single group per day to fight/obtain drops. Something similar to how Pallas is now spawned, or allow something like a HNM or NM tag that can be received once per day or every few hours, or instanced zone(not with the use of seals).

Sorry for the length of the question and I realize that it will get a round about answer even if it's asked but still. Would be nice. I also do realize someone posted a similar question to this dealing along the lines of trading a stack of insect wings to a ??? to pop valk emp. Kind of a similar question but with a larger reach.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

First question on page 3

Question 2
    Has any consideration been made to split the 3 day timers of CoP dynamis and regular dynamis and make them into two separate events? With many people complaining about the cost of dynamis, this might be a middle ground. Make CoP dynamis glass cost 500k and leave the regular dynamis at 1M

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Question 1:
    With the addition of tier 2 merits and previous job adjustments it seems that nearly every “melee” job has a place in end-game content with the exception of beastmaster and puppetmaster (all other “melee” jobs now have native abilities or spells for increasing / mitigating damage). What plans, if any, are in the works to give these jobs more end-game value? Are these jobs intended for solo play and not end-game use by SE?

Question 2
    Have you considered enhancing “killer effects” as a solution by adding an attack bonus or haste % when a beastmaster is fighting specific types of beasts (I believe beastmaster had this at one time after RoTZ was released)?

Question 1
    Can ToAU end reward rings be made reobtainable?

Question 2
    Will there be new XBox Live Achievements attached to the game to coincide with the release of WotG?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question 1
    Can the 15 minutes of the forced pop NMs changed to something like 5 minutes? doing 5 NMs will result of total 1 hour doing nothing which is just stupid.

Question 1
    Can you please make Avatar Prime fight rewards that were droped (for what ever reason) re-obtainable please? ex.. while back i droped my Ifrit Sword, I like another shot at it

Question 1

What are the reasons behind SE introducing the Octave Club as the drop from the Lord of Onzozo as opposed to a rare/ex version of the Kraken Club? All of the other drops that were heavily camped by RMT such as O-kote and Fuma Kyahan were just changed to rare/ex and their non-rare/ex versions added to BCNM drop lists. The Kraken Club has been added to the BCNM60 Up In Arms, but has a very small chance of dropping. Dual wielding these weapons is a futile effort, so myself and other players don't understand the purpose behind the Octave Club only working at two levels.

Question 2

Paladin/Ninja has become one of the premiere tanking methods in any HNM situation because of its survivability, especially with the release of new monsters that clear shadows relatively easy. Does SE plan to add any Stage 2 (or Stage 3 i guess?) merits to make ninja a better damage dealing job? Or maybe the possibility of some more abilities to enhance their tanking? Most people who have always been full time ninja tanks in HNM are feeling a bit left out with the move to Paladin/Ninja. Not to mention most Stage 2 abilities for ninja aren't utilized nearly as much as SE had originally intended I'm sure, especially when compared to those of other jobs (an example would be Samurai and the Overwhelm ability).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Question 1
    From what I understand from the massive player accounts being stolen back in December of 2007, the accounts are compromised through the use of keyloggers which first taken the screen shot of the log on screen and then logging the password. Is it possible to add a censor to the POL ID on the POL viewer during log on in order to further prevent compromised accounts? Probably can't prevent all, but it's a start.

Question 2
    The NM system in the game simply does not allow the players to truly enjoy the game, we appreciate what you have done with Sozu Rogberry (the Thief's Knife NM), is it possible to extend this system toward other NMs in the game, popping methods wise?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast